+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents required for spouse open work permit(SWOP) application

mathu1610

Feb 7, 2019
Hi all ,
My husband's employer is currently applying for his work permit visa along with my dependent visa. Can i apply for the open work permit along with this application or only after he gets his visa ?

samir5767

Jan 23, 2019
hey am new here... i have one question hope you can solve it...
am indian and ill be going canada on study permit... i would like to call my wife canada on sowp... but my wife is south african citizen so we are not able to hold joint account in bank so is there any way where i can prove that we are supporting eachother financially????? and how hard or easy its to process on our own??? do we really require agent to do all stuff in our behalf???

gaurav3688

Jun 3, 2017
I am trying to apply SOWP, Where should I upload merged PDF files of supporting documents (financial, marriage pics, etc) for SOWP?

bhargavat

Oct 25, 2018
I am trying to apply SOWP, Where should I upload merged PDF files of supporting documents (financial, marriage pics, etc) for SOWP?
You will find a option called client information there you need upload your merged pdf which includes all yours and spouse documents.

gaurav3688

Jun 3, 2017
I am having difficulty to reduce PDF size .... I have merged 40 Pdf files into one and trying to reduce the file size..... reduced file is so blurry.... even I couldn't see properly using Adobe reader.... please give me solution.....thanks

mp16

Mar 11, 2019
hi,
I'm new in the thread. my wife is going for MGM program in canada for may2019 intake. I want to apply SOWP. After she lands. when to apply and is it true we have wait to 1or 2 sem to clear.?
please reply

Dimamro

Nov 27, 2018
Hi,

You said you are already eligibal to apply for SOWP. Therefore, at the end end of eligibility test on CIC website it will automatically generated the application forms what you needed to apply for SWOP. Apart from that you need to show supporting documents i.e;

Your spouse work permit,
College acceptance letter
Spouse's passport bio data page
Spouse's passport visa stamped pages
Your passport copy
Marriage certificate
Your birth certificate
Your educational certificate
Your and spouse bank statements( joint or other)
Proof of deed/ valuation report
Wedding photos
You and spouse communication history(Skype/email)
Your employment verification letter if you working
Your travel history

We showed around 7000CAD of my spouse's account plus proud of gift deed and valuation report.

I'm a new member of this forum.so please also get advices from seniors.
Hi, my husband is submitting my PR and we are planning to submit my work permit application along with the PR. In the checklist they equire almost the same documents that are already included in the sponsorship application. what do i include from the checklist.
I dont have any job offer, since I haven't applied yet.
Plz help ASAP.
thanks,

Shnu

Nov 12, 2018
Hi, I am trying to apply for the spouse open work permit as a spouse of an international post graduate student. I have done my eligibility check and applying online.

But the required documents field is pretty confusing.It is only asking for three documents in addition to application form: a photo, copy of passport and medical check.

Now I am not sure what else should I add in the optional field(letter of explanation). Dont we need any marriage certificate or financial documents or at least my spouse's study permit?

Please help!!
Hi Mike
Could please share list of documents submitted?

N001

Dec 15, 2018
Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum. I have few questions regarding Spousal Open Work Permit.

1. I hold a closed WP for Canada, I am planning to apply SOWP (My wife is in India currently) online. Is it mandatory to provide my payslip, because I do not have any payslips generated yet in Canada.
2. My Wife works in India, Does it mean before applying she will have to resign?
3. I want to process my daughter's Visitor visa Application too along with my wife? does it need 2 separate applications or they can be linked?
4. Finally, any medical test or Biometric required?

Please Help!!! Urgent!!! Thanks in advance.
Hello ,

I'm sure by now you have got the visa and settled down with your family.
Do you mind sharing some details and tips.
I look forward to connect with you to seek assistance. Thanks in advance!

N001

Dec 15, 2018
Hi everyone

I am in the process of applying open spousal work permit Canada.
My wife is studying.
I have uploaded all the required documents asked , but failed to identify where i have to upload my spouse documents .?
Hello,

Can you please list of the documents u uploaded and where can we verify the eligibility for applying for the SOWP?