+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Distance/Part time Masters Degree is Valid as per WES ECA?

anupwalia

May 30, 2019
Hello All,

I have an issue regarding WES. They put my application on hold due to they require degree/diploma certificate of my PGDCA (Kurukshetra Univ.)
but university do not issue me only single certificate for the same course and mention on the backside of certificate that treated as two different docs. my wes application status is on hold. i do not have any such docs to submit. What can i do now?

anupwalia

May 30, 2019
I applied WES for my bachelor degree and one year PG diploma, but now can i get evaluation for only bachelor degree.

Leeron1983

Jun 3, 2019
A
I believe it is not an issue as WES accept online degrees as well as on campus. So your ECA would be the same in both cases which will not affect your score and your eligibility.
Are you sure about this?

Does that mean that part time one year diploma post graduation from autonomous college will also be qualified?

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
Hello!

I got the ECA evaluation report today, as under -

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY Bachelor's degree (three years) and three bachelor’s degrees (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS 1. Name on Credential: LAZARUS, XXXX XXXX
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Computer Applications Year: 2009
Awarded By: Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University
Major: Computer Applications
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2. Name on Credential: LAZARUS, XXXX XXXX
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: University Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2011
Awarded By: University of Pune
Major: Foreign Trade
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Remarks: The University of Pune is currently known as Savitribai Phule Pune University.

3. Name on Credential: LAZARUS, XXXX XXXX
Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution
Credential: Master of Business Administration
Year: 2011
Major: Marketing Management
Remarks: The University of Pune is currently known as Savitribai Phule Pune University.

4. Name on Credential: LAZARUS, XXXX XXXX
Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution
Credential: Master of Business Administration
Year: 2013
Major: International Business
Remarks: The University of Pune is currently known as Savitribai Phule Pune University

I have done a 3 year MBA and am also aware of the fact that WES recognizes business studies in India as equivalent to master's degree in canada if it is a three (3) year MBA course.

My ECA clearly does not give any cognizance to Post Graduation Degree / Post Graduation Diploma; and treats it as a Bachelors Degree.

I have raised this issue with WES from the "contact-us" section. Hope they understand that I have a valid point.

Reactions: star88

Guneet95

May 31, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Just needed help with understanding WES.

I got my 3 years bachelors evaluated as 3 years Canadian equivalent bachelors.

Currently, my 1 year pg diploma is being evaluated by WES.

Going through forums I have understood that there's a good chance the consolidated WES report is gonna evaluate both my credentials as ' 4 years bachelors' in total.

This would mean I can claim points for just 1 bachelors degree.

Is this true or would I be able to claim points for 2 degrees?

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

Just needed help with understanding WES.

I got my 3 years bachelors evaluated as 3 years Canadian equivalent bachelors.

Currently, my 1 year pg diploma is being evaluated by WES.

Going through forums I have understood that there's a good chance the consolidated WES report is gonna evaluate both my credentials as ' 4 years bachelors' in total.

This would mean I can claim points for just 1 bachelors degree.

Is this true or would I be able to claim points for 2 degrees?
If WES gives your Canadian Equivalency Summary as "Bachelors Degree (Three years) and Bachelors Degree (Four years)" then you can claim points for 2 or more degrees. On the other hand if it is "Bachelors Degree (Four years)" only, then you will be able able to claim points for Bachelors Degree alone. It depends on a lot of factors, like your university, type of course, your scores, UGC / AICTE / NAAC affiliations / Accreditions etc.

Reactions: star88

iyer1101

Jul 17, 2019
@Faheiem, @Iramathur7 I hope they would, I have done PGDBA and sent the docs to WES. Currently my WES status is on hold as they want to do verification of documents with university. It was not rejected upfront but they are proceeding. It has been considered as 1 yr PG Diploma and they are processing it. Hope this helps.

Hi @Jeevitha03 or any other user who has got an ECA for a PGD program from Annamalai Distance Learning

What equivalency did you get.... is it possible to mask all personal details on the report and share the report. Very confused about whether to take up the course or not. Don't want to be in a situation where after finishing the program, I realize that WES does not recognize it.

1. It is a Distance learning program and
2. it is a 1-year in duration only.

Was your PGDBA also through distance learning?

Regards
Sid

Last edited:

PV_Ganesh

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019

Hi @Jeevitha03 or any other user who has got an ECA for a PGD program from Annamalai Distance Learning

What equivalency did you get.... is it possible to mask all personal details on the report and share the report. Very confused about whether to take up the course or not. Don't want to be in a situation where after finishing the program, I realize that WES does not recognize it.

1. It is a Distance learning program and
2. it is a 1-year in duration only.

Was your PGDBA also through distance learning?

Regards
Sid

@Jeevitha03 Would be great help if you could share the info requested by Sid. Thanks in advance

Archit156

Jul 31, 2019
I have done my pg diploma in business management from lpu in distance education.will it be recognised by wes or shall i go for IQAS ? And if it is recognised by wes will i be getting points in crs like my score can improve to 460-465 from present score of 435. Means will my wes for pg diploma be considered by CIC ?Also i have already done my wes for graduation.

Pooja attri

Sep 2, 2019
India
1:- I have 3 Years of bachelor in Arts (B.A) Regular. ( Himachal pradesh university )

2:- 1year post graduate diploma in computer application ( PGDCA) distance learning. ( himachal pradesh university)

3:-And then got enrolled in MSC computer science last year under lateral entry. (1 year) distance learning. (Kurukshetra university)

4:-Master of computer application (MCA Lateral enrty) directly started from second year. (1 Year ) distance learning. (Manav bharti university)

Do i need any extra document to support that..?
Is WES gonna evaluate it as masters..?

Last edited:

vkrleechan

Aug 16, 2019
Here my question is:
1) Do we need to check whether the university is recognized by UGC or does the course should be recognized by UGC?

I'm Pursuing PD Diploma in Public relations from the University of Madras which is recognized by UGC

I'm breaking my head.

vkrleechan

Aug 16, 2019
Thanks for your response.

In this link, they have mentioned as below:

University of madras
Status of Recognition: PG Diploma Programmes  Computer Science, Public Relation
123rd page.

ONly this course will be accepted by WES