+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2022

davn15

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Anyone applied for Visitor visa for dependent child along with PR application?
Considering PR processing time I have applied for visitor visa as well. I'm getting mixed response from online forums on approval of visitor visa since PR is also in process.

Anyone is going through similar situation?
Hi I had applied for both. I had applied for visitor record in August 2022. And in November 2022 I applied for PR.

My child's visitor record was approved a few days back with a 6 month validity.
PR application status: Medical passed on Feb 17. I didn't hear anything after that.

What mixed response did you hear? Does the PR application get impacted because of visitor record?

Thanks.

dinesh.kumar

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Hi I had applied for both. I had applied for visitor record in August 2022. And in November 2022 I applied for PR.

My child's visitor record was approved a few days back with a 6 month validity.
PR application status: Medical passed on Feb 17. I didn't hear anything after that.

What mixed response did you hear? Does the PR application get impacted because of visitor record?

Thanks.
Chances of getting visitors visa approved is 50/50 and solely depends on case processing team.
In some cases visitors visa and PR gets approved at same time.

what's the average time to receive passport request after medical test?

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
For the dependent child( who is below 1 year) application, as a parent(sponsor) I am filling out the application, do I need to fill out the representative form?

dinesh.kumar

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
For the dependent child( who is below 1 year) application, as a parent(sponsor) I am filling out the application, do I need to fill out the representative form?
sign the use of a representative form by uploading a photo of your signature. Sometimes IRCC agents ask for this form while others do not require it, so it's better to do this to avoid issues.

Reactions: armoured

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
My child is outside Canada, and as the application is now digital, do I need to upload the back of the photo with a stamp? I took the photo from an app

davn15

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Can my child travel outside Canada when PR is in process? Her medical is done and passed. No update for more than a month now.
She has the visitor record for 6 months.
thanks.

dinesh.kumar

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Can my child travel outside Canada when PR is in process? Her medical is done and passed. No update for more than a month now.
She has the visitor record for 6 months.
thanks.
If you have valild Visa, Yes you can travel. When did you complete your child's medical test?

prashh

Oct 28, 2014
anybody in similar situation waiting after medicals done ?

Applied for PR in August 2022 for my daughter
In novemeber application was sent back asking for one more document to be signed, we submitted that
In dec 2022 medical request was received and completed, updated in the portal as medical completed in Jan 2023
Also in december 2022 received letter that I am eligible as sponsor and PR application will be sent for further processing.
No update yet after that

davn15

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
anybody in similar situation waiting after medicals done ?

Applied for PR in August 2022 for my daughter
In novemeber application was sent back asking for one more document to be signed, we submitted that
In dec 2022 medical request was received and completed, updated in the portal as medical completed in Jan 2023
Also in december 2022 received letter that I am eligible as sponsor and PR application will be sent for further processing.
No update yet after that
My child's medical was completed and approved in Feb 2023 but no update after that.

Reactions: prashh

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Joining this thread.

Dependent child sponsorship
Case submitted on 03/24/2023
No further updates yet

With recent trends, can I expect AOR in ~2months?