paulsandy

Oct 17, 2012
IMM06 said:
My e-cas changed to DM too
Am 2006 applicant
Updated my documents in 2010!

Wat that supposed to mean?
While no medicals requested!
Please where is your file in visa office?
I saw most of files changed to Dm in 2006 and 2007!
hope this is good sign to all applicants to have MR soon.

IMM06

Nov 23, 2012
paulsandy said:
Please where is your file in visa office?
I saw most of files changed to Dm in 2006 and 2007!
hope this is good sign to all applicants to have MR soon.
warsaw

how can u know its positive sign?

maiky4u

Dec 26, 2012
I only have one question
as long as they terminate some applications from backlog law that b4 27 feb 2008 and how remains is said to be decision made so that's mean that they accepting our applications and they wait for the corresponding date to inform them to prepare their medical request , otherwise they will terminate the unnecessary applications that didn't pass 67 points with the others that terminated by the law.
am I right ?

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
maiky4u said:
I only have one question
as long as they terminate some applications from backlog law that b4 27 feb 2008 and how remains is said to be decision made so that's mean that they accepting our applications and they wait for the corresponding date to inform them to prepare their medical request , otherwise they will terminate the unnecessary applications that didn't pass 67 points with the others that terminated by the law.
am I right ?
Mine status also now shows DM (just within three days) I am 2005 applicant and litigant so your point is good. As if a decision has been made we are not entitled to refund of fee like others ;D hope for the best early January 2013.

Pompy

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocknbull said:
It could be a technical error also. Lets hope for the best but one most not forget the new law passed on June 29, 2012

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob442C.asp

Summary

The Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act became law on June 29, 2012. Under this legislation, Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications that were made before February 27, 2008 were terminated by operation of law if a decision based on FSW program selection criteria had not been made by an immigration officer before March 29, 2012.
What does this Bulletins means??? Please explain...

Those pre feb 2008 applicatons whose Medical done & PPR is sent but still showing In Process will have any problem?

Please advice.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pompy said:
What does this Bulletins means??? Please explain...

Those pre feb 2008 applicatons whose Medical done & PPR is sent but still showing In Process will have any problem?

Please advice.
Hi!

First of all no problems for those Pre Feb 2008 whose medicals had already done and PPR is sent and ecas showng in process. They will get their visas.

Only problem is for those Pre Feb 2008 for which Selection decision has not been taken before March 29, 2012 and whose ecas is showing decision made now. I am afraid their applications are terminated now and fees will be refunded.

Applications will be terminated and fees refunded according to law passed on June 29, 2012. According to this law if you don't have SELDEC=1 before March 29, 2012 your file will be terminated and fees refunded.

In some cases though correct SELDEC was not entered in CAIPS notes for pre 2008 applicants but visa officers were instructed to do a manual review of all cases and finalise that manual review by Nov 30, 2012.

Read this link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob442C.asp

Return of Fees for Certain Federal Skilled Worker Applications: Actions Required of Visa Offices

Summary

The Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act became law on June 29, 2012. Under this legislation, Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications that were made before February 27, 2008 were terminated by operation of law if a decision based on FSW program selection criteria had not been made by an immigration officer before March 29, 2012.

Applications requiring manual review

A subset of all the FSW applications affected by the Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act have been identified as requiring a manual review by visa offices to confirm they were in fact terminated by operation of law on June 29, 2012.

These FSW applications represent those for which a selection decision may have been established in case notes before March 29, 2012, but for which the decision code was not entered in CAIPS/GCMS.

This manual review will ensure that NHQ – Finance does not return fees in error for those applications where it is determined a selection decision was in fact made, but where CAIPS/GCMS data did not accurately reflect the decision code.

NHQ – Finance will provide visa offices with a spreadsheet listing FSW applications requiring a manual review of case notes. Visa offices should take the following steps in reviewing these applications, tracking the results, and returning the spreadsheet to NHQ – Finance:

The visa office will conduct a detailed review of the case notes in CAIPS/GCMS for each application listed in the spreadsheet provided by NHQ – Finance, and determine if a selection decision was in fact made before March 29, 2012 in accordance with the guidance provided in OB 442.
If it is determined that the application was in fact terminated by operation of law, the visa office will record the results of their manual case review as indicated in the spreadsheet provided by NHQ – Finance.
If it is determined that a selection decision had been made before March 29, 2012, and the application was not terminated by operation of law, that decision code should be entered by the visa office in CAIPS/GCMS and the results of the review should be noted in the case notes. The visa office will record the results of their manual case review as indicated in the spreadsheet provided by NHQ – Finance.
The visa office will forward the completed spreadsheet to NHQ – Finance by no later than November 30, 2012 at: FSWFeeReturn @ cic.gc.ca.
Note: No further action is to be taken by visa offices with respect to terminated applications at this time.

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
cocknbull said:
Only problem is for those Pre Feb 2008 for which Selection decision has not been taken before March 29, 2012 and whose ecas is showing decision made now. I am afraid their applications are terminated now and fees will be refunded.

Applications will be terminated and fees refunded according to law passed on June 29, 2012. According to this law if you don't have SELDEC=1 before March 29, 2012 your file will be terminated and fees refunded.

In some cases though correct SELDEC was not entered in CAIPS notes for pre 2008 applicants but visa officers were instructed to do a manual review of all cases and finalise that manual review by Nov 30, 2012.

This manual review will ensure that NHQ – Finance does not return fees in error for those applications where it is determined a selection decision was in fact made, but where CAIPS/GCMS data did not accurately reflect the decision code.
So my question if they found in their manual review on or before 30th Nov. 2012 and than entered points with status "Decision Made" than

"Finance does not return fees in error for those applications where it is determined a selection decision was in fact made, but where CAIPS/GCMS data did not accurately reflect the decision code"
What will be your idea than ?

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wounderful said:
So my question if they found in their manual review on or before 30th Nov. 2012 and than entered points with status "Decision Made" than

"Finance does not return fees in error for those applications where it is determined a selection decision was in fact made, but where CAIPS/GCMS data did not accurately reflect the decision code"
What will be your idea than ?
Hi!

If they found in manual review that "a selection decision had been made before March 29, 2012, and the application was not terminated by operation of law, that decision code should be entered by the visa office in CAIPS/GCMS and the results of the review should be noted in the case notes."

That means your latest CAIPS/GCMS notes after Nov 30, 2012 should show the correct Seldec=1 and Psdec=1. Please note decision made in ECAS is the last stage that means "either you are rejected or received a visa" and if it comes before medicals it is most likely a rejection. If decision made comes after medicals and receiving passport request that means you will get a visa and final decision has been taken on your application. I don't want to disappoint you but it is highly likely that those Pre Feb 2008 applicants who were never asked for any updated docs and whose Psdec and Seldec remained 0 in CAIPS before March 29, 2012 their applications are terminated now.

One example is of Mr. Engineer on previous page. I am also quoting his posts below here. His brother is a Pre Feb 2008 and also got decision made and in response to his brother's query they replied to him that his application is terminated according by this law. Please check. Thanks

Mr.Engineer said:
i checked for my brother,s application status, its also DM, applied in October 2006.

Mr.Engineer said:
my brother received the following cse reply
This is in response to your recent query.

The Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act became law on June 29, 2012. Under this legislation, Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications made before February 27, 2008 were terminated by operation of law if a decision based on FSW program selection criteria had not been made by an immigration officer before March 29, 2012.

Upon review of your application, it appears that a selection decision was not made before March 29, 2012, and that your application has been terminated by operation of law. For information on Fee Returns for Federal Skilled Worker applicants affected by the backlog elimination measure:

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
cocknbull said:
Hi!

If they found in manual review that "a selection decision had been made before March 29, 2012, and the application was not terminated by operation of law, that decision code should be entered by the visa office in CAIPS/GCMS and the results of the review should be noted in the case notes."

That means your latest CAIPS/GCMS notes after Nov 30, 2012 should show the correct Seldec=1 and Psdec=1. Please note decision made in ECAS is the last stage that means "either you are rejected or received a visa" and if it comes before medicals it is most likely a rejection. If decision made comes after medicals and receiving passport request that means you will get a visa and final decision has been taken on your application. I don't want to disappoint you but it is highly likely that those Pre Feb 2008 applicants who were never asked for any updated docs and whose Psdec and Seldec remained 0 in CAIPS before March 29, 2012 their applications are terminated now.

One example is of Mr. Engineer on previous page. I am also quoting his posts below here. His brother is a Pre Feb 2008 and also got decision made and in response to his brother's query they replied to him that his application is terminated according by this law. Please check. Thanks
Thank you Cocknbull. I totally agree with you however, wonder why CIC is in hurry to make our status "Decision Made" as the hearing is set on 14-16, 2013. Are they confident on their wining or they are making some way to re-open our cases if they lost. I really appreciate your comments.

Also if anyone can get latest CAIPS notes with "Decision Made" it will make us clear what is there "Approved" or "Rejected"

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wounderful said:
Thank you Cocknbull. I totally agree with you however, wonder why CIC is in hurry to make our status "Decision Made" as the hearing is set on 14-16, 2013. Are they confident on their wining or they are making some way to re-open our cases if they lost. I really appreciate your comments.

Also if anyone can get latest CAIPS notes with "Decision Made" it will make us clear what is there "Approved" or "Rejected"
Hi!

Did you ever check your CAIPS notes before that CIC was aware that you have filed a case against them in court. I am not sure but it can be the case that your CAIPS notes is not yet linked with your court case and CIC has not updated that you have a case against them so they have unknowingly changed your ecas status to decision made. Time will clear the confusion I suppose... We need to know when your lawyer filed a court case how he had presented you in Federal court and how CIC looks at the files for which court case has been launched ? Thanks

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
cocknbull said:
Hi!

Did you ever check your CAIPS notes before that CIC was aware that you have filed a case against them in court. I am not sure but it can be the case that your CAIPS notes is not yet linked with your court case and CIC has not updated that you have a case against them so they have unknowingly changed your ecas status to decision made. Time will clear the confusion I suppose... We need to know when your lawyer filed a court case how he had presented you in Federal court and how CIC looks at the files for which court case has been launched ? Thanks
I apply CAIPS notes only twice one last year Oct 2011 nothing mentioned except age points and BF Date was 16/06/2009 (passed long ago nothing happen), after I file case through Bellissimo Law Group in August 2012, I applied again in Oct 2012, got the same nothing except age points, with new BF Date 10/10/2012. Luckely or by chance they also send me FOSS screen which shows my litigation number and etc. So they fully knows that I have filed the case. The next hearing will take palce in Jan 14 to 16, 2013. Now again I am applying CAIPS notes but that will receive after hearing as min 30 days CIC takes to respond.

SARA13

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
HI
I AM JAN 2008 APPLICANT DIDNT RECIVE THE UPDATE DOC REQUEST BUT GOT THE STATUS DECISION MADE
,,MORE LIKELY REJECTION OR TERMINTION OF FILE...............

ANY CLUES
THANKS

jo_1501

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.14,2008
Doc's Request.
jan.10,2009
AOR Received.
oct.2008
I am February 2008 my status is still sayin "In ProcesS" what is your visa office

SARA13 said:
HI
I AM JAN 2008 APPLICANT DIDNT RECIVE THE UPDATE DOC REQUEST BUT GOT THE STATUS DECISION MADE
,,MORE LIKELY REJECTION OR TERMINTION OF FILE...............

ANY CLUES
THANKS