Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunsun said:
Some of us are still waiting for their PR process since 8 years ago and desperate (Pre Feb 2008) because CIC has removed 280.000 applicants plus their families . Some of us are just disappointed even they are already in Canada because they have Master / Phd degree but
still working in the field which is not their dream jobs....That's Life.... :'(
True it is all about management of resources! Which is poorly handled by our Canadian government

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr Eng X said:
There are exceptions but not many and it is among certain jobs! Would you highlight PGD? More about your career!
PGD on E-commerce and Project Management but previously completed Bachelor's degree major in MGT. 1st job was Project Coordinator and 2nd one is Cost Controller. I am really grateful to God.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpion_ca said:
PGD on E-commerce and Project Management but previously completed Bachelor's degree major in MGT. 1st job was Project Coordinator and 2nd one is Cost Controller. I am really grateful to God.
So PGD is not pre-implantation genetic diagnosis! and MGT!
Definitely, God's hand because I have really seen people who would do anything to have a descent life.

ADUFE

Jun 28, 2009
Let me also quote servicecanada on why you need a network :

"Why Do I Need a Network?

Have you ever heard the expression:
"It's not what you know, but who you know?"

Your skills, abilities and knowledge are keys to landing a job, but they may not help get your foot in the door. Most jobs are in the hidden job market, positions that employers hope to fill through personal contacts."

Here's the link for anyone who wants to read more on the subject : http://www.jobsetc.gc.ca/pieces.jsp?category_id=370

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ADUFE said:

Your skills, abilities and knowledge are keys to landing a job, but they may not help get your foot in the door. Most jobs are in the hidden job market, positions that employers hope to fill through personal contacts."

Here's the link for anyone who wants to read more on the subject : http://www.jobsetc.gc.ca/pieces.jsp?category_id=370
Well said / quoted !

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
ADUFE said:

hi agreed with u 80 % jobs those publish on site are just covering site and actual 20% jobs are alaways hidden in canada and only way to get those jobs are network not skill

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ADUFE said:

Finally someone says something we all agree on even those attacking OP. Is that the practice of an immigrant country?

livin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
@ Marcus, one can really read the sadness in your words. Don't give up buddy. The good news is you have this contract teaching job which is your preferred occupation. It could just be what opens many doors for you. So keep your head up and do the best job you can. Take sometime to build networks and contacts. With some Canadian experience on your resume, you will definitely have more interviews.
I agree with you SenoritaBella.

Marcus, you need to keep your head up and don't give up, I can feel your pain, especially when you see that you are getting older and nothing is going your way. You need to first gain the "Canadian Experience" before you get the type of of career you are looking for. Trust me, it's not that easy, even for people that were born and educated here. Everything takes time...Please don't give up!

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
I seriously get annoyed at such posts :" Don't come to XYZ country". Sure, immigration is hard and integration with locals is harder. But, who asked you to apply to immigrate if you are not ready for the hard work?

Most immigrats think that once they are accepted as a Permanent resident the country is their playground and they can expect everything to come to them. WRONG.

I am an immigrant in the US and life is hard, very hard actually. Will I tell new immigrants that you should never come to US or XYZ country? No, i always say immigration is a life changing and challenging experience that everyone needs to experience so that one has a reality check on his past situation(job, country etc). I am still struggling here in US, even today. Do I give up? No. Would i like an easier solution ? Hell,Yes.

The US job market, from what I know , works similar to the Canadian job market - networking is a faster way to get a job though not necesarily the only way. See other alternatives: volunteer at a non-profit this is a great way to meet people and make connections, join a club such as a running club or language club or whatever.

The US visa and immigration rules are harder than Canada. Many non-immigrant visas to US do not allow even the spouse to work - can you imagine how hard this can be? Most of us immigrants have to get an advanced degree here in US to integrate easily with the US economy. Who said that this rule does not apply to Canada? Has anyone tried that option? I'm sure that if you have a degree or even a certificate from a Canadian university, you will have access to more job openings. We need to invest a little in our country of choice before we begin expecting the world from the country. Most immigrants think that they will land in Canada and get their dream job in 2 months time. I know a lot of immigrants that have come to US, in a similar fashion(US Green Card). What jobs are they doing now? Many are waiter/waitresses in restaurants, cashiers at stores, part of other hourly wages jobs. In my experience, many of these immigrants do not want to integrate with the local society and are always part of their own culture groups/meets. Many do not even have a decent command of English. I don't say English is the language of the world but US is primarily an English speaking country, how can you not learn it enough? Same goes for Canada. Canada has English and French.

For doctors and teachers that immigrate to US, they need to go through a whole new license system which includes continuing education. After this, they may be able to apply for a permit to practice as a doctor/lawyer or teach etc. Life is not easy. Most get it done though.

How long does this whole process of integration take? 3 months? No. 3 years, yes if you are lucky. If not it might take another 1-2 years to integrate totally withthe society and expect your dream jobs.

I'm just wondering, how is Canada different from US in this regard? US also promises a bright future and is supposedly the land of oppurtunities. However, NO ONE here has oppurtunity served to them on a platter. We got to fight it out.
I'm sure it is the same in Canada. Canada is also a land of oppurtunities. If you think CAnada is "an easy" country and then don't apply for a PR at all.

My post might come off as rude but this is a reality. Immigration and intgration into a new country could even take upto 10 years. Let's get that straight.

Reactions: einsteino

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shootingstar said:
I seriously get annoyed at such posts :" Don't come to XYZ country". Sure, immigration is hard and integration with locals is harder. But, who asked you to apply to immigrate if you are not ready for the hard work?

Most immigrats think that once they are accepted as a Permanent resident the country is their playground and they can expect everything to come to them. WRONG.

I am an immigrant in the US and life is hard, very hard actually. Will I tell new immigrants that you should never come to US or XYZ country? No, i always say immigration is a life changing and challenging experience that everyone needs to experience so that one has a reality check on his past situation(job, country etc). I am still struggling here in US, even today. Do I give up? No. Would i like an easier solution ? Hell,Yes.

The US job market, from what I know , works similar to the Canadian job market - networking is a faster way to get a job though not necesarily the only way. See other alternatives: volunteer at a non-profit this is a great way to meet people and make connections, join a club such as a running club or language club or whatever.

The US visa and immigration rules are harder than Canada. Many non-immigrant visas to US do not allow even the spouse to work - can you imagine how hard this can be? Most of us immigrants have to get an advanced degree here in US to integrate easily with the US economy. Who said that this rule does not apply to Canada? Has anyone tried that option? I'm sure that if you have a degree or even a certificate from a Canadian university, you will have access to more job openings. We need to invest a little in our country of choice before we begin expecting the world from the country. Most immigrants think that they will land in Canada and get their dream job in 2 months time. I know a lot of immigrants that have come to US, in a similar fashion(US Green Card). What jobs are they doing now? Many are waiter/waitresses in restaurants, cashiers at stores, part of other hourly wages jobs. In my experience, many of these immigrants do not want to integrate with the local society and are always part of their own culture groups/meets. Many do not even have a decent command of English. I don't say English is the language of the world but US is primarily an English speaking country, how can you not learn it enough? Same goes for Canada. Canada has English and French.

For doctors and teachers that immigrate to US, they need to go through a whole new license system which includes continuing education. After this, they may be able to apply for a permit to practice as a doctor/lawyer or teach etc. Life is not easy. Most get it done though.

How long does this whole process of integration take? 3 months? No. 3 years, yes if you are lucky. If not it might take another 1-2 years to integrate totally withthe society and expect your dream jobs.

I'm just wondering, how is Canada different from US in this regard? US also promises a bright future and is supposedly the land of oppurtunities. However, NO ONE here has oppurtunity served to them on a platter. We got to fight it out.
I'm sure it is the same in Canada. Canada is also a land of oppurtunities. If you think CAnada is "an easy" country and then don't apply for a PR at all.

My post might come off as rude but this is a reality. Immigration and intgration into a new country could even take upto 10 years. Let's get that straight.
I can say that it is not true when comparing to US. I'll tell you at least from those whom I have seen and their experiences. The US has advanced research and the market accepts advanced degrees than Canada. There are more funding agencies...
The integration in US market was easier for even those fresh international graduates.
to this "Immigration and intgration into a new country could even take upto 10 years. Let's get that straight." I agree to the statement however the reality should not be like that! After all the Canadian government is the one who offered these immigration categories!

ryanomil

Aug 30, 2011
Cambridge
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2012
Doc's Request.
sent with app
AOR Received.
LVO don't be silly
IELTS Request
Band 8.5
Med's Request
25/06/2012
Med's Done....
03/07/2012 3rd Line 23/07/2012
Passport Req..
09/09/2012 DM made as well 09/09/2012
well said

shootingstar said:

ryanomil

Aug 30, 2011
Cambridge
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2012
Doc's Request.
sent with app
AOR Received.
LVO don't be silly
IELTS Request
Band 8.5
Med's Request
25/06/2012
Med's Done....
03/07/2012 3rd Line 23/07/2012
Passport Req..
09/09/2012 DM made as well 09/09/2012
So wh not immigrate to the US rather than Canada?

Dr Eng X said:
I can say that it is not true when comparing to US. I'll tell you at least from those whom I have seen and their experiences. The US has advanced research and the market accepts advanced degrees than Canada. There are more funding agencies...
The integration in US market was easier for even those fresh international graduates.
to this "Immigration and intgration into a new country could even take upto 10 years. Let's get that straight." I agree to the statement however the reality should not be like that! After all the Canadian government is the one who offered these immigration categories!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ryanomil said:
So wh not immigrate to the US rather than Canada?
I am a Canadian sponsoring his wife. The US is in my near future plans.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Dr Eng X said:
Quite possible that this is not true to the same extent in Canada as is in US. However, Canada also has some of the world's top universities which makes me believe that new graduates do have oppurtunities.

I agree Canadian Govt has invited applications and promised us a good life in the country but this is a two-way process. There is a lot expected of us too. As I have already mentioned, I have seen many immigrants in US too. Once selected by the US Green CArd diversity visa, they just show up here. Most live with extended family members speaking broken to little English. Again, I would like to repeat that I am not saying English is the language of the world but English is the only official language in US and it is expected that you have good skills in English to survive. Same goes for Canada - we would probably need a little French to do well in the Montreal job market, while English alone will work for most of the country. This iso ne example of a barrier to immigrating faster. Immigration is a long and painful process. We need to put in a lot of initiative to get integrated into the local society. Some people do this faster than others and that's where the point of immigration lies.

Also, Canada consistently ranks in a top list of countries along with countries such as Austria, NZ etc. This shows that Canada is doing something right if not everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Failed_States_Index#2012

Reactions: einsteino

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shootingstar said:
Quite possible that this is not true to the same extent in Canada as is in US. However, Canada also has some of the world's top universities which makes me believe that new graduates do have oppurtunities.

I agree Canadian Govt has invited applications and promised us a good life in the country but this is a two-way process. There is a lot expected of us too. As I have already mentioned, I have seen many immigrants in US too. Once selected by the US Green CArd diversity visa, they just show up here. Most live with extended family members speaking broken to little English. Again, I would like to repeat that I am not saying English is the language of the world but English is the only official language in US and it is expected that you have good skills in English to survive. Same goes for Canada - we would probably need a little French to do well in the Montreal job market, while English alone will work for most of the country. This iso ne example of a barrier to immigrating faster. Immigration is a long and painful process. We need to put in a lot of initiative to get integrated into the local society. Some people do this faster than others and that's where the point of immigration lies.

Also, Canada consistently ranks in a top list of countries along with countries such as Austria, NZ etc. This shows that Canada is doing something right if not everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Failed_States_Index#2012
OK, you missed few points in your comparison, in brief US market withstands advanced degrees more than Canada. More research and advanced projects and funds...etc

Status
Not open for further replies.