+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2022

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I am about to apply for PR for my child, using the Online portal. Creating this thread to share the timelines.

Please share yours.

Thanks
As previously noted unless you plan on returning to Canada permanently for approximately the next year you can’t apply. You need to be in Canada when you submit your application.

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
As previously noted unless you plan on returning to Canada permanently for approximately the next year you can’t apply. You need to be in Canada when you submit your application.
Yes, I am planning to come to Canada ASAP. Btw, I created this to track the timelines and get some help from others who are in applying using the new online portal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I am planning to come to Canada ASAP. Btw, I created this to track the timelines and get some help from others who are in applying using the new online portal.
You have very recently asked about whether you actually need to be living in Canada to sponsor when you’ve already been told you have to which is why I responded. Timelines for sponsorship are tough to compare with others. The wait time are less than they were in the past 2 years when it was closer to 1.5-2 years but the immigration system is very overwhelmed so it is longer than it was prepandemic. Would plan for at least a year and if you get it earlier then that’s great.

Reactions: LuckyS

davn15

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hi - I am in process of applying for PR for my daughter. I have a question about the point #6 in the document checklist: "Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada (IMM 5604)"

My spouse, daughter and I moved together from another country. My spouse is not listed as a co-signer because I meet the financial requirements. Do I still need to submit the above form and fill out Section#6?

Appreciate any help.

Thank you.
Davn

Damsel50

Nov 10, 2022
Hello, So I am the applicant in question. My father filed for me, but am unable to link my application to my IRCC. Am unable to track. Is there a reason for that?