+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Distance/Part time Masters Degree is Valid as per WES ECA?

rajsha007

Sep 16, 2019
WES doesn't consider part time or distance learning courses
This is not correct, WES accept distance masters degree, they don't accept it from all the institutes, There free degree evaluation tool can be used to see if the given university/institute is recognized by WES or not.

Reactions: Pooja attri

shubham_bh

Sep 17, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have recently made my express entry profile with CRS 404 (will rise to 429 by next year with 3 years of work experience).

I am looking for a post graduate diploma course that will help me get the two or more degrees or diploma category. Please suggest the some programs that could help me in the same direction. Also, I see people asking for IGNOU PGD courses. How is PGDAS (post graduate diploma in applied statistics) ? has anyone got this degree evaluated? (I see people talking about PGDIBO and PGDIS but that's nowhere related to my core domain of data science).

Also, in case anyone knows about credential evaluation from LPU and other institutes like Amity, IMT etc please do share, it would be really helpful. I know I'm asking for too much but I feel there are many others in this confusion who could actually benefit from this.

Thanks in advance, bless you all!

tabishp

Jan 30, 2020
Hello All,

My bachelors from Annamlai University (DDE) was rejected through WES. The reason provided was "Fraudulent" documents (just FYI they are not). When i tried to investigate with both my university and WES I didn't receive any proper response from either of them. I regret to arrange the documents through one of the third party agents in India (it was before Dec 2018) and I do not know what document was marked as "Fraudulent".
I want to know if anyone had a similar experience and if they retried with ICAS and it was successful or not. I would confirm if ICAS CANADA accepts Annamalai University DDE programs ?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated !

332663Rb!

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hello All,

My bachelors from Annamlai University (DDE) was rejected through WES. The reason provided was "Fraudulent" documents (just FYI they are not). When i tried to investigate with both my university and WES I didn't receive any proper response from either of them. I regret to arrange the documents through one of the third party agents in India (it was before Dec 2018) and I do not know what document was marked as "Fraudulent".
I want to know if anyone had a similar experience and if they retried with ICAS and it was successful or not. I would confirm if ICAS CANADA accepts Annamalai University DDE programs ?

No, never had that kind of experience. Honestly, did you follow the procedures WES had sent you? Your univeristy has to send your degree directly to WES.

Why did you have to use a third party. They are not reliable, especially in India.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

mrinali20

Jul 4, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Please read this carefully if you're considering doing an additional degree or diploma for the sake of EE points:

It does not matter if your program is full-time, part time or distance mode. There are 2 types of programs that are generally accepted and given recognition by WES:
1. Degree Programs
2. Diploma Programs

1. Degree Programs - You will be given recognition from WES for your degree under the following cases -
(a) Non Distance Mode - University/ college is recognized by NAAC with a score of A and above
(b) Distance Mode - University/ college is recognized by NAAC with a score of A and above AND DEB-UGC recognition

2. Diploma Programs - You will be given recognition from WES for your diploma under the following cases -
(2) Non Distance Mode - University/ college is recognized by NAAC with a score of A and above
(b) Distance Mode - University/ college is recognized by NAAC with a score of A and above

NOTE 1: Since most of us are considering a distance 1 year PGDM I want to share that UGC-DEB recognition is NOT REQUIRED for this.
UGC-DEB approval is required only for DEGREE courses of 2 years and above
However, your university/ college must have a NAAC accrediation of A and above so that it gets autonomy to provide distance diplomas which will be verified for points by WES!

NOTE 2: If you're applying for a 1 year distance PGDM please do check whether your University/ college has a valid NAAC accrediation for that year.

Hope this helps!
Hi, this is great information. Could you please confirm that it is valid still? Any site where i can verify?

zeeshanz

Sep 26, 2020
Hi, i have done integrated course (BCA+MCA with 66 percent in both) from IGNOU.
Though IGNOU is recognised by WES. Also WES equivalency tool show MCA as Masters eqvivalent.
Curious to know if anybody with same education has evaluated their education from WES?
If yes, whether it was considered as Masters or anything else?

Appreciate quick responses.
Hi Rubina,
I also have the same question. I have also done BCA+MCA (Integrated) from IGNOU
Did you get the answer? Or have you got your ECA done?
Thanks

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hello All,

What did you do finally?