+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
MAILING ADDRESS :
Application for spouses, common-law partners, or conjugal partners outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:

CPC Sydney
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0H5
Canada Post is not a courier, use the PO BOX address one

Anis370

Jan 7, 2021
Hello everyone,

Both me and my wife are PR holders. Newcomers in Montreal. Our baby is here with us on a TRV. I'm about to start his sponsorship application.

I'm looking at the new online tool and I can see an option for "dependent child" under "family class".. Any one here tried submitting online rather than paper based? or am I the first ? :)

I would love to hear some experiences/timelines from those submitting through the online tool please.

Thank you

irine11

May 9, 2019
Timeline Update:
Application received( CPC Sydney, NS)- July 27th
AOR - Aug 25th
SA - Aug 30th
(VO changed to New Delhi)
Medicals Request - Aug 31st
Medicals done - Sep 11
Medicals passed - Sep 12
Pre-Arrival service mail - Sep 17
PPR mail - Sep 21

It took around 56 days (nearly 2 months) for us to get the PPR from the date that application was received by the Visa Sponsorship office.

This forum was really helpful in getting the doubts cleared! Thank you all for your support!

Last edited:

nubeado

May 21, 2021
Timeline Update:
AOR - Aug 25th
SA - Aug 30th
Medicals done - Sep 11
Medicals passed - Sep 12
PPR mail - Sep 21

It took around 56 days (nearly 2 months) for us to get the PPR from the date that application was received by the Visa Sponsorship office.

This forum was really helpful in getting the doubts cleared! Thank you all for your support!
How do you guys know the office? I mean there is nothing in the letters I got or Ecas or any place.

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Just applied by mail in Canada to sponser my child that was born outside Canada, where can I see the progress of my application?

samym

Jun 2, 2014
Our immigration consultant told us about it! He told since baby is in India it will be Delhi VO
Timeline Update:
AOR - Aug 25th
SA - Aug 30th
Medicals done - Sep 11
Medicals passed - Sep 12
PPR mail - Sep 21

Hi, I am preparing to sponsor my child born in India, can you please share your immigration consultant details so that I will consult him

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Hello everyone,

Both me and my wife are PR holders. Newcomers in Montreal. Our baby is here with us on a TRV. I'm about to start his sponsorship application.

I'm looking at the new online tool and I can see an option for "dependent child" under "family class".. Any one here tried submitting online rather than paper based? or am I the first ? :)

I would love to hear some experiences/timelines from those submitting through the online tool please.

Thank you
Hi there,
We are in the process of sponsorship application (online)of my newborn.
I and my husband are PR holders and our baby was born in India. Could you please tell me the procedure to get TRV? I read many stories of TRV rejection.

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Hello everyone

I and my husband are PR holders and our baby was born in India and currently i live here with my baby and my husband is in canada.
In the sponsorship application

am I eligible to become a co-signer if i am not residing in canada during the process ?

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Hi,

I have applied for sponsoring my new born son on April8 19-2021 and so far we only received acknowledgment receipt. I have called IRCC and they said my file is still in Sydney and no updates after that, they also said they are processing in sequence, but i am seeing different cases in the forum. Can anyone share what could be the reason the application is on hold? or if there is any whatsapp group active which i can join to see and share.

Sponsorship

1. We received your application to sponsor ________ on April 19, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 1, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on April 30, 2021.

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Hi,

I have applied for sponsoring my new born son on April8 19-2021 and so far we only received acknowledgment receipt. I have called IRCC and they said my file is still in Sydney and no updates after that, they also said they are processing in sequence, but i am seeing different cases in the forum. Can anyone share what could be the reason the application is on hold? or if there is any whatsapp group active which i can join to see and share.

Sponsorship

1. We received your application to sponsor ________ on April 19, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 1, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on April 30, 2021.
I would encourage you to apply for gcms notes even though it takes up to 30 days to receive them. My experience is this is the only way to get accurate info about why it may be stalled. I am not familiar with any whatsapp group dealing with child sponsorship only spousal sponsorship. Best of luck.