+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA. Will I be able to apply for Canada.

Discussion in 'General - All Canadian Immigration' started by Nadeem khan, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Thank you for your response. Just to be clear, when you say fully declare, what do you mean? In my application I stated how long we were in the country and that we were deported after our asylum application was denied. I didn't explain what made us seek asylum there as my parents never told me. Is this OK? Thank you again for your help.

2. Should be fine.

3. Hey i was deported from the United States and would like to visit Canada. I was deported because of overstaying without a visa, i was charged with 6 felonies last year but all of the charges ended up getting dismissed & i wasn’t convicted of anything, but because of my immigration status i was deported, i would like to know if i am admissible to Canada? Get back to me as soon as possible please and thank you!

4. Forget about visiting Canada.

Any temporary visa (e.g. visitor visa, work permit, study permit) is going to be refused due to your deportation and the fact you were in the US without status. If you want to come to Canada, you will have to qualify and apply to immigrate. Make sure you are 100% honest about your immigration and criminal history in the application.

Robert Douglas likes this.
  5. Thank you for the quick response.
    How does one qualify to immigrate to Canada & how long does the application process usually take from the point when you apply to when they approve you or not?

6. You'll need to dedicated time to researching Canada's immigration programs. There are various streams - each with their own requirements. Recommend you start by researching the Express Entry program. This is a points-based program - right now you need 460+ points to be selected out of the pool. Points are awarded based on level of education, skilled work experience, age, language abilities and other factors. Info below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

In terms of time, you would need 3-6 months to prepare before applying (complete a language test, have your education assessed, etc.). Then you would wait to be selected. Once selected, processing times are anywhere from a few months to well over a year.

Robert Douglas likes this.
  7. Thank you very much for that information! It was very helpfull