+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA. Will I be able to apply for Canada.

oneindianguy

Oct 10, 2018
As a result of your crime, you will have to apply for rehabilitation before you can apply for a visitor visa to Canada. How long ago did you complete your parole and probation?
It never get to complete cause i was sent back to India.
and whats rehabilitation .. whats the process of it ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It never get to complete cause i was sent back to India.
and whats rehabilitation .. whats the process of it ?
If you never completed your probation, then I'm not sure how your application will be handled. You can only apply for rehabilitation once five years have passed since you successfully completed probation / parole. If you weren't able to do this, I'm not sure what IRCC will do. I guess you can submit a rehabilitation application and see what happens. Note that processing times for a rehabilitation application are typically anywhere from a few months to over a year.

Information about the rehabilitation process can be found below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5312-rehabilitation-persons-inadmissible-canada-past-criminal-activity.html

Attaj

Oct 10, 2018
Hi guys,Im from india and was deported from the us last year because my student visa had expired.I had a domestic violence charge which was entiely dismissed and i have prove of that.i would like to apply for a canada work visa.Do you guys think I'm gonna be refused because of my deportation from the usa.i have no criminal record

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,Im from india and was deported from the us last year because my student visa had expired.I had a domestic violence charge which was entiely dismissed and i have prove of that.i would like to apply for a canada work visa.Do you guys think I'm gonna be refused because of my deportation from the usa.i have no criminal record
Yes - any sort of temporary visa to Canada (e.g. work permit, study permit, visitor visa) has a very high chance of refusal. You would be better off focusing on applying to immigrate.

oneindianguy

Oct 10, 2018
If you never completed your probation, then I'm not sure how your application will be handled. You can only apply for rehabilitation once five years have passed since you successfully completed probation / parole. If you weren't able to do this, I'm not sure what IRCC will do. I guess you can submit a rehabilitation application and see what happens. Note that processing times for a rehabilitation application are typically anywhere from a few months to over a year.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5312-rehabilitation-persons-inadmissible-canada-past-criminal-activity.html
Probation wasnt applicable cause i was deported. I asked the parol officer when they put me in detention before deportation e said your file will be closed now. i did check in the sexual assault database my name isnt there anymore. its 9 years from the conviction date now and 7 nd half years since the deportation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Probation wasnt applicable cause i was deported. I asked the parol officer when they put me in detention before deportation e said your file will be closed now. i did check in the sexual assault database my name isnt there anymore. its 9 years from the conviction date now and 7 nd half years since the deportation.
If probation wasn't applicable, then you should qualify to apply for rehabilitation. I would apply as soon as possible. Processing times can be very long. Good luck.

oneindianguy

Oct 10, 2018

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello
what if i want to get transit visa for Canada. As i will have layover at Toronto when i travel the Caribbean Islands.

thanks
You must successfully complete rehabilitation first. You cannot enter Canada (including transit through Canada) while inadmissible.

Simin77

May 14, 2018
Hello, please advice on following issue- secondary applicant had overstay in UK for 5 years, he then left country voluntary , got clean PCC , the question is, in the personal history section should he write he was working while was overstay? He actually was working 2 years with tax paid and 2 years just cash in hand. Will CIC check the tax reference to find if he was working that time of overstay? What he should do ? If mention he was working illegaly will that affect PR application ?Please advice on this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello, please advice on following issue- secondary applicant had overstay in UK for 5 years, he then left country voluntary , got clean PCC , the question is, in the personal history section should he write he was working while was overstay? He actually was working 2 years with tax paid and 2 years just cash in hand. Will CIC check the tax reference to find if he was working that time of overstay? What he should do ? If mention he was working illegaly will that affect PR application ?Please advice on this.
Yes, he needs to disclose that he was working illegally. It will not affect the app.

Simin77

May 14, 2018
Yes, he needs to disclose that he was working illegally. It will not affect the app.
Thank you, so I will just write LOE and mention he had overstay?
Also, his education finished at 2005, not doing eca for it. Should I mention it in education history with NO ECA ? Thanks

Jcbk101

Nov 29, 2018
Hello, all. My name is John, and I live in USA, but as a greencard holder. I may end up deported from USA for an arrest in 1995. I received adjudication withheld, but means nothing for immigration. The arrest was possession of narcotic with intent to sell. Served 18 months probation successfully.

My question is, I do not have a passport, never had one, But I wanted to apply for rehabilitation in hopes of moving my wife and two young sons to Canada. I have a great job in Telecommunications (At&t), and my wife and I are both college graduates.

Am I eligible?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
What is your nationality? Be interested to know if you are not from the US, how you got there without a passport.