+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Post Graduate Diploma course from IIIT banglore & Upgrad considered for Canada PR.

asistla

Oct 19, 2019
Yes. transcript are allotted with a total of 36 credits. i am from jun-2019 pass out batch. Not sure if things are changed now. You may also ask the same with the upgrad team over a call, they will confirm if there is any change in no. of credits etc.

shksameer96

May 2, 2020
Yes. transcript are allotted with a total of 36 credits. i am from jun-2019 pass out batch. Not sure if things are changed now. You may also ask the same with the upgrad team over a call, they will confirm if there is any change in no. of credits etc.
Thanks for the reply @asistla !!

Regards,

uditrawat23

May 2, 2020
I am sorry guys, I got busy with work.

Latest update: I had sent all the required documents to WES about 2 months ago. I think they reached Toronto almost 1 and half months ago. Since WES offices are closed my account was showing "hold" status till day before yesterday.

Current status is "Pending" and I think my document has reached them couple of days back. If things work out as expected, soon I should hear back from WES. I will keep this forum posted as soon as I get any update.
Hello,

Could you please let us know the further update on your WES status.

Last edited:

vicky.gupta

May 13, 2020
Hi., I have confirmed that WES will recognize PG Diploma from IIIT Bangalore (via Upgrad) as a 1-year PG Diploma. Here's the evidence so far:

1. I asked someone who's moved to Canada after this program. While he had not applied to WES, a friend of his did. Here is the conversation.

2. Upgrad had shared a screenshot of a WES evaluation in this post. Having personally received a WES report for my engineering degree, I am certain that this is legit based on the format and font.

Now that I'm sure, here's a plug. :) If you'd like to get a discount to sign up with the PG Diploma (Data Science or ML) feel free to reach out to me.
@kashifsami

Hello Guys,

I am planning to pursue PG diploma in full stack development(11 months) from IIIT B / UpGrad and wanted to know if it will add extra points to my profile. I am worried of its duration which is 11 months. is it going to have Canadian equivalent diploma degree 1 year value?
PS: it is not pg diploma (ML / AI) 12 months program.

Konregon

May 17, 2020
Hello guys, I'm planning to study PGD in DataScience from this Jun. I hope it will be accepted by WES.
PS: should I do ML/AI program or go with DS? Please help me to consider, who has joined these respected programs.
Thank you to all the above users for keeping this thread alive and help me to clear many doughts.
PS@: can anyone recommend a few threads for getting through information about the CRS score in eduction?
Thank you.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hello guys, I'm planning to study PGD in DataScience from this Jun. I hope it will be accepted by WES.
PS: should I do ML/AI program or go with DS? Please help me to consider, who has joined these respected programs.
Thank you to all the above users for keeping this thread alive and help me to clear many doughts.
PS@: can anyone recommend a few threads for getting through information about the CRS score in eduction?
Thank you.
@Konregon - let's have a chat, I can help with the decision. Feel free to connect over LinkedIn (look for Kashif Sami)

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
@kashifsami

Hello Guys,

I am planning to pursue PG diploma in full stack development(11 months) from IIIT B / UpGrad and wanted to know if it will add extra points to my profile. I am worried of its duration which is 11 months. is it going to have Canadian equivalent diploma degree 1 year value?
PS: it is not pg diploma (ML / AI) 12 months program.
Hi @vicky.gupta . Can't say really unless someone submits it to WES but consider the following:
- The PGD for Data Science used to be 11 months as well until I think 1.5 years ago and all the WES approvals you've read about in this thread were for the 11-month program!
- What matters more to WES are your credits. The PGD in ML/Data Science used to be 32 credits (and WES approved it as 1-year program) and is now 36 credits. Generally, PGDs in India are 32 credits such as that from IGNOU university (which always gets WES's nod).

So the real question is - how many credits is your program? You'll need to ask @upGrad .

Vijay Yeruva

Jan 17, 2019
Guys, I have done my PGDM in this April, now I m thinking to continue it to masters, ay idea whether LJMU will fetch masters score for CRS?

If anyone need referral reach out to me, referral code ( o6NxEQ )

uditrawat23

May 2, 2020
Hi @vicky.gupta . Can't say really unless someone submits it to WES but consider the following:
- The PGD for Data Science used to be 11 months as well until I think 1.5 years ago and all the WES approvals you've read about in this thread were for the 11-month program!
- What matters more to WES are your credits. The PGD in ML/Data Science used to be 32 credits (and WES approved it as 1-year program) and is now 36 credits. Generally, PGDs in India are 32 credits such as that from IGNOU university (which always gets WES's nod).

So the real question is - how many credits is your program? You'll need to ask @upGrad .
Hi @kashifsami
i have collected this information earlier, for PGD program 70 credits would be awarded.

However I have not found anyone yet who has submitted PGD degree to WES and WES approved the PGD program. Thou Upgrad claims to provide the Transcript but it's on WES that they consider the online degree or not.

As I checked with many Canada Immigration Consultancies in Bangalore who said the WES doen't consider all the distance and online degrees. Hence it would probably go in vein. Please let me know if somebody has already recieved the IIITB PGP program acceptance from WES.

Please feel free to connect and discuss further on this over Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/udittrawat/

pavankarthik

Apr 1, 2020
Hi @kashifsami
i have collected this information earlier, for PGD program 70 credits would be awarded.

However I have not found anyone yet who has submitted PGD degree to WES and WES approved the PGD program. Thou Upgrad claims to provide the Transcript but it's on WES that they consider the online degree or not.

As I checked with many Canada Immigration Consultancies in Bangalore who said the WES doen't consider all the distance and online degrees. Hence it would probably go in vein. Please let me know if somebody has already recieved the IIITB PGP program acceptance from WES.

Please feel free to connect and discuss further on this over Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/udittrawat/
I am not sure about your sources you enquired about credits. It isn’t 70 credits and most of the previous batch members already updated that it is 36 credits Data Science PGD from IIITB. There were some reports that Wes approved it, but no proof yet on this forum about that. We are waiting for some of the people on this forum for their update, who submitted it to WES and currently in progress.