+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Post Graduate Diploma course from IIIT banglore & Upgrad considered for Canada PR.

uditrawat23

May 2, 2020
Hi All,

I am about to completed IIITB PGD program by June and want to proceed for M.Sc program from LJUM, which is add on top on PGD course.

I want to know if anyone have send the LJMU's M.Sc. degree to WES for evaluation. If yes. I have two question
  1. Do WES consider LJMU Master from Upgrad equivalent to Canada's Master. As I heard MBA from India is equivalent to Canada's PGD.
  2. Did we need to send both the degrees for evalaution as it would need two transcripts one from IIITB and other from LJMU or just LJMU transcript is enough.
Anyone who would be in same boat like me can try to reach me at Linkedin @ https://www.linkedin.com/in/udittrawat/

Aptechvisa

Mar 26, 2020
Hi,
As per the recent scenario, Canada invites skilled applicants with a minimum 440 CRS score for the Canadian Experience class. You score are quite looking low to get an invitation to apply (ITA). Moreover, to boost the scores, you are suggested to obtain a degree for at least one year as WES doesn’t consider maters for 11 months duration. Alternatively, there are also other ways to increase scores like reattempt IELTS, get a job offer letter (LMIA approved), increase your professional experience and so on.
Hope, you understand!

mac_pnp

Sep 1, 2019
I checked with Upgrad and they are saying that the data science course will have only 24 credits from this year and still valid for WES.
Can someone confirm whether 24 credit is enough to get 1 year PGDM from WES ?

purnima2722

Jun 10, 2020
@mashkk13 : - Glad to hear that you have received the WES evaluation .

@mashkk13 & @Nainoor_first : I just wanted to confirm what have you selected in WES profile for this options.

Type of Education : University Education or Non-University Postgraduate Diploma Education...?????

@uditrawat23 : - Can you please share the information if you get the answer for it,
1. Do WES consider LJMU Master from Upgrad equivalent to Canada's Master...????

uditrawat23

May 2, 2020

@mashkk13 & @Nainoor_first : I just wanted to confirm what have you selected in WES profile for this options.

Type of Education : University Education or Non-University Postgraduate Diploma Education...?????

@uditrawat23 : - Can you please share the information if you get the answer for it,
@purnima2722 Haven't recieved any ans yet.

Jul 10, 2020
Hi All,

I am about to completed IIITB PGD program by June and want to proceed for M.Sc program from LJUM, which is add on top on PGD course.

I want to know if anyone have send the LJMU's M.Sc. degree to WES for evaluation. If yes. I have two question
  1. Do WES consider LJMU Master from Upgrad equivalent to Canada's Master. As I heard MBA from India is equivalent to Canada's PGD.
  2. Did we need to send both the degrees for evalaution as it would need two transcripts one from IIITB and other from LJMU or just LJMU transcript is enough.
Anyone who would be in same boat like me can try to reach me at Linkedin @ https://www.linkedin.com/in/udittrawat/
Can someone answer this, I have the same query,
My degree BscIT from Mumbai University is already evaluated.
I am CLB-9 in IELTS.
I have 9 years of experience in IT as a software developer.
But my score is still low, which is 427.

I am planning to go for UpGrads's Masters degree in Computer Science (AI) which is of the duration 18 months. I want to know what WES will evaluate this to, and how much points will I get after successful evaluation.

Reactions: uditrawat23

upGrad

Jan 8, 2020

Hi Purnima, yes, WES considers LJMU Masters equivalent to Canada Masters.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

upGrad

Jan 8, 2020
Hi All,

Hi Udit, here are answers to your queries:

1) LJMU Masters is considered as equivalent to Canadian Masters and accepted by WES.
2) The learner only needs to send one transcript to WES i.e from LJMU

upGrad

Jan 8, 2020
Hello guys, I'm planning to study PGD in DataScience from this Jun. I hope it will be accepted by WES.
PS: should I do ML/AI program or go with DS? Please help me to consider, who has joined these respected programs.
Thank you to all the above users for keeping this thread alive and help me to clear many doughts.
PS@: can anyone recommend a few threads for getting through information about the CRS score in eduction?
Thank you.
Hi, the program is accepted by WES and the University is AICTE and NAAC accredited.

upGrad

Jan 8, 2020
Guys, I have done my PGDM in this April, now I m thinking to continue it to masters, ay idea whether LJMU will fetch masters score for CRS?

If anyone need referral reach out to me, referral code ( o6NxEQ )
Hi Vijay, yes, Masters will definitely improve your score for immigration purpose. WES accepts Masters program from LJMU.

upGrad

Jan 8, 2020
Hi,

Did anyone get their credentials, iiit-b upgrad (PGD-ML,AI) evaluated from WES? Are they considering these?

I got to know that they(iiit B) shall send certificate and transcript. Not sure about certificate that says this course is approved by such bodies as UGC or AICTE...(not sure if this is required).
Hi Sairam, IIIT-B is an AICTE approved University
https://www.iiitb.ac.in/aicte-mandatory-disclosure
Since, it is approved and the details are on the website, the certificate won't specify that explicitly.

upGrad

Jan 8, 2020
Hello to all in this thread. While applying to the express entry program, if the IIIT degree gets wes certified, can we include it along with our work experience during the same time? I mean would there be any conflict if i show my work ex from 2018 till present and diploma degree which i got in march 2019? I'm not really sure how that would work.
Hi, yes, you can include it along with your work experience during the same time. There shall be no conflict for the same.