+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need to apply for visa again if i defer my classes on next semester?

hassaananjum

Jan 7, 2018
No. You will have to link your application on the CIC website. Its easy. Check instructions on this link,

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/link-your-application-online.516146/#post-6359140
Dear Helican, i've created the account and linked the application with the account. I have got my application number and UCI number (10-digit). Now how can i submit the deferral letter which i received from the university through that account?

hassaananjum

Jan 7, 2018
No. You will have to link your application on the CIC website. Its easy. Check instructions on this link,

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/link-your-application-online.516146/#post-6359140
Dear Helican, i just received a message from VFS Global, "Visa application, tracking Id no. _____ passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Khobar on 15-01-2018 vide courier partner"
I dont understand if my visa is approved or not. I checked my linked application from the account. It says that the final decision is my application is approved. Does it mean that they have granted me the study permit? Is my passport stamped with the canadian visa?
Please reply me, my family and I are really worried. Looking forward for your help.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Dear Helican, i just received a message from VFS Global, "Visa application, tracking Id no. _____ passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Khobar on 15-01-2018 vide courier partner"
I dont understand if my visa is approved or not. I checked my linked application from the account. It says that the final decision is my application is approved. Does it mean that they have granted me the study permit? Is my passport stamped with the canadian visa?
Please reply me, my family and I are really worried. Looking forward for your help.
yes yes. many congratulations. its approved :)

Vishal singh

Star Member
Dec 31, 2017
Dear helican, I got visa approved for January intake after classes and can't go now. My course is available only in January intake.

1. Can I defer in next intake september in another course?
2. I got visa now for January ,but travel in September, will it creat any problem?
3. What about the visa validity if I defer?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Dear helican, I got visa approved for January intake after classes and can't go now. My course is available only in January intake.

1. Can I defer in next intake september in another course?
2. I got visa now for January ,but travel in September, will it creat any problem?
3. What about the visa validity if I defer?
deferring will not cause any issues. you will just need to extend your study permit after you come here. I know that you need to inform them if you change college but not sure if something needs to be done for course change. I will check.

Vishal singh

Star Member
Dec 31, 2017
deferring will not cause any issues. you will just need to extend your study permit after you come here. I know that you need to inform them if you change college but not sure if something needs to be done for course change. I will check.
Thanks helican , please tell if you will check.
And how to extend visa after landing in canada ( is it easy )

Last edited:

hassaananjum

Jan 7, 2018
Dear Helican, they granted me visa for 2 years only while the course of my study is 4 years. Will i need to extend my visa after the expiry? And would i need to provide them the bank statement and the acceptance letter and follow the same process of visa approval for the extension all over again?
Looking forward for your reply. Thankyou. :)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

Congratulations bro .

Just wanted to ask , are you a resident of Saudi Arabia ?

Do you mind sharing your whatsapp number as I have some queries to ask .

Regards .

hassaananjum

Jan 7, 2018
Congratulations bro .

Just wanted to ask , are you a resident of Saudi Arabia ?

Do you mind sharing your whatsapp number as I have some queries to ask .

Regards .
I dont really know much about this visa stuff. I seeked help from Helican. He's the guy with all the answers.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Dear Helican, they granted me visa for 2 years only while the course of my study is 4 years. Will i need to extend my visa after the expiry? And would i need to provide them the bank statement and the acceptance letter and follow the same process of visa approval for the extension all over again?
Looking forward for your reply. Thankyou. :)
you just have to apply for an extension. dont worry, once you land i canada, be alert, ask people, ask counsellors in the college. All international students are in the same boat so getting info is easy.

hnalpha323

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
File Transfer...
30-11-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
19-12-2017
Passport Req..
15-03-2018
Hi my class start in September 2018, should i apply visa now or in may or april?

Please advise.
If you have all the required documents. You should apply as soon as possible as it takes different time for different applications and this time sometimes ruins the current intake admission.

Vicky134

Jun 20, 2018
i Helican have applied study permit for sep 2018 intake and its yet to arrive,my classes will start by 10th sep. I am plaanning to defer it to jan intake as i think my visa will not arrive by then. What if the visa arrives for sep intake and can i enter canada using that visa for Jan ?kindly help