+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA. Will I be able to apply for Canada.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
even if it’s work related? Airline will have general declaration and I will return after a day, in next flight. I have been to USA and only our passport was scanned at kiosk machine I do have charges against me when I was deported. I thought working in a airline will allow me to enter Canada as the airline always give declaration that all crew would leave that country in timely manner.
The airline's declaration doesn't count for much when you've been deported previously - and with a lifetime ban. That means that Canada has said that you are NOT allowed to enter the country. Working for an airline will not change this. You need to inform your airline, or else you risk being deported again, and possibly getting into major trouble with your employer.

The only route available to you is-

1. Apply for an get an ARC. This may well be possible - here's where your job + airline declaration may help.

Reactions: Sarafiaz27

Sarafiaz27

Sep 14, 2019
You want to advise your crew scheduling ASAP that you have a limitation on what country you can travel too. If you don't, and you are scheduled for a trip to Canada, this can cause your outbound trip to be cancelled, if you are below the minimum staffing, if you are pulled by immigration by trying to enter Canada and you KNEW that you had a ban.
When I worked at the airport, a crew member inbound from the USA, had a DUI on their record, they did not advise crew sked, they were stopped, turned around, and sent out on the first available trip back to the USA, the trip they were supposed to be working outbound was then cancelled. It was not a good situation.
It is YOUR responsibility to advise your airline what limitations you have on your file, it is NOT their responsibility to find out, after the fact
Crew members to my knowledge are supposed to have no limitations what so ever on what countries they can travel too, even if the airline at that time did not fly to that particular country. Why did you not tell the airline when you went thru the vetting process to be a F/A five years ago ??
They just started operating flights to Canada and I am scheduled I really want to go back there. I will apply for ARC. But if I choose not to tell my airline how would Canadian immigration will find out I have lifetime ban because we won’t go through immigration.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
They just started operating flights to Canada and I am scheduled I really want to go back there. I will apply for ARC. But if I choose not to tell my airline how would Canadian immigration will find out I have lifetime ban because we won’t go through immigration.
Of course you go through immigration. You think airline crew just are allowed into any country without going through immigration?

Crew have separate lanes/machines/procedures, but of course you go through immigration to enter Canada.

Heck, even the Prime Minister of India (or any country) would go through immigration. The only people who do not go through immigration in Canada are the Queen of England and her family.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I would recommend you be really careful. Presumably you like your job and don't want to lose it. This is the kind of thing that can lead to losing your job.

Your airline is certain to have in-house legal help/immigration help. Talk to them. Don't just show up here and get deported again.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
even if it’s work related? Airline will have general declaration and I will return after a day, in next flight. I have been to USA and only our passport was scanned at kiosk machine I do have charges against me when I was deported. I thought working in a airline will allow me to enter Canada as the airline always give declaration that all crew would leave that country in timely manner.
So you are saying that unlike most other crew in the world you do not need combination of b1/b2 and c/d visas to enter the US as crew ? Even visa waiver country crew require these visas to enter as crew.

In any case being allowed into US is not relevant, you are not admissible to Canada and I guess if you want to keep your job you need to tell your employer before you get fired.

As for changing passport just keep in mind that unless you changed your name,DOB, country then you will likely show up on the database whether you use a kiosk or not.

Sarafiaz27

Sep 14, 2019
So you are saying that unlike most other crew in the world you do not need combination of b1/b2 and c/d visas to enter the US as crew ? Even visa waiver country crew require these visas to enter as crew.

In any case being allowed into US is not relevant, you are not admissible to Canada and I guess if you want to keep your job you need to tell your employer before you get fired.
I would recommend you be really careful. Presumably you like your job and don't want to lose it. This is the kind of thing that can lead to losing your job.

Your airline is certain to have in-house legal help/immigration help. Talk to them. Don't just show up here and get deported again.
Okay thank you so much for your reply.

Sarafiaz27

Sep 14, 2019
The airline's declaration doesn't count for much when you've been deported previously - and with a lifetime ban. That means that Canada has said that you are NOT allowed to enter the country. Working for an airline will not change this. You need to inform your airline, or else you risk being deported again, and possibly getting into major trouble with your employer.

The only route available to you is-

1. Apply for an get an ARC. This may well be possible - here's where your job + airline declaration may help.
Okay I will apply for an ARC. Thanks

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Of course you go through immigration. You think airline crew just are allowed into any country without going through immigration?

Crew have separate lanes/machines/procedures, but of course you go through immigration to enter Canada.

Heck, even the Prime Minister of India (or any country) would go through immigration. The only people who do not go through immigration in Canada are the Queen of England and her family.
I worked at Pearson for course to three decades , you would not believe things
One crew from the states had bought on the black market a Green Card
Assigned to trip to Canada. Went thru US immigration. Stopped . Put into detention. After a long time , she was deported back to her home country
Some crew I’ve encountered felt they were above the law.
One pilot refused to get off the airplane as requested by the CBSA.
No problem they told me . They came and impounded the aircraft. As I told the captain, in the air, the plane is yours , on the ground , you’ll do as your advised by the Government

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No problem they told me . They came and impounded the aircraft. As I told the captain, in the air, the plane is yours , on the ground , you’ll do as your advised by the Government
That's hilarious. He physically refused to leave his plane?? I know this is getting offtopic, but I want to know more about this!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
That's hilarious. He physically refused to leave his plane?? I know this is getting offtopic, but I want to know more about this!
There’s a rule for crew that do turns. Plane lands from the states , the crew typically stays on board if they will be on the ground for a certain period of time . However, we had to request it from the CBSA crew desk. They advised me , nope everyone has to get off . I told the Captain, he refused . I relayed the information back to the CBSA. She said cool as a cucumber, “ No problem, plane is now impounded, officers are on the way” I relayed that back to the pilot, he said they can’t do that , I said “ Don’t bet on it . CBSA came , they put yellow tape over the doors , plane ain’t going anywhere. Long story short , our head office got involved, crew desk , ALPA, pilots union , plane finally released with the understanding that when the CBSA gives a directive its to be followed
It was a long day lol, btw I don’t work at the airport anymore , close too three decades was more then enough

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
There’s a rule for crew that do turns. Plane lands from the states , the crew typically stays on board if they will be on the ground for a certain period of time . However, we had to request it from the CBSA crew desk. They advised me , nope everyone has to get off . I told the Captain, he refused . I relayed the information back to the CBSA. She said cool as a cucumber, “ No problem, plane is now impounded, officers are on the way” I relayed that back to the pilot, he said they can’t do that , I said “ Don’t bet on it . CBSA came , they put yellow tape over the doors , plane ain’t going anywhere. Long story short , our head office got involved, crew desk , ALPA, pilots union , plane finally released with the understanding that when the CBSA gives a directive its to be followed
It was a long day lol, btw I don’t work at the airport anymore , close too three decades was more then enough
Thank you for the follow up :) That's a great anecdote.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you spoken with your employer? What do they say?

Sarafiaz27

Sep 14, 2019
I worked at Pearson for course to three decades , you would not believe things
One crew from the states had bought on the black market a Green Card
Assigned to trip to Canada. Went thru US immigration. Stopped . Put into detention. After a long time , she was deported back to her home country
That's hilarious. He physically refused to leave his plane?? I know this is getting offtopic, but I want to know more
Have you spoken with your employer? What do they say?
No,I have not. I don’t want to tell them what if they will fire me . I just wanted to know if I should get ARC or not. I thought it’s been 5 years may be they won’t have my fingerprint or any type of record in system because after some time all record is erased or something and as a flight attendant I can enter with general declaration because this is also a kind of authorization that all crew members will leave that country and CBSA won’t find out about my ban because of my new passport.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No,I have not. I don’t want to tell them what if they will fire me . I just wanted to know if I should get ARC or not. I thought it’s been 5 years may be they won’t have my fingerprint or any type of record in system because after some time all record is erased or something and as a flight attendant I can enter with general declaration because this is also a kind of authorization that all crew members will leave that country and CBSA won’t find out about my ban because of my new passport.
Records are not erased. They are kept in the system forever.