+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA. Will I be able to apply for Canada.

Onlybebs

Jul 25, 2019
Thank you for your response. Just to be clear, when you say fully declare, what do you mean? In my application I stated how long we were in the country and that we were deported after our asylum application was denied. I didn't explain what made us seek asylum there as my parents never told me. Is this OK? Thank you again for your help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your response. Just to be clear, when you say fully declare, what do you mean? In my application I stated how long we were in the country and that we were deported after our asylum application was denied. I didn't explain what made us seek asylum there as my parents never told me. Is this OK? Thank you again for your help.
Should be fine.

Aug 13, 2019
Hey i was deported from the United States and would like to visit Canada. I was deported because of overstaying without a visa, i was charged with 6 felonies last year but all of the charges ended up getting dismissed & i wasn’t convicted of anything, but because of my immigration status i was deported, i would like to know if i am admissible to Canada? Get back to me as soon as possible please and thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey i was deported from the United States and would like to visit Canada. I was deported because of overstaying without a visa, i was charged with 6 felonies last year but all of the charges ended up getting dismissed & i wasn’t convicted of anything, but because of my immigration status i was deported, i would like to know if i am admissible to Canada? Get back to me as soon as possible please and thank you!
Forget about visiting Canada.

Any temporary visa (e.g. visitor visa, work permit, study permit) is going to be refused due to your deportation and the fact you were in the US without status. If you want to come to Canada, you will have to qualify and apply to immigrate. Make sure you are 100% honest about your immigration and criminal history in the application.

Reactions: Robert Douglas
Aug 13, 2019
Forget about visiting Canada.

Any temporary visa (e.g. visitor visa, work permit, study permit) is going to be refused due to your deportation and the fact you were in the US without status. If you want to come to Canada, you will have to qualify and apply to immigrate. Make sure you are 100% honest about your immigration and criminal history in the application.
Thank you for the quick response.
How does one qualify to immigrate to Canada & how long does the application process usually take from the point when you apply to when they approve you or not?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the quick response.
How does one qualify to immigrate to Canada & how long does the application process usually take from the point when you apply to when they approve you or not?
You'll need to dedicated time to researching Canada's immigration programs. There are various streams - each with their own requirements. Recommend you start by researching the Express Entry program. This is a points-based program - right now you need 460+ points to be selected out of the pool. Points are awarded based on level of education, skilled work experience, age, language abilities and other factors. Info below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

In terms of time, you would need 3-6 months to prepare before applying (complete a language test, have your education assessed, etc.). Then you would wait to be selected. Once selected, processing times are anywhere from a few months to well over a year.

Reactions: Robert Douglas
Aug 13, 2019
You'll need to dedicated time to researching Canada's immigration programs. There are various streams - each with their own requirements. Recommend you start by researching the Express Entry program. This is a points-based program - right now you need 460+ points to be selected out of the pool. Points are awarded based on level of education, skilled work experience, age, language abilities and other factors. Info below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

In terms of time, you would need 3-6 months to prepare before applying (complete a language test, have your education assessed, etc.). Then you would wait to be selected. Once selected, processing times are anywhere from a few months to well over a year.
Thank you very much for that information! It was very helpfull

Osvaldomsft

Aug 27, 2019
Hey Hows it going I Have a quick Question Im planning on visiting canada soon I Applied for the ETA And was approved a Few months back When I was a Minor. I Did not get to fly there Unfortunately and and my Current passport linked to that ETA is currently Expired I Plan On Renewing My Passport and reapplying for the ETA The Thing is Recently like 2 or 3 months ago i got deported from the USA as a minor im currently now 18 and My question is will it affect me trying to renew my ETA with The new passport i will be getting?? I have a Clean record never been Arrested for any crime inside the US or anywhere untill This deportation i just got recently before i turned 18 and When it happened when I already had The ETA Scince I Got deported I did not fly there and my passport expired

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey Hows it going I Have a quick Question Im planning on visiting canada soon I Applied for the ETA And was approved a Few months back When I was a Minor. I Did not get to fly there Unfortunately and and my Current passport linked to that ETA is currently Expired I Plan On Renewing My Passport and reapplying for the ETA The Thing is Recently like 2 or 3 months ago i got deported from the USA as a minor im currently now 18 and My question is will it affect me trying to renew my ETA with The new passport i will be getting?? I have a Clean record never been Arrested for any crime inside the US or anywhere untill This deportation i just got recently before i turned 18 and When it happened when I already had The ETA Scince I Got deported I did not fly there and my passport expired
Yes your deportation will sureLy affect your chances of being able to visit Canada. The US and Canada share immigration information.

Sarafiaz27

Sep 14, 2019
Hi I was deported from Canada five years ago and I have life time ban.I have been working in my country( India) as a flight attendant now the airline start operating flights from my country to Canada my question is since I have life time ban do I still need ARC to enter Canada or I can fly as a crew ?All crew members don’t need visa and fly with general declaration.I have not told any of my employee about deportation so is it okay if I just go there as a crew member or the cbsa or immigration official can find out about my deportation and deport me again ? I have new passport now can someone please let me know.

Thanks

Sarafiaz27

Sep 14, 2019
The deportation isn't a problem. The misdemeanours quite possibly are and it's possible you may be inadmissible to Canada. You should read up on inadmissibilty here and what you will have to do to overcome it (if you are in fact inadmissible): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/

Yes - when you apply you must mention your residency in the US. Yes - you must also mention your record. If you fail to mention your record - CIC will still find out about it as part of the background/security check and will then refuse you and ban you from Canada for 5 years for misrepresentation.

Sarafiaz27

Sep 14, 2019
The deportation isn't a problem. The misdemeanours quite possibly are and it's possible you may be inadmissible to Canada. You should read up on inadmissibilty here and what you will have to do to overcome it (if you are in fact inadmissible): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/

Yes - when you apply you must mention your residency in the US. Yes - you must also mention your record. If you fail to mention your record - CIC will still find out about it as part of the background/security check and will then refuse you and ban you from Canada for 5 years for misrepresentation.
Hi can you please reply me as well please I was deported from Canada five years ago and I have life time ban.I have been working in my country( India) as a flight attendant now the airline start operating flights from my country to Canada my question is since I have life time ban do I still need ARC to enter Canada or I can fly as a crew ?All crew members don’t need visa and fly with general declaration.I have not told any of my employee about deportation so is it okay if I just go there as a crew member or the cbsa or immigration official can find out about my deportation and deport me again ? I have new passport now can someone please let me know.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi can you please reply me as well please I was deported from Canada five years ago and I have life time ban.I have been working in my country( India) as a flight attendant now the airline start operating flights from my country to Canada my question is since I have life time ban do I still need ARC to enter Canada or I can fly as a crew ?All crew members don’t need visa and fly with general declaration.I have not told any of my employee about deportation so is it okay if I just go there as a crew member or the cbsa or immigration official can find out about my deportation and deport me again ? I have new passport now can someone please let me know.
CBSA will stll know about your deportation even if you have a new passport. A new passport doesn't magically make your immigration history disappear. Yes - you need an ARC to be able to enter Canada. You should apply as soon as possible since processing times can be quite long.

Reactions: Bornlucky

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
You want to advise your crew scheduling ASAP that you have a limitation on what country you can travel too. If you don't, and you are scheduled for a trip to Canada, this can cause your outbound trip to be cancelled, if you are below the minimum staffing, if you are pulled by immigration by trying to enter Canada and you KNEW that you had a ban.
When I worked at the airport, a crew member inbound from the USA, had a DUI on their record, they did not advise crew sked, they were stopped, turned around, and sent out on the first available trip back to the USA, the trip they were supposed to be working outbound was then cancelled. It was not a good situation.
It is YOUR responsibility to advise your airline what limitations you have on your file, it is NOT their responsibility to find out, after the fact
Crew members to my knowledge are supposed to have no limitations what so ever on what countries they can travel too, even if the airline at that time did not fly to that particular country. Why did you not tell the airline when you went thru the vetting process to be a F/A five years ago ??

Sarafiaz27

Sep 14, 2019
CBSA will stll know about your deportation even if you have a new passport. A new passport doesn't magically make your immigration history disappear. Yes - you need an ARC to be able to enter Canada. You should apply as soon as possible since processing times can be quite long.
even if it’s work related? Airline will have general declaration and I will return after a day, in next flight. I have been to USA and only our passport was scanned at kiosk machine I do have charges against me when I was deported. I thought working in a airline will allow me to enter Canada as the airline always give declaration that all crew would leave that country in timely manner.