+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

psk_27

Aug 13, 2018
Dear All,

My application for dependent child dated 16 May 2023 was returned on 2 Aug 2023 for being incomplete. I am resubmitting the application, so I needed clarification on the following two points:
1. Do we only correct the things mentioned in the reason for return in the letter by IRCC? or there may be other things as well that they didn't mention?

2. Do I update all forms in terms of dates they were signed?

I would be really grateful if someone could answer earlier.

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

The sponsor must
  • download and complete the PDF forms in the application package
  • digitally sign, along with the person you’re sponsoring (principal applicant)
The person you’re sponsoring (principal applicant) will
  • upload them to their online application
  • electronically sign for the entire application, including those of any other family members
Dear armoured or anyone who can assist - do you know if a child sponsorship application within Canada has to be submitted online or sent-in physically?? We are getting mixed messages - the cic’s website says apply online but when we actually go into the individual cic account - there are no options to start a sponsorship application. Has anyone done it recently - it sounds like we should send the filled out application to the case centre and then after receiving AOR connect it to the online account. Please help!

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Dear armoured or anyone who can assist - do you know if a child sponsorship application within Canada has to be submitted online or sent-in physically?? We are getting mixed messages - the cic’s website says apply online but when we actually go into the individual cic account - there are no options to start a sponsorship application. Has anyone done it recently - it sounds like we should send the filled out application to the case centre and then after receiving AOR connect it to the online account. Please help!

Jun 19, 2023
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dar es Salaam
AOR Received.
28-01-2021
Med's Request
30-03-2022
Med's Done....
16-04-2022

You are probably using GCKey account but what you have to use is the Permanent Resident Portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/signup). Go create an account on the PR portal and get started.

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
thanks waited for too long ,

as a i am new immigrant who is currently looking for job and have not filed tax , sponsoring my child is with me on trp , we landed in july
what information do i have to enter in the 2 forms
1283 and 5481 , what information do i use , should i use my previous country income , when you convert it dollars it becomes to low
and it says you are ineligible ,
income requirement is not needed for sponsoring child
can someone please assist what should i do with these 2 forms
how can i fill them up please

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1283 and 5481 , what information do i use , should i use my previous country income , when you convert it dollars it becomes to low
and it says you are ineligible ,
income requirement is not needed for sponsoring child
Read the checklist carefully. If your dependent child does not have dependent children, you only fill out 5481, not 1283. That form does not require you to meet a specific income level.

Muhammad Rameez Uddin

Apr 10, 2018
*Dependent Child Sponsorship*
Type of application: Online
Inland/Outland: Inland
App Date: Aug 15 2022
Returned due to missing signatures and other error - Nov 02 2022
Resubmitted with correction - Nov 02 2022
AOR : Jan 12 2023
Sponsor eligibility decision: Jan 23 2023
Medical Request - Jan 23 2023
Medical submitted - Feb 08 2023
Medical passed - Feb 11, 2023
Pre arrival message : May 19 2023
PR Portal email asking for information: May 19 2023
PR Portal email recceived for case created for PR confirmation : May 21 2023
PR Portal declare my presence in Canada, updated the address and uploaded a picture on the portal: May 22 2023
eCOPR available for download : May 29 2023

NB : eCOPR was issued when were are outside of Canada.
Can I ask how were able to enter in Canada? (I am assuming that PR Card wont be available with you by the time you planned to return to Canada)

psk_27

Aug 13, 2018
Dear All,

My daughter's PR is under process. we have completed the Sponsor Eligibility. Because we wish to travel earlier, we are thinking of applying for a TRV. In this regard, I have a few questions:

1. In the TRV application in IRCC portal through GCKEY, there is a purpose of travel (other) section where you are supposed to establish that it's a temporary visit. But as we have already applied for PR, how to fill this or say in this?

2. Will a TRP have a higher chance of approval? What's the process?

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Hello members
I have a doubt for pr parents having child born outside canada
Can apply for child sponsership being outside canada also??

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Ohk I contacted one agency they saying in online you have option to choose option outside Canada or inside
Then you can choose outside and attach a letter explaining situation and it goes
Is it right or just false?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ohk I contacted one agency they saying in online you have option to choose option outside Canada or inside
Then you can choose outside and attach a letter explaining situation and it goes
Is it right or just false?
No. If you are both PRs, then you must be in Canada. If you are citizens, you can apply outland. You cannot apply outland with explanation. You can apply for a TRV for child and see if approved. If not, then one parent comes to Canada to start the process and apply for TRP for the child. Then if that is approved child comes to Canada. FYI - your child will not have healthcare until PR so plan on paying for health insurance.