+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

eisioshh

Jul 14, 2023
Hi all, i know this forum is created in 2021. I need some advice and its 2023. Is there still active users here? Thank you

eisioshh

Jul 14, 2023
We have a 21 year old dependent that got pregnant while her application for PR is on process. She gave birth last March 2023 and we waited for the baby's birth certificate to declare that my daughter had a baby. But while waiting for the baby's birth certificate, we recieve a Passport Request Letter this July 13,2023. Any advice on what we have to do? We want the baby to declared before my daughter come to canada. Here is the timeline

applied in september 2021 Under dependent child sponsorship. (She is only 19 years old)

1st medical request May 30 2022
(got pregnant in july 2022, but she found out in september 2022)

boimetrics request May 25 2023
(2 months after she gave birth)

2nd medical request June 27 2023

passport request July 13 2023

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We have a 21 year old dependent that got pregnant while her application for PR is on process. She gave birth last March 2023 and we waited for the baby's birth certificate to declare that my daughter had a baby. But while waiting for the baby's birth certificate, we recieve a Passport Request Letter this July 13,2023. Any advice on what we have to do? We want the baby to declared before my daughter come to canada. Thank you in advance
I believe that the steps are that you will advise IRCC of the addition of a new dependent-of-dependent, revised forms where needed, etc. You may also need to provide additional like financial forms, do check.

A really important thing: depending on jurisdiction and the like, the other parent's rights basically must be renounced (permission to emigrate) or there for not to be any (which may be the case if father not on the birth certificate, but in some jurisdictions is either not possible or always a risk). It would help if you mention the country. Honestly - for the question of whether the father has rights to prevent emigration may need lawyers involved to establish the father has no or limited rights. Also note: neither you nor your daughter will basically ever be able to sponsor the father. (If this is a big issue - ask others and get lawyers).

Baby will need medical and the like. Yes, this will probably mean a delay. Main thing is to proceed quickly on your end so the daughter doesn't 'age out.' (Which should not be the case as long as the current file is kept alive, otherwise she'd have to apply for a new one possibly over age 21).

Sounds complex but hey - congrats on being a grandparent.

Jun 19, 2023
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dar es Salaam
AOR Received.
28-01-2021
Med's Request
30-03-2022
Med's Done....
16-04-2022
Yes I’m still waiting since November 2021
Its really sad that we have to wait all this long but nothing to do we just have to hang in there till they get to our applications.

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
hello everyone , please assist
my friend wants to apply asap for his daughter she will be 2 years old soon ,
she is in canada on trp he and his wife are prs ,her trp expires in 3 months
how should he sponser her

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
dear armoured , they are few months short of meeting ro , can they sponser normally or should go with h and c route , a laywer has suggested normal

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
hello can someone please share details and links of sponsering a child , on trp in canada ?
what fees and forms , how is a outland app different from inland , baby is in canada so will inland application hv to be used

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hello can someone please share details and links of sponsering a child , on trp in canada ?
what fees and forms , how is a outland app different from inland , baby is in canada so will inland application hv to be used
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

Just go through the forms. There is no outland/inland for infants - the procedure is technically 'outland' but makes no difference whether child in or outside Canada (basically).

Reactions: YVR123