+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Post Graduate Diploma course from IIIT banglore & Upgrad considered for Canada PR.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Guys, I've confirmed. There were was a change in recognition of the Diploma program 6 months back, it's now approved by UGC/whichever authority approves it. This means IIIT-B can now give transcripts/marks card for the program. This puts the program in a good spot for recognition from WES.

BTW - the other option, which is definitely likely to be recognized by WES is to sign up for their Master's program which goes on for about 1 year and 7 months. It's research-oriented so you probably want to sign up only if you're serious about the program.

mashkk13

Jan 3, 2020
Anybody got any update on this concern? I have asked this question to WES, I will update their reply here

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Anybody got any update on this concern? I have asked this question to WES, I will update their reply here
I doubt WES will tell you about this without submitting your own transcripts as a customer. It takes them 2 months just to evaluate your transcript after submitting them. In any case, hope I'm wrong and you receive some confirmation.

mashkk13

Jan 3, 2020
I doubt WES will tell you about this without submitting your own transcripts as a customer. It takes them 2 months just to evaluate your transcript after submitting them. In any case, hope I'm wrong and you receive some confirmation.
You are right, they are asking me to send the transcripts and update my profile for validation of same.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Just completed, waiting for the certificate and transcript.
Great. We'd all really appreciate if you can let us know what evaluation WES provides to you.

BTW - I've completed my WES evaluation for the Bachelor's degree so let me know if you need help with that process.

mashkk13

Jan 3, 2020
Great. We'd all really appreciate if you can let us know what evaluation WES provides to you.

BTW - I've completed my WES evaluation for the Bachelor's degree so let me know if you need help with that process.
Sure, my research on this topic has fetched me below requirements from WES for credential evaluation.
1. Transcript should be from university/institute approved by UGC or AICTE.
2. The course should be approved from UGC or AICTE.

I have asked both of these from IIITB.

atoms

May 22, 2019
I joined the course believing will that I'll get the transcript. My student mentor confirmed me via text they will provide. My course is ending in June 2020. Is there any min GPA needed for the process?.
Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive

Last edited:

mashkk13

Jan 3, 2020
I joined the course believing will that I'll get the transcript. My student mentor confirmed me via text they will provide. My course is ending in June 2020. Is there any min GPA needed for the process?.
Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive
Diploma is awarded only when you pass the course by Upgrad and I don't think WES is bothered about cutoff as long as the institutes are giving diploma to you.

mashkk13

Jan 3, 2020
Transcript copy will cost 500 INR and the shipping charges for WES are separate. I have asked IIITB to also provide the approval copy from education body(UGC/ AICTE) for this course.

mashkk13

Jan 3, 2020
Hello everyone, our learners have applied and have received WES equivalency.
There are multiple learners who have used this to apply for PR status and move into a different country. So you should apply and get it assessed. Our learners receive an official transcript that can be used to apply.

Link to the program details are here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1alE10Tw0hmwaacvQRmv9opEC2bYBccdG/view?usp=sharing
This looks good and all but I think folks should wait until someone on internet really get it through WES without any hiccups.

I am currently pushing the upgrad team to get this done but as usual no response as I have paid money and I have just completed the course.

Reactions: Tanu0619

upGrad

Jan 8, 2020
This looks good and all but I think folks should wait until someone on internet really get it through WES without any hiccups.

I am currently pushing the upgrad team to get this done but as usual no response as I have paid money and I have just completed the course.

Hi, please share the registered email address and batch, we'll reach out to you and address the query/resolve the issue at the earliest. You can also directly write on info@upgrad.com