+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents required for spouse open work permit(SWOP) application

Jinnys123

Nov 21, 2019
Greetings
I think you really don't need to show any extra money in your spouse account in Canada she/he already having GIC money in their account ,but you definitely need to show some amount of 10000$ in your account but some people says if you manage to show around 6-7k Canadian dollars will also be enough
Thank you for your reply, you should also know I am in Canada already as well as my spouse. So we still have to show that amount right??

Jinnys123

Nov 21, 2019
Then for what purpose u need to show money are you applying for PGWP
Applying for sowp from inside canada, as my common law partner is a student here, my pgwp got refused due to i didnt submit original transcript now I am beyond the 90 days from study permit expiry, but I am still within 90 days to restore my status.

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Applying for sowp from inside canada, as my common law partner is a student here, my pgwp got refused due to i didnt submit original transcript now I am beyond the 90 days from study permit expiry, but I am still within 90 days to restore my status.
I think I need to hire a lawyer now as you said you only got 90 days to apply for SOWP ,n m not sure

Jinnys123

Nov 21, 2019
Sorry I meant you need to hire a lawyer
Lawyer is too expensive, I did alot of research on sowp and I qualify as my common law partner is a fulltime student here in canada, I just wanted to find out if I also have to show proof of funds and how much I have to show as I am already in canada.

Reactions: Mansum418

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Lawyer is too expensive, I did alot of research on sowp and I qualify as my common law partner is a fulltime student here in canada, I just wanted to find out if I also have to show proof of funds and how much I have to show as I am already in canada.
Tell me.one thing clearly please on what visa you are now within canada ,and for what visa your applying.

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
I am on a study permit applying for a sowp, as my spouse is also on a study permit and is fulltime
I am not getting anything to be honest ,as you are also on study permit and your spouse is also on study permit then why are you looking for SOWP you are eligible for PGWP not for SOWP

Jinnys123

Nov 21, 2019
I am not getting anything to be honest ,as you are also on study permit and your spouse is also on study permit then why are you looking for SOWP you are eligible for PGWP not for SOWP
My pgwp was refused because I did not submit my original transcript plus I was not fulltime in a semester, that's why I am looking into SOWP.