+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents required for spouse open work permit(SWOP) application

Bright__22

Oct 19, 2019
If your spouse is studying in Canada then Spouse open work permit is the best option according to the eligibility of your documents.
Your spouse work permit,
College acceptance letter
Spouse's passport bio data page
Spouse's passport visa stamped pages
Your passport copy
Marriage certificate
Your birth certificate
Your educational certificate
Your and spouse bank statements( joint or other)
Proof of deed/ valuation report
Wedding photos
You and spouse communication history(Skype/email)
Your employment verification letter if you working
Your travel history
these are the sufficient documents to file a visa for visa
For more information Bright way Visa will help you
https://brightwayvisa.com/

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
email me bgurram6@gmail.com, I'm going through the similar situation and I think we can sought it out together.
Greetings
I have deposited 5 lakh Indian rupees in my account ,it's come around 1000 canadian dollar and also my wife have 10000 dollar in her account , but it's okay if u can show around 6k-7k$ s well.

bgurram

Mar 2, 2019
Greetings
I have deposited 5 lakh Indian rupees in my account ,it's come around 1000 canadian dollar and also my wife have 10000 dollar in her account , but it's okay if u can show around 6k-7k$ s well.
Yeah..Thats more than enough as far as financial funding is concerned.

Arvind10

Feb 12, 2019
A quick help please, my wife is travelling to Canada in January 2020 on her student visa. My marriage relationship proofs are sorted, but i do not have strong bank balance. Can i use my parents bank balance? Please advice how can i do this?

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
A quick help please, my wife is travelling to Canada in January 2020 on her student visa. My marriage relationship proofs are sorted, but i do not have strong bank balance. Can i use my parents bank balance? Please advice how can i do this?
They can sponsor you ,u just need to get an sponsor letter attested by notary .if u want I can send you the sample on ur email.

Bright__22

Oct 19, 2019
They can transfer the show money at your account but it should be 6 months old . Otherwise , there would be funding issues in final letter .

Swati singh

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Your wife need good amount in her CIC account and you can show around some

Swati singh

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Hello guys..
Can anyone tell me what is the processing time of SOWP ? My wife has work permit in Canada & i am living in INDIA. Anyone can share list of documents required in application.
Share your email i.d will share you details

Swati singh

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
hey am new here... i have one question hope you can solve it...
am indian and ill be going canada on study permit... i would like to call my wife canada on sowp... but my wife is south african citizen so we are not able to hold joint account in bank so is there any way where i can prove that we are supporting eachother financially????? and how hard or easy its to process on our own??? do we really require agent to do all stuff in our behalf???

All you need is marriage proof and thing that can show athunicity of your marriage.

rahiblogger

Sep 22, 2017
hello guys,
I need help with a Spousal open work permit.
as I am on PGWP.
I have job which considers under the NOC B category but my wage is a minimum $14.
And in proof of fund, I showed around $13,200 and my wife doesn't have a bank account with high balance so I showed $13200.
Is it ok?

Give me suggestions,

Akashyap

Nov 27, 2019
Hi, I am trying to apply for the spouse open work permit as a spouse of an international post graduate student. I have done my eligibility check and applying online.

But the required documents field is pretty confusing.It is only asking for three documents in addition to application form: a photo, copy of passport and medical check.

Now I am not sure what else should I add in the optional field(letter of explanation). Dont we need any marriage certificate or financial documents or at least my spouse's study permit?

Please help!!
Hi Mikar,

I am sailing in the same boat as you were. So, can you please help me? I want to apply for my wife's spousal open work permit. Please suggest the documents I should add to the application. I am on LMIA approved closed work permit here in Canada.

Thanks

Jinnys123

Nov 21, 2019
Please HELP, URGENT, How much does an in canada applicant have to show in the bank account for SOWP. Both for spouse and study permit holder??

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Please HELP, URGENT, How much does an in canada applicant have to show in the bank account for SOWP. Both for spouse and study permit holder??
Greetings
I think you really don't need to show any extra money in your spouse account in Canada she/he already having GIC money in their account ,but you definitely need to show some amount of 10000$ in your account but some people says if you manage to show around 6-7k Canadian dollars will also be enough