+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document is Invalid

Hosty_khurana

Oct 13, 2020
I have my student visa before 18th March but they denied my entry yesterday at IGI Airport, Delhi.
They said as per the Canadian Embassy, 'You can not board' and I was returned back.

I opened by portal and checked the status - it says the following:

Document: COUNTERFOIL

However, on the main window it says: Visa is Approved

Please help! What is this? What to do now? What's going on? What's the solution?
Hi siman,
The same thing happened to me last night that is the night of October 13th. Your case is just same as mine. My counterfoil status is change to invalid on 8th October 2020. Did you get hold of something that could help us both in this case??

Thanks
Hosty

Simran Singh Sachdeva

Aug 3, 2020
Hi siman,
The same thing happened to me last night that is the night of October 13th. Your case is just same as mine. My counterfoil status is change to invalid on 8th October 2020. Did you get hold of something that could help us both in this case??

Thanks
Hosty
Hi! Could we please connect on call?
My No. is 9999107616

Rocky261096

Jul 7, 2020
Hi siman,

Thanks
Hosty

After how many days did your status changed to invalid ?

Rocky261096

Jul 7, 2020
Hi siman,

Thanks
Hosty
After how many days did your status changed to invalid ?

Hosty_khurana

Oct 13, 2020
I had travelled on that counterfoil and I returned back to Delhi on March 22nd. I can't tell you after how much time my counterfoil turned to invalid cause I never got an email about this update. but the update on my application shows the date October 8th.

Rocky261096

Jul 7, 2020
I had travelled on that counterfoil and I returned back to Delhi on March 22nd. I can't tell you after how much time my counterfoil turned to invalid cause I never got an email about this update. but the update on my application shows the date October 8th.
Which visa do you hold because on one thread i read that if your passport is going to expire within a year then this problem will occur. I dont know how much this is true.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Worst case scenario, or when it happens is when IRCC gets some info and decides to cancel permit/counterfoil.
Have seen that happen.

Again, your best bet is to call IRCC or raise a webform query.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Reactions: Dchosen1

Hosty_khurana

Oct 13, 2020
Which visa do you hold because on one thread I read that if your passport is going to expire within a year then this problem will occur? I don't know how much this is true.
I actually have both visitors as well as study visas but due to some unknown reasons, my counterfoil is Inactive/Invalid. I talked to IRCC people they told me that this is due to the 2nd Oct plan for international students. My passport is valid till Dec, 2026

Areebabdullah

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
I actually have both visitors as well as study visas but due to some unknown reasons, my counterfoil is Inactive/Invalid. I talked to IRCC people they told me that this is due to the 2nd Oct plan for international students. My passport is valid till Dec, 2026
I do hold both valid tourist and study visa and my passport is valid more than 5 years, my document on the gckey is showing its invalid and my DLI is on the approved list as well. Any clue?