+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Distance/Part time Masters Degree is Valid as per WES ECA?

saluja

Jan 6, 2019
Does WES recognize one years PGDFM in Institute of Distance and Open Learning Mumbai university?
I have already done B.sc general in panjab university Chandigarh.
are they count me two or more certificates after PGDFM?

Rajni8777

Feb 9, 2018
I have completed my Degree course in 2005 and started working ., I joined Distance PGDBA (1 Year ) after 5 years .. Will WES-ECA consider this case for Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. ? Pl advice . thanks.
Hi was ur pgd recognised by wes?
What was the outcome ?

Rajni8777

Feb 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have completed my BA from IGNOU through distance learning. Also, I have completed my PGDHRM from Symbiosis center for distance learning. Which degree will be recognized by WES. Is there any other agency other than WES for canada.
Hi Everyone,

I have done B.Tech (4years) from UPTU. ECA for the same is under process. Now, I have enrolled myself for 1year PG Diploma in Business Administration course from Annamalai University.
I have below query :

Does WES recognise this 1year distance course from Annamalai ? If yes, what would be the procedure to
they will do positively
T
Hi Everyone,

I have done B.Tech (4years) from UPTU. ECA for the same is under process. Now, I have enrolled myself for 1year PG Diploma in Business Administration course from Annamalai University.
I have below query :

Does WES recognise this 1year distance course from Annamalai ? If yes, what would be the procedure to
They will do i bet
Bcz i have seen the results

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......
'Dear All - Can anyone confirm if MSc Information Technology (Distance learning) PG degree from London Metropolitan university is recognized by WES and is it equivalent to MSc in Canada ?

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
I am really confused about doing a MBA online. I have currently applied and paid initial amount to a university back in my country they are affiliated with UWS, UK University of the West of Scotland. The manager at the university back in my home town said they will issue same study material, assignments certificates from UWS but UWS doesn't know that this is sent to be done online. They would believe it's done on campus.
What happens after WES evaluation, if they consider it as Masters and then while creating the profile and checking passport details, it will be clear that it was done online and wasn't in the country to complete the MBA, will they reject my MBA and the application? If they check with UWS, they would say it's done full time on campus but passport wouldn't show any travel stay .. I'm confused. Please help.

ahmedbadran

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
I am really confused about doing a MBA online. I have currently applied and paid initial amount to a university back in my country they are affiliated with UWS, UK University of the West of Scotland. The manager at the university back in my home town said they will issue same study material, assignments certificates from UWS but UWS doesn't know that this is sent to be done online. They would believe it's done on campus.
What happens after WES evaluation, if they consider it as Masters and then while creating the profile and checking passport details, it will be clear that it was done online and wasn't in the country to complete the MBA, will they reject my MBA and the application? If they check with UWS, they would say it's done full time on campus but passport wouldn't show any travel stay .. I'm confused. Please help.
I believe it is not an issue as WES accept online degrees as well as on campus. So your ECA would be the same in both cases which will not affect your score and your eligibility.

Reactions: Moonnut

Raghav22

Mar 4, 2019
Hello All,

My WES Evaluation is under process.
I have B.Com, M. Com (Distance Learning) and PGDBM from AICTE approved institute.
Can I expect Master's as per new guidelines. Please share your feedback.

Shubhdatt

Apr 2, 2019
@Faheiem, @Iramathur7 I hope they would, I have done PGDBA and sent the docs to WES. Currently my WES status is on hold as they want to do verification of documents with university. It was not rejected upfront but they are proceeding. It has been considered as 1 yr PG Diploma and they are processing it. Hope this helps.
Could u please tell me that whether it was Accreditated by wes ?. I am also planning to do PGDBA from Annamalai University.

ahmbas

Apr 16, 2019
Hi Salej

Even i did my MCA from IGNOU which is a Distance Education

Its been recognised by WES i got my ECA report last week itself

Ta!
Raghav
Did you submit the graduation credentials as well to get your IGNOU -MCA equivalency . Do they consider MCA as Masters of Engineering or Technology ?

ahmbas

Apr 16, 2019
Hi !

I have MCA from IGNOU and a bachelors in Science from a different university ( full time ) . I have applied for evaluation of my MCA to WES but I am not sure whether they consider MCA as Masters in Engineering or Masters in Technical . I am not able to get my transcripts of Bachelors and hence the concern.

Guneet95

May 31, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Please read this carefully if you're considering doing an additional degree or diploma for the sake of EE points:

It does not matter if your program is full-time, part time or distance mode. There are 2 types of programs that are generally accepted and given recognition by WES:
1. Degree Programs
2. Diploma Programs

1. Degree Programs - You will be given recognition from WES for your degree under the following cases -
(a) Non Distance Mode - University/ college is recognized by NAAC with a score of A and above
(b) Distance Mode - University/ college is recognized by NAAC with a score of A and above AND DEB-UGC recognition

2. Diploma Programs - You will be given recognition from WES for your diploma under the following cases -
(2) Non Distance Mode - University/ college is recognized by NAAC with a score of A and above
(b) Distance Mode - University/ college is recognized by NAAC with a score of A and above

NOTE 1: Since most of us are considering a distance 1 year PGDM I want to share that UGC-DEB recognition is NOT REQUIRED for this.
UGC-DEB approval is required only for DEGREE courses of 2 years and above
However, your university/ college must have a NAAC accrediation of A and above so that it gets autonomy to provide distance diplomas which will be verified for points by WES!

NOTE 2: If you're applying for a 1 year distance PGDM please do check whether your University/ college has a valid NAAC accrediation for that year.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: mrinali20

lonefox

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Please read this carefully if you're considering doing an additional degree or diploma for the sake of EE points:

It does not matter if your program is full-time, part time or distance mode. There are 2 types of programs that are generally accepted and given recognition by WES:
1. Degree Programs
2. Diploma Programs

1. Degree Programs - You will be given recognition from WES for your degree under the following cases -
(a) Non Distance Mode - University/ college is recognized by NAAC with a score of A and above
(b) Distance Mode - University/ college is recognized by NAAC with a score of A and above AND DEB-UGC recognition

2. Diploma Programs - You will be given recognition from WES for your diploma under the following cases -
(2) Non Distance Mode - University/ college is recognized by NAAC with a score of A and above
(b) Distance Mode - University/ college is recognized by NAAC with a score of A and above

NOTE 1: Since most of us are considering a distance 1 year PGDM I want to share that UGC-DEB recognition is NOT REQUIRED for this.
UGC-DEB approval is required only for DEGREE courses of 2 years and above
However, your university/ college must have a NAAC accrediation of A and above so that it gets autonomy to provide distance diplomas which will be verified for points by WES!

NOTE 2: If you're applying for a 1 year distance PGDM please do check whether your University/ college has a valid NAAC accrediation for that year.

Hope this helps!
Where did you find this information?