+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between EE and PNP

k0nduire

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hello guys, just want to clarify something.

Does getting an ITA though >450 CRS mean you can land anywhere in Canada
and getting an ITA + a province nomination means you should land in that province?

Just browsing, I got PT Interest from Ontario, CRS 402.
I expect my CRS to go down since I will turn another year this coming March.
It's not looking very well since I read that your CRS should stay at least 400 all throughout the process.

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
If you receive an ITA without a PNP, you are eligible to land and live anywhere in Canada. If you receive the 600 points from the PNP, you are expected to at least make an effort to land in the province that sponsored you. There possibly could be extenuating circumstances (for instance, you move there, try for 6 months, but can't get a job there) which would allow you to immediately move, but you are expected to at least make an effort to move to the province that sponsored you. That said, once you've settled in that province, you are free to move to other provinces in the future. If the province believes you fraudulently used the PNP and had no intention of living there, they could theoretically rescind your PR after the fact.

Given your CRS is 402, unless you believe you are going to get points from another source (another degree, another PNP, job offer) I would recommend you take the OINP PT. They don't seem to offer them for scores less than 400, so you're unlikely to ever get one again. I also doubt that the threshold will ever drop low enough for scores below 400 to get in.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
TheMaze said:
If you receive an ITA without a PNP, you are eligible to land and live anywhere in Canada. If you receive the 600 points from the PNP, you are expected to at least make an effort to land in the province that sponsored you. There possibly could be extenuating circumstances (for instance, you move there, try for 6 months, but can't get a job there) which would allow you to immediately move, but you are expected to at least make an effort to move to the province that sponsored you. That said, once you've settled in that province, you are free to move to other provinces in the future. If the province believes you fraudulently used the PNP and had no intention of living there, they could theoretically rescind your PR after the fact.

Given your CRS is 402, unless you believe you are going to get points from another source (another degree, another PNP, job offer) I would recommend you take the OINP PT. They don't seem to offer them for scores less than 400, so you're unlikely to ever get one again. I also doubt that the threshold will ever drop low enough for scores below 400 to get in.
There is no clarity on this topic to how much you need to satay. dotn misguide someone because it ultimately will affect citizenship.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
@ k0nduire: According to one member who wrote to OINP, OINP replied that PRs are free to move wherever they want. I don't think OINP cares too much if a few nominees slide, since most federal program immigrants go to Ontario anyway. Although during the OINP application, you still have to show your ties/intent to reside in Ontario. What TheMaze replied above was fair, I think.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
There is no clarity on this topic to how much you need to satay. dotn misguide someone because it ultimately will affect citizenship.
There has been enough discussion on this topic. No further clarity required beyond the knowledge that the Canadian Constitution guarantees mobility rights for PRs and citizens. Period.

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Asivad Anac said:
There has been enough discussion on this topic. No further clarity required beyond the knowledge that the Canadian Constitution guarantees mobility rights for PRs and citizens. Period.
+1 to a true representative of Canadian values ... most people seek Canada for the freedom it offers, being bound to a province while you have no job and no prospects is unfair and unjust... and a person cannot be fully blamed for not finding a job, part of the blame goes on the province itself because the province grants the PN after checking his NOC, qualifications, degree, resume..etc and supposedly compares it to the demand in the province.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
k0nduire said:
Hello guys, just want to clarify something.

Does getting an ITA though >450 CRS mean you can land anywhere in Canada
and getting an ITA + a province nomination means you should land in that province?

Just browsing, I got PT Interest from Ontario, CRS 402.
I expect my CRS to go down since I will turn another year this coming March.
It's not looking very well since I read that your CRS should stay at least 400 all throughout the process.

Hi,
I think Asivad and TheMaze said it best, so I won't retread old ground, but I certainly shall give you some advice: accept the OINP invite. Not only do you get your additional 600 points which basically guarantee you an ITA from CIC, but Ontario is also the best province in Canada to go to, economically speaking, and the one with the best job prospects. Accept the invite, apply to Ontario (before your CRS drops below 400, just an FYI), and then apply under EE via the PNP program. It's the best bet for you!

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Just wondering one thing about the OP.

Not to scare them but, as per their timeline mentioned, they got PT notification this month (assume 2nd week of Jan'16) so they can apply by Feb end (latest) and by the time OINP decides to check their application for completeness and issue an AOR won't they hit their coming birthday (supposedly in march) thereby reducing their CRS by 5 points and making them ineligible as a PN applicant?

So the question is even if they apply will OINP issue AOR or return their application saying it's ineligible now.

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
bestofluck said:
Asivad Anac said:
I would argue you are both right and wrong at the same time. Yes, the constitution guarantees mobility, however, it is my understanding that the PR can be rescinded if they believe information was fraudulently provided during the application, which would leave me with this litmus test: If you settle in a province other than the one that nominated you, and Ontario claimed that you fraudulently misled them to get the nomination. Do you have a convincing story you could tell a judge to make them take your side? In my mind, that is the answer to the question.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TheMaze said:
I would argue you are both right and wrong at the same time. Yes, the constitution guarantees mobility, however, it is my understanding that the PR can be rescinded if they believe information was fraudulently provided during the application, which would leave me with this litmus test: If you settle in a province other than the one that nominated you, and Ontario claimed that you fraudulently misled them to get the nomination. Do you have a convincing story you could tell a judge to make them take your side? In my mind, that is the answer to the question.
Cannot be rescinded if you 'land' in that province, activate your PR status, step out of the airport and move to another province. PRs cannot be restrained.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
TheMaze said:
To 'answer the judge' question, i would say I applied for immigration and not for nomination, OINP for example nominated me knowing jolly well what my NOC and score is, and i accepted with my whole hearted intention to immigrate and live there in that province, and subsequently even tried for jobs suitable to me experience and qualification. But if the province doesn't have anything worthwhile to offer me then despite my efforts, i shouldn't be held responsible for that...i what i would say in my defense to the judge.