+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Post Graduate Diploma course from IIIT banglore & Upgrad considered for Canada PR.

himadri_jena

Jan 13, 2020
@kashifsami :What I got to know during my initial days of conversation with Upgrad, is the credits have increased from 32 to 36. Though I don't have 100% believe on the communication I got from Upgrad. Again we can have a confirmation on the same, once we get the confirmation from @mashkk13

Reactions: oldmonk009

sophia23

Jan 14, 2020
@kashifsami :What I got to know during my initial days of conversation with Upgrad, is the credits have increased from 32 to 36. Though I don't have 100% believe on the communication I got from Upgrad. Again we can have a confirmation on the same, once we get the confirmation from @mashkk13
Hi, I am planning my immigration to Canada as well. I have a Masters in computer Science, but WES evaluates it to Double Diploma certificates. Do you suggest me to take up this Course to help increase CRS score?

mashkk13

Jan 3, 2020
If you are referring to CRS score, you can calculate the score on "https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp".

It is imperative that you get CLB-9 in language test to even get hope of being in the selection range. Bitter but that is the truth.

mashkk13

Jan 3, 2020
Hi, I am planning my immigration to Canada as well. I have a Masters in computer Science, but WES evaluates it to Double Diploma certificates. Do you suggest me to take up this Course to help increase CRS score?
It doesn't matter if you take any course, the score will remain the same for your education. check your CRS score and the only option you have is to improve IELTS score.

WES should have considered your credentials for Masters. Did you do it as a distance program?

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020
Hi,

Did anyone get their credentials, iiit-b upgrad (PGD-ML,AI) evaluated from WES? Are they considering these?

I got to know that they(iiit B) shall send certificate and transcript. Not sure about certificate that says this course is approved by such bodies as UGC or AICTE...(not sure if this is required).

oldmonk009

Jan 17, 2020
Hello to all in this thread. While applying to the express entry program, if the IIIT degree gets wes certified, can we include it along with our work experience during the same time? I mean would there be any conflict if i show my work ex from 2018 till present and diploma degree which i got in march 2019? I'm not really sure how that would work.

anindyasudhir

Jan 17, 2020
Hi,
I am in the same boat as you guys. I am planning to pursue the dual credentials course by upgrad which will give me a Masters degree in Machine learning & AI from LJMU and a PGD from IIIT Bangalore. The question is will they get verified by WES. Does WES need some kind of police verification too for degree verification? Because then it would be impossible for me to go to UK to get a police verification.
Has anybody verified his/her foreign degree from Wes?

anindyasudhir

Jan 17, 2020
Hello to all in this thread. While applying to the express entry program, if the IIIT degree gets wes certified, can we include it along with our work experience during the same time? I mean would there be any conflict if i show my work ex from 2018 till present and diploma degree which i got in march 2019? I'm not really sure how that would work.
I don't think that would be an issue. A lot of people study while working.

Reactions: oldmonk009

oldmonk009

Jan 17, 2020
I don't think that would be an issue. A lot of people study while working.
Yeah that's what I thought. However somebody told me that you can you only show work ex. you got after you completed your studies. I'm a bit confused about this. I'm sure people have been in the same situation. I just don't know where to go for help regarding this.

anindyasudhir

Jan 17, 2020
Yeah that's what I thought. However somebody told me that you can you only show work ex. you got after you completed your studies. I'm a bit confused about this. I'm sure people have been in the same situation. I just don't know where to go for help regarding this.
Canadian companies don't give much weight to foreign job experience anyway. As long as the company you work for gives you the relevant experience letter, you won't face any difficulty in the CRS assessment.
If you get any information contrary to it please share it with us.

oldmonk009

Jan 17, 2020
Ok so from what I gather the degree from IIIT would probably be evaluated as a diploma from WES which could be used for additional points in education. And I could use this along with my work experience which was gained during the same time to have some chance of clearing the cutoff. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

anindyasudhir

Jan 17, 2020
Ok so from what I gather the degree from IIIT would probably be evaluated as a diploma from WES which could be used for additional points in education. And I could use this along with my work experience which was gained during the same time to have some chance of clearing the cutoff. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
IIIT is not giving you a degree. It will give you a PG diploma.

anindyasudhir

Jan 17, 2020
Did you verify this with anyone else? My friend said they do not consider work experience accumulated during study as according to them you can either be a worker or a student. I will be verifying this with a consultant tomorrow and advise you to do the same.
I am planning to pursue the Msc in Machine Learning & AI from Upgrad. Will they at least consider my software development work experience prior to my Masters?
Forum experts, please post your opinions.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
I have submitted the WES application and they are now waiting for the transcript to reach them. I think another couple of weeks and we will know the truth about it.
@mashkk13 Hi There. Any updates from WES? I'm guessing you now have a date by which they'd have committed to providing a report.

Last edited:

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
It's true, PG Diploma is 36 credits. I have their program doc given to students.