+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not get Application Number in an email for Online Application

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker
Dear Client,

Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system

To create an account, you need:

• your unique client identifier (UCI);
  • your application number;
  • access to the email address in your application.

I did not get any application number. It's been 3 months since then.

I am worried if my application was incomplete or rejected. For incomplete/rejected application would I have gotten a rejection / incomplete mail from IRCC?

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker
Dear Client,

Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system

To create an account, you need:

• your unique client identifier (UCI);
  • your application number;
  • access to the email address in your application.

I did not get any application number. It's been 3 months since then.

I am worried if my application was incomplete or rejected. For incomplete/rejected application would I have gotten a rejection / incomplete mail from IRCC?
Its likely just a case of undelivered AOR.

Call IRCC and in the past they were able to provide the application number by phone.

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Its likely just a case of undelivered AOR.

Call IRCC and in the past they were able to provide the application number by phone.
I tried contacting them by phone so many times. I am getting "we are unable to transfer due to high call volumes"
I created a webform asking them to give me the application number. Hopefully they will respond. I am hoping that there are no issues with my application and incase there are I am hoping that they will respond and let me know..

Should I send in a paper application just in case?

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I tried contacting them by phone so many times. I am getting "we are unable to transfer due to high call volumes"
I created a webform asking them to give me the application number. Hopefully they will respond. I am hoping that there are no issues with my application and incase there are I am hoping that they will respond and let me know..

Should I send in a paper application just in case?
If I were you I'd just contact IRCC again at early morning hours. People have been able to get in touch after multiple attempts. You can search the forum using the search option for further details.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2021-citizenship-applicants.733273/post-10152217

You can also create a webform https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp?v2 but everyone creates a webform for all kinds of stuff and the system is so overloaded all legitimate queries are also getting the template response. But you could still try. You need to provide UCI so they can identify you.

Last edited:

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
I was finally able to get hold the IRCC. I followed the script below which I found on this site. I hope it helps.
The webform wasn't useful. They gave a generic response.

I got the application number from IRCC and was able to login. Everything is in progress. No issues. Keeping fingers crossed and hopefully everything should work out fine.

Call 1 888 242 2100
Dial 1
Your UCI then #
Press 1, 1, 1, 4 in quick succession, each time waiting to be taken to the next prompt
Now listen a bit. When prompted,
Press 1, 1 in quick succession, again till you are taken to the next prompt.
You will hear - High number of callers or you are in queue. If former, follow above steps. Else, you should be able to speak.
Had to speak to 4-5 different agents - no clarity unfortunately.
Good luck.

Reactions: RMinna and iceman55

Waynerooney

Nov 17, 2023
I was finally able to get hold the IRCC. I followed the script below which I found on this site. I hope it helps.
The webform wasn't useful. They gave a generic response.

I got the application number from IRCC and was able to login. Everything is in progress. No issues. Keeping fingers crossed and hopefully everything should work out fine.

Call 1 888 242 2100
Dial 1
Your UCI then #
Press 1, 1, 1, 4 in quick succession, each time waiting to be taken to the next prompt
Now listen a bit. When prompted,
Press 1, 1 in quick succession, again till you are taken to the next prompt.
You will hear - High number of callers or you are in queue. If former, follow above steps. Else, you should be able to speak.
Had to speak to 4-5 different agents - no clarity unfortunately.
Good luck.
what happened here/how did it get solved, I’m in the same boat…

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
what happened here/how did it get solved, I’m in the same boat…
I called them and got hold of them. They gave the information over the phone. They told me they sent the email but it did not get delivered.
I tried multiple times to call them and then they finally picked..

Waynerooney

Nov 17, 2023
I called them and got hold of them. They gave the information over the phone. They told me they sent the email but it did not get delivered.
I tried multiple times to call them and then they finally picked..
Thanks for replying! I tried calling and the agent just said we don’t see the application just wait for the AOR even though I tried to explain that I have an email saying the application was created and I can log in to the tracker now - just kept saying wait for AOR lol. Any way in particular you explained the situation?