Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
Just checked Gckey and both dependent application approved and counterfoil issued in passport.

sent Application Feb 12 2021 so took 8months.

Reactions: cmcalister

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone

I and my husband are PR holders and our baby was born in India and currently i live here with my baby and my husband is in canada.
In the sponsorship application

am I eligible to become a co-signer if i am not residing in canada during the process ?
No you can’t be a co-signer

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would encourage you to apply for gcms notes even though it takes up to 30 days to receive them. My experience is this is the only way to get accurate info about why it may be stalled. I am not familiar with any whatsapp group dealing with child sponsorship only spousal sponsorship. Best of luck.
Just applied by mail in Canada to sponser my child that was born outside Canada, where can I see the progress of my application?
You can’t yet. Wait until you get AOR although assume you paid for tracking so you know it was delivered.. Then you’ll get request for medical. Process doesn’t really allow you to see progress unless you order GCMS notes. If you are within normal processing times tint just takes time so be patient.

can_asp

May 15, 2021
Hello All, My wife and I are in Canada as PRs and we are sponsoring our child who is also with us. The child is the principal applicant. Since we are already in Canada,
  1. I believe IMM 5604(Declaration from Non-Accompanying parent/guardian for Minors) is not applicable for our case?
  2. Checklist(IMM 5534) says 2 recent photos for each of accompanying family members and applicant required. We will submit the photo for our Child. I believe we don't have to submit the photos of Us also who are the Child's sponsors?
Kindly confirm if our understanding is correct here.

Thanks!

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
I would encourage you to apply for gcms notes even though it takes up to 30 days to receive them. My experience is this is the only way to get accurate info about why it may be stalled. I am not familiar with any whatsapp group dealing with child sponsorship only spousal sponsorship. Best of luck.
Unless you have done medical, notes wont tell you anything you don't already know. I am in the same boat, We applied end of May for dependant child, all is completed up to medical, but they sent it to a VO that is strange for us..... covid or whatever ... And now its just sitting there. I learned with the process for my husband to never compare apps. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope this is completed for all of us waiting soon

Reactions: cmcalister and msb

lekanhamdalat

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Unless you have done medical, notes wont tell you anything you don't already know. I am in the same boat, We applied end of May for dependant child, all is completed up to medical, but they sent it to a VO that is strange for us..... covid or whatever ... And now its just sitting there. I learned with the process for my husband to never compare apps. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope this is completed for all of us waiting soon
I am in the same situation too. Applied in Aug.. Got both approved and medical and transfered to VO by Aug 25. Since then.... Nothing from VO

lekanhamdalat

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
I have a question please. Can one still sponsor a 20 year old child that has no kids of his own but is included in the parents application? Does the child still fall under dependent?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a question please. Can one still sponsor a 20 year old child that has no kids of his own but is included in the parents application? Does the child still fall under dependent?
Short form, yes, as long as application started before 22nd birthday.

Do read the instructions though, there are some other considerations.

Fabia

Apr 26, 2014
Hi Canada visa experts,

I have a 2 questions
  • regarding my Dependent child VISA, we applied and got only AOR so far which we received on April 29 2021. My wife needs to be here in February to resume her work and not sure if I will get my son PR approved before that. should I apply a Visitor visa for my dependent child ?
  • My Wife Last name on her Passport got changed, will it be a problem to travel with different last name on PR card and passport . should i apply for a reissue of PR card or will it be ok to travel. she is currently in INDIA. if we apply for reissue of card the card will arrive here so I'm confused how to do this now
Please help

Thanks