+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Post Graduate Diploma course from IIIT banglore & Upgrad considered for Canada PR.

ss_95

Jun 2, 2022
Hey All,

I recently got my WES evaluation done for the Post Graduate Diploma in Full Stack Development from IIITB via upGrad.
  • IIITB is recognized by WES
  • Canadian equivalency is Postgraduate Diploma (1year)
  • It gets you an additional 33 points on your express entry profile (i.e if you already have a degree of 3 or more years)
Steps to apply for WES evaluation via IIITB (nothing to do with upGrad)
  • You can apply for this only if you have got the soft copy of transcript/certificate from IIITB
  • As per IIITB policy, you need to pay Rs.500/- towards each copy of the Transcript (Statement of Grades), Rs.500/- towards each copy of the certificate for sending it to the WES.
  • You may please deposit the amount and submit the request for the same with the details of submission of fee and WES reference number.
  • Drop an email to cpe-verification@iiitb.ac.in with all the above details
Note : To get their payment transfer details and any updated information, please first drop a note to cpe-verification@iiitb.ac.in

Note : upGrad has now renamed this to Executive PG, hence there is no confirmation on whether Executive PGD would also get a WES equivalence

Please feel free to get in touch for any queries or referrals on upGrad for a reduced course fee. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DesiPikachu

debanjana0901

Jun 2, 2022
Hey All,

I recently got my WES evaluation done for the Post Graduate Diploma in Full Stack Development from IIITB via upGrad.
  • IIITB is recognized by WES
  • Canadian equivalency is Postgraduate Diploma (1year)
  • It gets you an additional 33 points on your express entry profile (i.e if you already have a degree of 3 or more years)
Steps to apply for WES evaluation via IIITB (nothing to do with upGrad)
  • You can apply for this only if you have got the soft copy of transcript/certificate from IIITB
  • As per IIITB policy, you need to pay Rs.500/- towards each copy of the Transcript (Statement of Grades), Rs.500/- towards each copy of the certificate for sending it to the WES.
  • You may please deposit the amount and submit the request for the same with the details of submission of fee and WES reference number.
  • Drop an email to cpe-verification@iiitb.ac.in with all the above details
Note : To get their payment transfer details and any updated information, please first drop a note to cpe-verification@iiitb.ac.in

Please feel free to get in touch for any queries or referrals on upGrad for a reduced course fee. Thanks :)
Hi, which batch did you belong from? Did you get a PGD certificate from IIITB or an Exec PGP?

Kunal2020

Aug 27, 2020
HI Above claim is false. This will not add 33 points in CRS but only 19 points.
See my post earlier where I had posted below.

I have four year bachelor of engineering degree(Year 2005 to 2009) and 1 year PGD ML-AI program from IIITB & Upgrad (Jan 2021 to Feb 2022) .

I got WES evaluations with Canadian equivalence as follows:
Bachelor's degree (four years)
Postgraduate diploma (one year)

My CRS score with Bachelor degree only is 451 and I was expecting that adding PGD in express entry profile will add 32 points as I read in this forum.

But when I added the PGD in express entry profile , My CRS score only increased by 19 points (470 now). I am bit disappointed and not sure if I did it wrong way.I choose "One year program at university, college, trade or technical school,or other institute" in Level of education in express entry profile for PGD. Since I am working professional and the PGD was a distance learning course, I choose "Part time" in express entry form.(not sure if this is a problem)

ss_95

Jun 2, 2022
Hi, which batch did you belong from? Did you get a PGD certificate from IIITB or an Exec PGP?
I belonged to the Dec 2020 batch (i.e started on Dec 31 2020 and ended on Feb 9 2022). My certificate mentions post graduate diploma, and not executive PG. I guess it's changed to executive now

ss_95

Jun 2, 2022
HI Above claim is false. This will not add 33 points in CRS but only 19 points.
See my post earlier where I had posted below.

I have four year bachelor of engineering degree(Year 2005 to 2009) and 1 year PGD ML-AI program from IIITB & Upgrad (Jan 2021 to Feb 2022) .

I got WES evaluations with Canadian equivalence as follows:
Bachelor's degree (four years)
Postgraduate diploma (one year)

My CRS score with Bachelor degree only is 451 and I was expecting that adding PGD in express entry profile will add 32 points as I read in this forum.

But when I added the PGD in express entry profile , My CRS score only increased by 19 points (470 now). I am bit disappointed and not sure if I did it wrong way.I choose "One year program at university, college, trade or technical school,or other institute" in Level of education in express entry profile for PGD. Since I am working professional and the PGD was a distance learning course, I choose "Part time" in express entry form.(not sure if this is a problem)
Hey Kunal, FYI .. I'm already in the pool .. my prev score prior to this was 435 and now it's 468 (updated 2 months back). I had already reached out to others on this platform earlier who had got 32 points on their express entry profile and then only proceeded with this course. As you said, it could probably be something to do with your profile, so please don't tag it as a false claim

Last edited:

Kunal2020

Aug 27, 2020
Hey Kunal, FYI .. I'm already in the pool .. my prev score prior to this was 435 and now it's 468 (updated 2 months back). I had already reached out to others on this platform earlier who had got 32 points on their express entry profile and then only proceeded with this course. As you said, it could probably be something to do with your profile, so please don't tag it as a false claim
Hi , Thank you for the response. I may be doing it wrong way that is why I asked for guidance from members and am delighted for your response.
I have 4 years Bachelor desgreee and then PgD in AI and ML. For PGD , I choose part time since I am also a working professional and it is a distance learning. My IELTS R-8.5, L-7.5,W-7,S-8. Can you please advise me if you choose part time or Full time for PGD in express entry profile? Than you very much for your help.

ss_95

Jun 2, 2022
Hi , Thank you for the response. I may be doing it wrong way that is why I asked for guidance from members and am delighted for your response.
I have 4 years Bachelor desgreee and then PgD in AI and ML. For PGD , I choose part time since I am also a working professional and it is a distance learning. My IELTS R-8.5, L-7.5,W-7,S-8. Can you please advise me if you choose part time or Full time for PGD in express entry profile? Than you very much for your help.
No worries, happy to help. I too had this query while submitting my profile, but after consulting with other members on this forum who already have received an ITA, i gave it as full-time since i almost spent 15-18hrs/week. Another thing that prompted me to mention it as full-time was WES evaluation doesn't mention it as distance learning, but considers it as a proper PGD. But this reasoning could be subjective, so not sure, otherwise you can also check for any other factors that could have altered your score like age, spouse etc

Below is my score breakup

Age - 110
Level of education - 128
First official language proficiency - 130
Education - 50
Foreign work experience - 50

Last edited:

Kunal2020

Aug 27, 2020
Thank you very much. I will revisit my profile again. So Can you pelase advise if we need to choose "One year program at university, college, trade or technical school,or other institute" in Level of education for PGD, right?

ss_95

Jun 2, 2022
Thank you very much. I will revisit my profile again. So Can you pelase advise if we need to choose "One year program at university, college, trade or technical school,or other institute" in Level of education for PGD, right?
Correct, i chose 'One year program ....' as well. Also, 470 is still a good score, even though the cut off might be high once regular express entry resumes, it could come down based on the frequency of draws and Canada's requirement needs. There's also an option of PNP too.. so let's hope for the best :)

Kunal2020

Aug 27, 2020
Correct, i chose 'One year program ....' as well. Also, 470 is still a good score, even though the cut off might be high once regular express entry resumes, it could come down based on the frequency of draws and Canada's requirement needs. There's also an option of PNP too.. so let's hope for the best :)
Hmm..Yeah 470 is good score under CEC but I am fighting against time.My workpermit is expiring in October beginning so was hoping to maximize my score so that I could get invitation early in July/August. Once I leave country , even if i get ITA , I am not sure I will be able to return back to Canada or not.

Thank a lot for your insights!

qazi_elma

Apr 29, 2021
Sorry folks I got a response from the admission counselor:
this Executive Post Graduation won't be giving you the WES accreditation as the earlier one was a Diploma now this is converted to a Certification and won't be counted for Degree or diploma level accreditation.

Sai Pradeep

Jun 24, 2022
Does experience before graduation is count in getting pr visa our also increase CRS points.

Hi i am Sai Pradeep and i have 3.3 years of experience in Civil engineering field from i completed my bachelor's in Civil engineering in 2019 from that i have been working as an Engineer for xxx company. However during my bachelor's studies in four years period of time i worked as an Administrator Assistant where these are the my responsibility.

1.Answer and direct phone calls.
2.Organize and schedule appointments.
3.Plan meetings and take detailed minutes.
4.Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
5.Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
6.Develop and maintain a filing system.

I would like to that it increases my experience as well as CRS POINTS points or not.
Getting an advice from your side will increase my knowledge also it will be very helpful.