Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
I Never had a fantasy about luxurious life in Canada. I know it is hard work and lots of competition . And I will accept doing simple jobs at the beginning ,,,,,it is normal.
Just want my son to drink clean water and eat vegetables that do not cause cancer!!
I think it is not too much to ask from Canada

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Dr Eng....Did you send your sponsor application to Ottawa and not to Vegreville,Alberta? ???

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopeful4 said:
I Never had a fantasy about luxurious life in Canada. I know it is hard work and lots of competition . And I will accept doing simple jobs at the beginning ,,,,,it is normal.
Just want my son to drink clean water and eat vegetables that do not cause cancer!!
I do understand...it might not be only at the begining! Those I spoke of earlier have been in Canada for years working (what you call) these simple and personally I don't think it would be normal..therefore when I asked them their response was we are doing it for our children!
People sometimes misunderstand me. They think I do not want immigrants. That is not true at all.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunsun said:
Dr Eng....Did you send your sponsor application to Ottawa and not to Vegreville,Alberta? ???
No CPC-M then was transfered to CPP-O

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
off course this topic carries lots of frustration to the new applicants.
in the worst cases a physical job (for the rest of my life)in a clean environment is still far better than a prestigious job in a city that is considered 3rd most polluted in the whole world ,,,

Raskin

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Takes time to get a good job and make a decent living. even in our country of birth,it takes a good 4-5 years after graduating to land a job that is decent enough to feed a family.As someone has already quoted..keep expectations low,research,plan,network.

androme

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-10-2012
hopeful4 said:
hahahahha Hopeful, I am realy sorry for laughing at you but unless you live in Chernobyl, you have a very wrong impression about Canada and the place you are originally from. North America has become a land made only for businesses. Business thrives on Profit and profit on consumption and cost cutting. When you get here, you will realize what I am talking about. The waters in North America is contaminated neyond imagination because of the industries built around the water areas. The drinking water is treated with numerous chemicals and over here people are adviced not to drink water from the tap. There is nothing fresh like the water from a well or stream. Canada is not a dream. Its a nightmare. Don't be dellusional. When you get here please write to me and let me know what you think about canada. All the best!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
androme said:
hahahahha Hopeful, I am realy sorry for laughing at you but unless you live in Chernobyl, you have a very wrong impression about Canada and the place you are originally from. North America has become a land made only for businesses. Business thrives on Profit and profit on consumption and cost cutting. When you get here, you will realize what I am talking about. The waters in North America is contaminated neyond imagination because of the industries built around the water areas. The drinking water is treated with numerous chemicals and over here people are adviced not to drink water from the tap. There is nothing fresh like the water from a well or stream. Canada is not a dream. Its a nightmare. Don't be dellusional. When you get here please write to me and let me know what you think about canada. All the best!
I have never been told not to drink water from the tap!! What are you talking about?????

androme

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-10-2012
Canooknic said:
I have never been told not to drink water from the tap!! What are you talking about?????
Have you been told to leave the tap water on for atleast 20 minutes? Ever wondered why that is? Its coz of all the chemicals that they put into recycle the water. Apparently if you leave it on for atleast 20 minutes, the chemicals miraculously disappear. I prefer not to drink tap water at all unless filtered. The cement companies and other industries have lobbied so hard for waste disposition into the lake or the water bodies around the factories, that the water is unbelievably contaminated over here. Check this link out,

http://www.conferenceboard.ca/hcp/details/environment/water-quality-index.aspx

Check out US and Canada. In the report its an orange not a green bar. You ahve really stupid to beleive that water wuality in North America is good and in pristine condition. In my opinion its as bad as in any thrid world country if not worse especailly becoz its polluted with man made chemicals and poisons. Good luck!

yedanp8176

Oct 11, 2012
Raskin said:
Takes time to get a good job and make a decent living. even in our country of birth,it takes a good 4-5 years after graduating to land a job that is decent enough to feed a family.As someone has already quoted..keep expectations low,research,plan,network.
I am little surprised at people venting their frustration on Canada as a country for not getting a good job. I am not a canadian , nor a Permanent Resident of Canada. I came to work here for Employer A and at some point decided to move on.within days i got 2 offers which were even beyond my expectation.

In my view it is wrong to blame a country when you don't have talent to find a good job. Any country you go you will face the same problem.. Canada itself admits that their landed immigrant program is not so effective and getting in-ellgibile people to enter Canada. That is the reason they are improving it and rolling it out from next year.

At the end no intention to hurt anybody but just to want to give my opinion. Canada many-2 times better than the countries from we all came and that is why we came for a better future.

Pullox

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
emamabd said:
if canada is only good for a somalian or afghan refugee as you say, how come most of its major cities are listed in the world's best cities to live in, highest standards of living ...etc?

this is really confusing, i'm quite close to making the move and really surprised on how people's opinions could vary largely between the 2 extremes, there are people in this forum who think its a great country and offers a good future for immigrants - while others regret being there and feel that moving there was the biggest mistake they ever made....really strange,both those opinions cannot be true....its either a good country or not...but cannot be both :-\?!

I'm starting to wonder how its going to be like - when i move there, but whatever challenges i may face - i'm willing to take the risk with a strong will succeed ...so lets see.

I hope i won't be whining in this post someday!! :-[
hahaha, indeed I hope so too. I secured somehow a permanent full time job offer here, even if it is not related to my extremely expensive canadian skilled studies. My salary is lower than promised and I've felt frustrated and fearful many times about the future. The truth is that even there have been huge challenges for me in this country they have made me a better (at times grumpier) person, with character and to be honest there is nothing granted in life, it is all an adventure. Fear "fear" itself, I'm getting old too but life keeps moving and if we try to stop the boogie the most probable thing that will happen is that it will crush us. Move along live, write in the forum if u feel hopeless or write some poetry, go to church, make friends, LEAVE TORONTO! if it has treated u like waste. There is plenty of work in Alberta, but also plenty of cold. If people is rude to us, let's teach them what we know, let's teach them to be happy, constructive, that will be a major lesson that will open our doors. Don't take life too seriously! :p

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
androme said:
Have you been told to leave the tap water on for atleast 20 minutes? Ever wondered why that is? Its coz of all the chemicals that they put into recycle the water. Apparently if you leave it on for atleast 20 minutes, the chemicals miraculously disappear. I prefer not to drink tap water at all unless filtered. The cement companies and other industries have lobbied so hard for waste disposition into the lake or the water bodies around the factories, that the water is unbelievably contaminated over here. Check this link out,

http://www.conferenceboard.ca/hcp/details/environment/water-quality-index.aspx

Check out US and Canada. In the report its an orange not a green bar. You ahve really stupid to beleive that water wuality in North America is good and in pristine condition. In my opinion its as bad as in any thrid world country if not worse especailly becoz its polluted with man made chemicals and poisons. Good luck!
Well I've been drinking the water all my life - from the tap - and I'm perfectly healthy....so is my 92 yr old Grandfather!
No water is going to be completely pure anymore, it's an unfortunate fact of life now because the entire world is polluted, but it's not right for you to scare people into thinking their going to be drinking something so terrible

ADUFE

Jun 28, 2009
Where I live within the GTA in Ontario, I do not know ANYBODY who drinks from their taps directly. They either buy bottled water or have filtration systems attached to their kitchen taps.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To all job seekers...... a MUST watch video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0qilenGVi4&feature=related

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Pullox said:
hahaha, indeed I hope so too. I secured somehow a permanent full time job offer here, even if it is not related to my extremely expensive canadian skilled studies. My salary is lower than promised and I've felt frustrated and fearful many times about the future. The truth is that even there have been huge challenges for me in this country they have made me a better (at times grumpier) person, with character and to be honest there is nothing granted in life, it is all an adventure. Fear "fear" itself, I'm getting old too but life keeps moving and if we try to stop the boogie the most probable thing that will happen is that it will crush us. Move along live, write in the forum if u feel hopeless or write some poetry, go to church, make friends, LEAVE TORONTO! if it has treated u like waste. There is plenty of work in Alberta, but also plenty of cold. If people is rude to us, let's teach them what we know, let's teach them to be happy, constructive, that will be a major lesson that will open our doors. Don't take life too seriously! :p
Surely you're right, its a big adventure and there are chances that things can go the wright or wrong way....Congrats for getting a permanent job, even if the pay is not satisfactory at first surely with time you'll get something better - have you upgraded your education in Canada? Or attended bridging courses?

Status
Not open for further replies.