+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Post Graduate Diploma course from IIIT banglore & Upgrad considered for Canada PR.

pavankarthik

Apr 1, 2020
Hey @pavankarthik,

Yes, I have a work experience of one and a half years as a Web Developer. I am doing my Bachelor's in an Open University so will my work experience be counted?

I used the free tool for WES Canada Degree Equivalency to calculate my Equivalency.

Thanks & Regards,
Nainoor
Ideally it should count, in your case you are doing it parallely with BCA, am not sure about how the Case officers deals with that. It is a specific case.

So, you are yet to send the transcripts to WES.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hey @kashifsami,

Thanks for the reply. Your input is quite valuable to someone like me who is on the onset of the course. I am still in my final semester of BCA and was planning to start this course in June. According to you, is this course worth the time and resources? I assume that you have not been placed in a company yet.

Thanks & Regards,
Nainoor
The PGD course is valuable, no doubt about it. In the first 6-months, I learnt pretty much what data scientists at my company know and do. I am enrolled in ML&AI which I'd recommend isntead of the Data Science course because it goes into NLP, DL and Reinforcement Learning. I have not been placed but please don't count on the course to place you, there are 1000s of students graduating from Upgrad alone + students from many many other courses but jobs are very few.

Having said that, as you're earlier in your career you have a better shot at making the move. For folks with more experience (7 years in my case) it's best to switch internally so your compensation levels don't drop.

I didn't just join the course because of the Canada PR, that was just additional motivation. I wanted to demystify data science and to a great degree I have achieved that. Switching careers and Canada PR are icing on the cake.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi., I have confirmed that WES will recognize PG Diploma from IIIT Bangalore (via Upgrad) as a 1-year PG Diploma. Here's the evidence so far:

1. I asked someone who's moved to Canada after this program. While he had not applied to WES, a friend of his did. Here is the conversation.

2. Upgrad had shared a screenshot of a WES evaluation in this post. Having personally received a WES report for my engineering degree, I am certain that this is legit based on the format and font.

Now that I'm sure, here's a plug. :) If you'd like to get a discount to sign up with the PG Diploma (Data Science or ML) feel free to reach out to me.

Gauravbgh

Mar 27, 2020
Thanks for the information. Could you share the guy's profile who actually got evaluated his PGD?

Thanks again & stay safe.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Thanks for the information. Could you share the guy's profile who actually got evaluated his PGD?

Thanks again & stay safe.
I don't have the name or profile of that individual. I am trusting the person who took a day to go ask his friend and come back to confirm to me (see the screenshot I shared).

Gauravbgh

Mar 27, 2020
hello guys,

Those who are looking for the credential report. Here is the detail. I have personally talked with the guy and verified the mentioned information. The PGDDS is considered as 1 year diploma by WES.

mashkk13

Jan 3, 2020
I am sorry guys, I got busy with work.

Latest update: I had sent all the required documents to WES about 2 months ago. I think they reached Toronto almost 1 and half months ago. Since WES offices are closed my account was showing "hold" status till day before yesterday.

Current status is "Pending" and I think my document has reached them couple of days back. If things work out as expected, soon I should hear back from WES. I will keep this forum posted as soon as I get any update.

Reactions: kashifsami

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
I am sorry guys, I got busy with work.

Latest update: I had sent all the required documents to WES about 2 months ago. I think they reached Toronto almost 1 and half months ago. Since WES offices are closed my account was showing "hold" status till day before yesterday.

Current status is "Pending" and I think my document has reached them couple of days back. If things work out as expected, soon I should hear back from WES. I will keep this forum posted as soon as I get any update.
Thanks @mashkk13, appreciate the update.

asistla

Oct 19, 2019
Hi All,

Did anyone send their LJMU masters to WES for ECA? I am done with my Master with LJMU in DS recently and would like to know the outcome, documents and procedure to submit.. etc..

Thanks

Neelotpal03

Apr 25, 2020
Does Upgrad PGDIPLOMA from IIITB actually help in getting the score up AND. Will IIITB/Upgrad provide a transcript required by WES

asistla

Oct 19, 2019
Does Upgrad PGDIPLOMA from IIITB actually help in getting the score up AND. Will IIITB/Upgrad provide a transcript required by WES

Yes.. I just spoke to a person of 2018 my batch and he got a positive eca for pgdiploma ds.. I will have more details from him in some time like process etc and get back to you guys..

Unaware of anyone processing their LJMU msc degree.. need more details reg this.. as I want to proceed

shksameer96

May 2, 2020
hey guys,
it's amazing to have all the members keep this thread alive. I am planning to pursue the PG Diploma in Data Science from IIIT-B. Would want to know what certifications are provided by IIIT-B post completion. I am aware of a pg diploma certificate that is provided. Also, do we get a transcript mentioning the credits allotted to each modules which can be sent to wes for accreditation. Or do we get a grade sheet along which mentions the cgpa. Would be really helpful if any one of the community members can share the same on the forum or whatsapp at 7892950882. Will also be seeking for referral.