+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA. Will I be able to apply for Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello, all. My name is John, and I live in USA, but as a greencard holder. I may end up deported from USA for an arrest in 1995. I received adjudication withheld, but means nothing for immigration. The arrest was possession of narcotic with intent to sell. Served 18 months probation successfully.

My question is, I do not have a passport, never had one, But I wanted to apply for rehabilitation in hopes of moving my wife and two young sons to Canada. I have a great job in Telecommunications (At&t), and my wife and I are both college graduates.

Am I eligible?
Hi

No one can tell you if you qualify. You need to research Canada's immigration programs. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

You require a passport to immigrate.

Reactions: visatest

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, all. My name is John, and I live in USA, but as a greencard holder. I may end up deported from USA for an arrest in 1995. I received adjudication withheld, but means nothing for immigration. The arrest was possession of narcotic with intent to sell. Served 18 months probation successfully.

My question is, I do not have a passport, never had one, But I wanted to apply for rehabilitation in hopes of moving my wife and two young sons to Canada. I have a great job in Telecommunications (At&t), and my wife and I are both college graduates.

Am I eligible?
You can certainly apply for rehabilitation - however you need a valid passport to do so. If rehabilitation is approved, you can then apply to immigrate to Canada.

First step is to get a valid passport. You can't do anything until you've done that.

Jcbk101

Nov 29, 2018
What is your nationality? Be interested to know if you are not from the US, how you got there without a passport.
Nice and quick here. I like that.

Anyway. I arrived here from Bahanas at the age of 2 or 3, in 1979. My parents and I received asylum from Reagan in the 80's. I have been here about 40 years. My parents were born im Haiti, I was borm im Bahamas. I assume that makes me whatever my parents are.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Anyway. I arrived here from Bahanas at the age of 2 or 3, in 1979. My parents and I received asylum from Reagan in the 80's. I have been here about 40 years. My parents were born im Haiti, I was borm im Bahamas. I assume that makes me whatever my parents are.
You need a passport. You can't start anything until you have a valid one. Once you have a valid passport, you need to apply for rehab.

Your age will work against you when it comes to immigrating - however that doesn't mean it cannot be done. Recommend you start by researching the Express Entry program to understand what it takes to qualify and how to apply. This is a points-based system where those with the most points are selected out of the pool. Right now you need to have over 440 points to be selected. Details here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Jcbk101

Nov 29, 2018
You can certainly apply for rehabilitation - however you need a valid passport to do so. If rehabilitation is approved, you can then apply to immigrate to Canada.

First step is to get a valid passport. You can't do anything until you've done that.
Thank you. I am afraid to apply for a passport at the moment because that allows Uscis to deport me without signing to request travel documents.

I wanted to fight as long as I could, but do not want to use all of my money doing so.

One of my real concerns is, would a company offer me employment there?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020

Was just wondering. As the above posters, you need to get yourself a valid passport first.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. I am afraid to apply for a passport at the moment because that allows Uscis to deport me without signing to request travel documents.

I wanted to fight as long as I could, but do not want to use all of my money doing so.

One of my real concerns is, would a company offer me employment there?
Assume that obtaining a job offer won't be possible until you are a permanent resident of Canada. It's practically impossible to find employers willing to go through the process of hiring a foreign worker since it's so long and expensive with no guarantee of approval (and requires the employer to prove that no Canadian could be found for the role). If you're going to apply to immigrate, you'll need to qualify without having a job offer in Canada.

Once you are a permanent resident, this will change since you will no longer require a work permit to be employed. So much easier then. What kind of job you'll end up finding is of course not something any of us can predict.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Did you plead guilty for your offense in 1995 in exchange for the adjudication withheld finding? Was the probation a condition for your adjudication withheld finding and did you serve or pay an other sentence/fine in relation to this offense?

Reactions: tobs

Kofi Asabere

Dec 15, 2018
I entered America on August 28, 2009 on an F1 VISA to go East Tennessee State University but I couldn't stay in the school because of some financial problems. I moved to Worcester Massachusetts and got married to an American woman on February 22, 2001 after which she applied for a green card for me. My application was denied because they were able to prove that I didn't enter the marriage in good faith but I wasn't charged. I got married again in July 2013 and applied for green card for the second time but I was denied again with their reason being that my first marriage was fake and in deed it was fake. They got the girl to give them an audio testimony to which they gave me a transcript of it. A judge ordered for my deportation from the US in March 2016. I was supposed to report to ICE in 90 days but I didn't because I was afraid. I finally left the US on July 24th , 2018 on my own to my country Ghana. So I theoretically have any chance of entering Canada? I was never charged for fake marriage and I also owe a lot on private student loans because I can't afford to make payments with the little money I make working in Ghana.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I would say your chances are virtually zero. The US and Canada share immigration info, so they will know you entered into at least 1 fake marriage (sounds like two to me), so that you could get a green card. The fact you didn't report to the US immigration, is another black mark. You would have no credibility in applying for any visa in my opinion.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I entered America on August 28, 2009 on an F1 VISA to go East Tennessee State University but I couldn't stay in the school because of some financial problems. I moved to Worcester Massachusetts and got married to an American woman on February 22, 2001 after which she applied for a green card for me. My application was denied because they were able to prove that I didn't enter the marriage in good faith but I wasn't charged. I got married again in July 2013 and applied for green card for the second time but I was denied again with their reason being that my first marriage was fake and in deed it was fake. They got the girl to give them an audio testimony to which they gave me a transcript of it. A judge ordered for my deportation from the US in March 2016. I was supposed to report to ICE in 90 days but I didn't because I was afraid. I finally left the US on July 24th , 2018 on my own to my country Ghana. So I theoretically have any chance of entering Canada? I was never charged for fake marriage and I also owe a lot on private student loans because I can't afford to make payments with the little money I make working in Ghana.
Your chances of getting any sort of temporary visa approved to Canada (e.g. study permit, work permit, visitor visa) are almost certainly nil based on your immigration history in the US.

You can apply to immigrate through an economic immigration program provided you meet program requirements. Note that you generally need to have around $15K in savings to qualify since you need money to establish yourself in Canada. Information about Canada's immigration programs can be found here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

Based on the information provided, you have a lifetime ban from the US for misrepresentation. If you are able to immigrate to Canada, it will still most likely not be possible to return to the US (even as a visitor).

Kofi Asabere

Dec 15, 2018
Thank you for your swift response. Just to clarify things, the USCIS did admit that my second marriage was genuine which is true. Is there any time period after which I can stand a chance of ever applying for a Canadian visa? I know the US has a ten year window. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your swift response. Just to clarify things, the USCIS did admit that my second marriage was genuine which is true. Is there any time period after which I can stand a chance of ever applying for a Canadian visa? I know the US has a ten year window. Thank you.
The issue is your first marriage. If this was flagged as a sham marriage, you most likely have a lifetime ban from the US for misrepresentation.

The answer for Canada is not black and white. I would say that you want to establish very very strong ties to your home country before you attempt to apply for any sort of temporary visa to Canada. I would give it at least five years given your immigration history in the US. That may be enough or it may not be. Again, you can apply now to immigrate to Canada if you meet the requirements. Provided you are 100% honest about your immigration history you can still be approved for PR to Canada.

Simin77

May 14, 2018
In EE travel history section it ask for 10 year, my spouse went to UK in 2003, then he come for visit home country 2005. Went back again UK 2005 , then finally come back on 2010. Now my question is should I include travel history from 2003 till now? And include all trips to & from UK. OR just list last 10 year which would be 1 trip only in 2010. Please advice on this. TIA

Stickybun23

Jan 12, 2019
Hi, I know someone who has order of deportation here in the USA. They have done nothing wrong and always pay their taxes, bills, everything is good. Will they be allowed to have a chance to go to Canada and apply for a visa?