Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Unless you have done medical, notes wont tell you anything you don't already know. I am in the same boat, We applied end of May for dependant child, all is completed up to medical, but they sent it to a VO that is strange for us..... covid or whatever ... And now its just sitting there. I learned with the process for my husband to never compare apps. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope this is completed for all of us waiting soon
Yes exactly eh we know that drill you and I!

jparasu

Oct 2, 2016
Hi Canada visa experts,

I have a 2 questions
  • regarding my Dependent child VISA, we applied and got only AOR so far which we received on April 29 2021. My wife needs to be here in February to resume her work and not sure if I will get my son PR approved before that. should I apply a Visitor visa for my dependent child ?
  • My Wife Last name on her Passport got changed, will it be a problem to travel with different last name on PR card and passport . should i apply for a reissue of PR card or will it be ok to travel. she is currently in INDIA. if we apply for reissue of card the card will arrive here so I'm confused how to do this now
Please help

Thanks
I think you should go ahead and apply a visitor visa for your child. You can state in a letter of explanation that you would like to reunite with you child and wife and can also mention that the Sponsorship application is under processing, you have high probability to get the TRV, but not sure of the processing times.

jparasu

Oct 2, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Me and My wife are PR, but our son was born out of Canada. I have doubts regarding the family sponsorship, can we start the application as soon as we land? Does either of us need to be in a job? if I have pretty good funds in my bank account would that help without a job in hand?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Me and My wife are PR, but our son was born out of Canada. I have doubts regarding the family sponsorship, can we start the application as soon as we land? Does either of us need to be in a job? if I have pretty good funds in my bank account would that help without a job in hand?
Yes you can apply without a job. Would update your file once you find employment.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
I am in the same situation too. Applied in Aug.. Got both approved and medical and transfered to VO by Aug 25. Since then.... Nothing from VO
Yes its frustrating, but eventually it will happen. I learned a long time ago to never compare applications. Child or not every app is unique and every officer and VO works the way they want to. Keep me posted on your progress :) Our VO should have been Mexico , but for some weird reason it was sent to the Dakar VO (lucky me haha)

Reactions: lekanhamdalat

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi Canada visa experts,

I have a 2 questions
  • regarding my Dependent child VISA, we applied and got only AOR so far which we received on April 29 2021. My wife needs to be here in February to resume her work and not sure if I will get my son PR approved before that. should I apply a Visitor visa for my dependent child ?
  • My Wife Last name on her Passport got changed, will it be a problem to travel with different last name on PR card and passport . should i apply for a reissue of PR card or will it be ok to travel. she is currently in INDIA. if we apply for reissue of card the card will arrive here so I'm confused how to do this now
Please help

Thanks
You can apply with a letter of explanation. I applied last week on new portal and got approval in a day

Fabia

Apr 26, 2014
You can apply with a letter of explanation. I applied last week on new portal and got approval in a day
Hi,

Could you please share the new portal information
I badly need it as we are approaching the holiday season and don't want the Application delayed

Many Thanks

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Yesterday we received request for medical for our dependent son from Nairobi VO. Our application was received May 19th and biometrics completed early June. This should be our last step before PPR. Fingers crossed.