+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Post Graduate Diploma course from IIIT banglore & Upgrad considered for Canada PR.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Don't know yet, they have accepted the transcript and now they are requesting me to send the diploma certificate. I will update the forum on the final decision.
In case you were not aware, you can fax the certificate instead of sending a courier.

mashkk13

Jan 3, 2020
In case you were not aware, you can fax the certificate instead of sending a courier.
Yes, I have faxed them. They want me to send my bachelor transcript again as last time I sent it directly from my side.

I have spoke to WES, they said accepted means the transcript is in required format and as per standards but doesn't mean it is evaluated. It will take up to 3 weeks fro the generation of report from the day my bachelor transcript is delivered to them. We are looking at a waiting period of 1 more month to get the final result. I am also waiting for the results as I have to apply for fresh IELTS again.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Yes, I have faxed them. They want me to send my bachelor transcript again as last time I sent it directly from my side.

I have spoke to WES, they said accepted means the transcript is in required format and as per standards but doesn't mean it is evaluated. It will take up to 3 weeks fro the generation of report from the day my bachelor transcript is delivered to them. We are looking at a waiting period of 1 more month to get the final result. I am also waiting for the results as I have to apply for fresh IELTS again.
Great. I think the rest of us are as excited to see your results as you are ;)

Reactions: buddhadevbs15

buddhadevbs15

Mar 1, 2020
Same confusion guys, I am in a fix whether I should go for the IIITB+LJMU masters with upgrad or not. I want to understand once you get the degree and you sent it for WES assessment , they will ask for transcript, now who will send the transcript, will it be IIITB or LJMU(If I just send the LJMU DEGREE ). I dont think LJMU will send any transcript as they have not taken any examination in the course . What is your say in this guys?

Reactions: uditrawat23

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
@buddhadevbs15 : I'd confirmed earlier from Upgrad that LJMU will certainly send a transcript indicating a block of course-credits transferred from the PGD + credits for the research coursework and the thesis. Given that WES will likely want to know more about the PGD credits, it's best to have IIIT-B also send the transcript for the PGD.

The real question is - will WES accept the PGD as a PGD and the Masters as a Masters. We'll have to wait and watch for @mashkk13 's result from WES for the PGD bit.

buddhadevbs15

Mar 1, 2020
@buddhadevbs15 : I'd confirmed earlier from Upgrad that LJMU will certainly send a transcript indicating a block of course-credits transferred from the PGD + credits for the research coursework and the thesis. Given that WES will likely want to know more about the PGD credits, it's best to have IIIT-B also send the transcript for the PGD.

The real question is - will WES accept the PGD as a PGD and the Masters as a Masters. We'll have to wait and watch for @mashkk13 's result from WES for the PGD bit.
Ya waiting eagerly for that, want to know if anybody has sent LJMU degree got from upgrad for evaluation as well?

Reactions: uditrawat23

Gauravbgh

Mar 27, 2020
Hello everyone,
I asked the IIIT-B registrar through mail yesterday and he assured me to provide the transcript/degree in a sealed envelope for any future requirements. I'm planning to take admission in this course now.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
@Gauravbgh : The challenge is not the transcripts. We're certain that IIITB will share transcripts but we don't know whether the 1-year PGD will be considered by Canada as a 1-year PGD, that's the real concern here. We're waiting (and bothering) @mashkk13 for his update from WES on canadian equivalence but there no evidence so far of any named student who's got a Canadian equivalence.