+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need the medical and the police clearance? Plzz help me ,plzzzz

K

khafinn

I came here on a work permit last year and I am still working but I am getting married soon to a canadian lady and here is my question= do I need the medical and the police clearance for an inland application? I submitted them to the Canadian embassy back home before I came and I am wondering if I have to do that again. please help me and thank you so much

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
khafinn said:
I came here on a work permit last year and I am still working but I am getting married soon to a canadian lady and here is my question= do I need the medical and the police clearance for an inland application? I submitted them to the Canadian embassy back home before I came and I am wondering if I have to do that again. please help me and thank you so much
Yes. The medical exams are valid only for 12 months.

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
I have done an inland spousal application (I am Brtish and my husband is Canadian) and my medical was done in March 2008, I have been told it is valid until March 2010. Police clearance for inland is not needed until they ask for it but I did submit mine with my original application. If you have the choice DO NOT do an inland application - do it outland it is MUCH quicker.

Good luck to you.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
K1203 said:
I have done an inland spousal application (I am Brtish and my husband is Canadian) and my medical was done in March 2008, I have been told it is valid until March 2010. Police clearance for inland is not needed until they ask for it but I did submit mine with my original application. If you have the choice DO NOT do an inland application - do it outland it is MUCH quicker.

Good luck to you.
No, sorry, medicals are only valid for 12 months. So yes, you will need to redo your medical and get a police check. Why did you decide to do inland??

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where did you get this information from? On the CIC website it only states that they are valid for 12 months; there is no special case listed where I looked.

K1203 said:
Medical is 2 years for inland, one year for outland.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
K1203 said:
Medical is 2 years for inland, one year for outland.
I don't think that's true.

This is from CIC's website re: medical exam requirements for permanent residence:

"Validity
You can only use your examination results in your application for 12 months from when you had the examination. If you are not admitted to Canada as a permanent resident within this time, you will be required to undergo another examination."

There's no distinction between a medical exam for an inland application vs. an outland one.

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
I don't wish to be contentious, and I am quite sure that it was not my imagination I am personally in the process of an inland application, I can assure you I have had only one medical and it was in March 2008, it is I believe now December 2009, I have been told by CIC Vegreville themselves over the phone that they will not be asking me to do another one unless my application has not been finalised before the end of March 2010.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
K1203 said:
I don't wish to be contentious, and I am quite sure that it was not my imagination I am personally in the process of an inland application, I can assure you I have had only one medical and it was in March 2008, it is I believe now December 2009, I have been told by CIC Vegreville themselves over the phone that they will not be asking me to do another one unless my application has not been finalised before the end of March 2010.
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that you don't know what's happening with your own case. If you were told that your medicals are good until March 2010, then that's fine. It's always up to the discretion of the visa office to have you redo your medicals once they are expired (which yours are). But all that means really is that YOU don't have to re-do your medicals. It doesn't mean however that ALL medicals for inland applicants are good for 2 years. That's simply not true.

This is from the guide for inland applicants:

"Medical results for applicants who pass a medical examination and who are not subject to medical
surveillance are valid for 12 months from the examination date or the date of the X-ray, whichever is earlier." http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
ariell said:
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that you don't know what's happening with your own case. If you were told that your medicals are good until March 2010, then that's fine. It's always up to the discretion of the visa office to have you redo your medicals once they are expired. But all that means really is that YOU don't have to re-do your medicals. It doesn't mean however that ALL medicals for inland applicants are good for 2 years. That's simply not true.
There is a website called British Expats ... if you go along there and check the frequently asked questions there, or ask other people who *have* personal experience of inland residence applications I think you will find that noone has been asked to do more than one medical once their application has reached AIP (Approval In Principle) and this is almost always granted within the first year when making an inland application.

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
ariell said:
No, sorry, medicals are only valid for 12 months. So yes, you will need to redo your medical and get a police check. Why did you decide to do inland??
I decided to do inland because I listened to poor advise given by misinformed people.

K

khafinn

lot of thx to everybody who replied to my question. But I have a question here,I can apply for out land but what if they need to interview me? should I go then to my home land?

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
Yes, if you need an interview you will need to go to London for it (thats if you are from the UK). That was why my lawyer advised me to do my application inland to avoid having to travel back to the UK .... if I'd known then what I know now though I would glady have gone back if need be - as it happens I haven't been asked to attend an interview NOTE if you do an inland application you cannot at any stage leave Canada until your application is completed. The only advantage to applying inland is that you can apply for a work permit once you receive first stage approval (mine took 8 months) whereas if you do the application out of land you have to wait until you get full PR status. I am not sure which country you are from and YMMV.

K

khafinn

I am from Morocco which means I will need a visa to re-enter to Canada. I think the inland application takes time and keeps you away from your folks but I will do it as it is my only choice. Thank you for your help and I wish you lot of luck. Cheers

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
I do understand if it is your only choice - I am not sure about the rules and regulations for your country. I do know that (if you are making an inland spousal application) once your reach first stage approval (Approval in Principle) you can then apply for an open work permit and also you can apply for medical coverage.

I wish you the very best of luck with your application.