+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2022

davn15

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Anyone applied for Visitor visa for dependent child along with PR application?
Considering PR processing time I have applied for visitor visa as well. I'm getting mixed response from online forums on approval of visitor visa since PR is also in process.

Anyone is going through similar situation?
I am in the same situation

dinesh.kumar

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Hi - can you share what does the AoR look like? Does it specifically say "Acknowledgement of Receipt" anywhere in the email? I submitted my application on 22nd Nov and got an email with something like "

"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by CiC on behalf of the following member(s): dependant name."

Thank you.
Yes it's similar email to acknowledge application and includes application No in the subject line.
2 months seems standard time to receive AOR email.

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on <<<Date>>on behalf of the following member(s):

Reactions: davn15

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am in the same situation
Some get approved for TRV, some do not. Some then apply for TRP and that gets approved. Sometimes the PR comes before the TRV/TRP get finalized.

But simple fact: 0% of those who do not apply get TRV or TRP. If you want your child to come earlier, apply.

Reactions: davn15

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Thanks @lucky1324
I was finally able to link my application.
What does the AoR look like? I received an email stating something like this. It does not say Acknowledgement of Receipt anywhere though.

"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by CiC on behalf of the following member(s): dependant name."

Is this AoR?

Thanks.
Davn
How did you link the application?

i tried to use GCkey, then link application, but i try to fill the questions 5 times until system locks me out
what combination of information did u use to link the application?

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Here is our time line, 2 applicants are from Jamaica age 17. There is a 3rd applicant age 20 for which we are still waiting passport request, however she has already received pre arrival.

Paper application sent sept 10
Received sept 13
AOR December 24
Biometrics December
Medical December 31
Medical completed Jan 16
Sponsor approval was mailed to somewhere around Jan 5
Pre arrival Jan 31
Passport request feb 1.

Reactions: dinesh.kumar

davn15

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hi - I got a request for medical on 2nd Feb and completed on 14th Feb for inland dependent sponsorship. What's the next step after getting medical done?
Thank you.

dinesh.kumar

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Thanks. Does my child need to leave Canada and re-enter in this case? Is the visa one entry visit similar to what we got when we got the PR approved from another country?
No need to leave and enter country to do PR flag poling. It can be done inside by booking appointments at authorized CIC centers.

Muhammad Rameez Uddin

Apr 10, 2018
Hi All,

I am about to apply for PR for my child, using the Online portal. Creating this thread to share the timelines.

Please share yours.

Thanks
Hi, Hope all is well. I am in similar boat and want to know if the account in the new PR portal needs to be made in the name of my child or myself?

dinesh.kumar

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Hi - I got a request for medical on 2nd Feb and completed on 14th Feb for inland dependent sponsorship. What's the next step after getting medical done?
Thank you.
You received sponsor eligibility email and medical test request on same day?

dinesh.kumar

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
application timeline so far :
Nov 20- Application Submitted
Jan 2 - Received AOR email
Feb 22 - Sponsor approval email

dinesh.kumar

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
application timeline so far :
Nov 20- Application Submitted