+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA. Will I be able to apply for Canada.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi, I know someone who has order of deportation here in the USA. They have done nothing wrong and always pay their taxes, bills, everything is good. Will they be allowed to have a chance to go to Canada and apply for a visa?
Hi, you don't really provide much information but to say that a person has been ordered deported while doing nothing wrong won't make sense to people in the immigration world. A person who, for example, overstays their legal right to remain in a country has done something wrong, so receiving a deportation order establishes that something isn't right and therefore the person did something wrong. It is expensive to look for people, detain and then deport them.

It is a common misconception that it is a striking positive when a person pays their taxes, or isn't a criminal - this is simply expected of everyone.

Reactions: Buletruck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I know someone who has order of deportation here in the USA. They have done nothing wrong and always pay their taxes, bills, everything is good. Will they be allowed to have a chance to go to Canada and apply for a visa?
They can apply to immigrate if they qualify.

However you should assume that any sort of temporary visa (e.g. tourist visa, study permit, work permit) will be refused.

Stickybun23

Jan 12, 2019
Oh okay. Like I said before, the only wrong thing this person did was overstay their right in this country despite the order of deportation they recieved. Other than that, the person has done everything right, has a clean record, and has never interfered with the law. The reason why was because of her child. Everyone wants the best for their children. A better future and a better opportunity. She stayed here for her child. The consequences of this? 27 years have passed since not seeing her parents, and they both passed away. Now her brothers remain. That`s why I was wondering if maybe she went to Canada, despite her present order of deportation she has, maybe she could be permitted to have a visa in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh okay. Like I said before, the only wrong thing this person did was overstay their right in this country despite the order of deportation they recieved. Other than that, the person has done everything right, has a clean record, and has never interfered with the law. The reason why was because of her child. Everyone wants the best for their children. A better future and a better opportunity. She stayed here for her child. The consequences of this? 27 years have passed since not seeing her parents, and they both passed away. Now her brothers remain. That`s why I was wondering if maybe she went to Canada, despite her present order of deportation she has, maybe she could be permitted to have a visa in Canada.
Again, the only option would be to apply to immigrate to Canada if this person qualifies. They will have to research Canada's economic immigration programs (like Express Entry) to determine what it takes to qualify and apply.

Any sort of temporary visa is out of the question.

Reactions: Buletruck

Simin77

May 14, 2018
A moment ago
Hi, I travel to UK first at 2003 then again to 2005 and finally come back at 2010. Now on my travel history from last 10 year should I start from 2003 or 2005? Both year would be more than 10 years, but I have to declare it so can I start from 2003 or 2005? I went there on study visa. Please advice.

oluwa.seun

Aug 8, 2018
Hello I have a question, I was previously a student in Canada holding valid study permit for 5 years before I was required to withdraw from school. After being required to withdraw from school I panicked and didn’t know what to do and during that period I overstayed my study permit for 7 months. Since then I have been in my home country for over a year now, I applied for a study permit before I had spent a year in my home country and I got denied on the basis of purpose of visit and travel history. I have been granted admission back to the same Univeristy for a different program and I plan on applying for a study permit soon but I am looking for suggestion on reasonable ways or points I could bring up to prove strong home ties and commitment as a student to the Visa Officer considering my history of being required to withdraw from a Canadian University and my Overstay.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello I have a question, I was previously a student in Canada holding valid study permit for 5 years before I was required to withdraw from school. After being required to withdraw from school I panicked and didn’t know what to do and during that period I overstayed my study permit for 7 months. Since then I have been in my home country for over a year now, I applied for a study permit before I had spent a year in my home country and I got denied on the basis of purpose of visit and travel history. I have been granted admission back to the same Univeristy for a different program and I plan on applying for a study permit soon but I am looking for suggestion on reasonable ways or points I could bring up to prove strong home ties and commitment as a student to the Visa Officer considering my history of being required to withdraw from a Canadian University and my Overstay.
Your chances are low at this point. Why were you required to withdraw? "I panicked" really doesn't justify a 7 month overstay. Did you work illegally during that time?

oluwa.seun

Aug 8, 2018
Your chances are low at this point. Why were you required to withdraw? "I panicked" really doesn't justify a 7 month overstay. Did you work illegally during that time?
Can you please clarify what you mean by my chances are low at this point ?

And what I mean by I panicked was that I didn’t get appropriate advice from an immigration official about options I had then i.e. getting admission to another school and then using that to extend my study permit. Instead I tried applying for restoration of my study permit and then subsequently missed the deadline for application.

Nope I did not work illegally during the period

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can you please clarify what you mean by my chances are low at this point ?

And what I mean by I panicked was that I didn’t get appropriate advice from an immigration official about options I had then i.e. getting admission to another school and then using that to extend my study permit. Instead I tried applying for restoration of my study permit and then subsequently missed the deadline for application.

Nope I did not work illegally during the period
What needs to be clarified? Low chances of approval.

Why were you required to withdraw?

Provide a complete timeline.

Onlybebs

Jul 25, 2019
Hi, I was deported at the age of 16/17 from a European country after my parent's failed asylum bid. I'm now applying FOR Canadian PR with my wife who's the principal applicant. I included the deportation information in our application. Does my parents deportation make them inadmissible to Canada and if so does that also make me inadmissible even though I was underage at the time?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I was deported at the age of 16/17 from a European country after my parent's failed asylum bid. I'm now applying FOR Canadian PR with my wife who's the principal applicant. I included the deportation information in our application. Does my parents deportation make them inadmissible to Canada and if so does that also make me inadmissible even though I was underage at the time?
No. As long as you fully declared the deportation, it's fine.