+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made: Pre Feb 2008 Applicant

SARA13

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
hi wondeful

i am pre 2008applicant what is the procedue of joining the law group can i join that any time before 9th january and how can i contact the lawyer or pay the fee

thabks

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jevan said:
@ cocknbull,
Asslam-o-Alaikum,,,brother u can read my timeline as mentioned,,my application was transferred from ibd to ldn in jan,2011.
As well as Sabiha i also sent my complete docs with application i/c ielts.In Dec2008 i got a letter asking my continued interest to migrate to canada.
Brother mine status also changed to D.M,,my lawyer is Bellissimo.
Please help us to know why the Decision has been made for max 2006 and 2007 applicants.
Best Regards
jevan
islamabad.
Wasalam brother!

Did you ever order CAIPS? You are saying you sent complete docs with application but were you ever asked for any updated docs ? with the letter you got in 2008 didn't they ask for any updated docs ? This decision made is mystery unless and until you get any official confirmation. I hope and pray good news will come to your way. With Regards....

Mancilla

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2012
You may visit www.unfaircic.com to join Tim Leahy's group.

SARA13 said:
hi wondeful

i am pre 2008applicant what is the procedue of joining the law group can i join that any time before 9th january and how can i contact the lawyer or pay the fee

thabks

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
cocknbull said:
Wasalam brother!

Did you ever order CAIPS? You are saying you sent complete docs with application but were you ever asked for any updated docs ? with the letter you got in 2008 didn't they ask for any updated docs ? This decision made is mystery unless and until you get any official confirmation. I hope and pray good news will come to your way. With Regards....
@cocknbull,
brother,yes i got my caips in early november where except age marks every thing was marked as O.my next BF'D was PPS ON 15-nov-2012...there was a news that caips are being maintained manually by nov,30 2012.I my self sent out every docs to them i.e my job letters,newly achieved degrees,2nd ielts result etc,they never asked for updated documents.
Now D.M is surprising for us,,,dont u think that if D.M files were closed then they should write TERMINATED and in detail they should mention that your file has been terminated due to Operational Law.??
Plz share ur expert views.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
STOP your illusions guys.
DM before the medical and even before document update means that the application was closed or rejected. It can not mean anything else.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jevan said:
@ cocknbull,
brother,yes i got my caips in early november where except age marks every thing was marked as O.my next BF'D was PPS ON 15-nov-2012...there was a news that caips are being maintained manually by nov,30 2012.I my self sent out every docs to them i.e my job letters,newly achieved degrees,2nd ielts result etc,they never asked for updated documents.
Now D.M is surprising for us,,,dont u think that if D.M files were closed then they should write TERMINATED and in detail they should mention that your file has been terminated due to Operational Law.??
Plz share ur expert views.
Brother what was PSDEC and SELDEC ?

Yes you are right dead line to enter correct SELDEC manually was 30 Nov 2012. It can be seen in my post on previous page. I guess if you order latest CAIPS now you can see that decision made there and reason for that. One person, brother of Mr.Engineer who got decision made sent CSE and got answer that his application was terminated by operation of law. Check the following post. thanks

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/decision-made-pre-feb-2008-applicant-t129167.0.html

Mr.Engineer said:
i checked for my brother,s application status, its also DM, applied in October 2006.

Mr.Engineer said:
my brother received the following cse reply
This is in response to your recent query.

The Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act became law on June 29, 2012. Under this legislation, Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications made before February 27, 2008 were terminated by operation of law if a decision based on FSW program selection criteria had not been made by an immigration officer before March 29, 2012.

Upon review of your application, it appears that a selection decision was not made before March 29, 2012, and that your application has been terminated by operation of law. For information on Fee Returns for Federal Skilled Worker applicants affected by the backlog elimination measure:

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
cocknbull said:
Brother what was PSDEC and SELDEC ?

Yes you are right dead line to enter correct SELDEC manually was 30 Nov 2012. It can be seen in my post on previous page. I guess if you order latest CAIPS now you can see that decision made there and reason for that. One person, brother of Mr.Engineer who got decision made sent CSE and got answer that his application was terminated by operation of law. Check the following post. thanks

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/decision-made-pre-feb-2008-applicant-t129167.0.html
seldec and psdec were marked as O,,,yes u r right i should ask 4 caips again.
Thanks dear brother for giving ur precious time for me.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jevan said:
seldec and psdec were marked as O,,,yes u r right i should ask 4 caips again.
Thanks dear brother for giving ur precious time for me.

Hi!

Dear brother I don't want to disappoint you but it looks your application is terminated and fees will be refunded to you according to law passed on June 29, 2012. According to this law if you don't have PSDEC=1 / SELDEC=1 before March 29, 2012 your file will be terminated and fees refunded.

In some cases though correct SELDEC was not entered in CAIPS notes for pre 2008 applicants but visa officers were instructed to do a manual review of all cases and finalise that manual review by Nov 30, 2012.

Please read the following. Thanks

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob442C.asp

Summary

The Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act became law on June 29, 2012. Under this legislation, Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications that were made before February 27, 2008 were terminated by operation of law if a decision based on FSW program selection criteria had not been made by an immigration officer before March 29, 2012.

Issue

This Operational Bulletin (OB) provides additional clarification to OB 442, specifically instructions to visa offices regarding the process for the return of fees paid to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) with respect to FSW applications that have been terminated by the coming into force of this Act, and facilitative actions required of each office.

Background

As noted in OB 442, the process of returning fees paid to CIC for terminated FSW applications will be centralized at NHQ – Finance, in consultation with visa offices as required. The source for determining the amount of fees to be returned will be Point of Service (POS+) financial data from visa offices. A POS+ data extract from each visa office will subsequently be matched with the data on affected applications extracted from the Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS) and the Global Case Management System (GCMS), and will form the baseline data used by NHQ – Finance for the purpose of returning fees.

A general notice was published on the CIC website on October 12, 2012 advising affected FSW applicants to confirm their contact information. NHQ – Finance will reconcile this information and validate it against POS+ and CAIPS/GCMS data to accurately initiate the return of the proper amount of fees to the principal applicant.

Instructions

NHQ – Finance will be implementing a phased approach to the return of fees for terminated FSW applications.

First priority will be given to those applicants who respond to the general notice on the CIC website as affected by the terminating provision of the Act, and who submit the Return of Processing Fee, Right of Permanent Residence Fee or Right of Landing Fee formand provide contact information as directed. NHQ – Finance will subsequently follow up with all affected applicants to confirm contact information in advance of issuing fee returns.

In order to facilitate the compilation of data required by NHQ – Finance to initiate the return of fees, visa offices are to take the actions outlined below.

Proactive client communication with visa offices

For all inquiries regarding terminated FSW applications that are received by the visa office, the visa office should direct the applicant to the general notice on the CIC website advising them to submit the Return of Processing Fee, Right of Permanent Residence Fee or Right of Landing Fee form to CIC. No action is to be taken by the visa office in initiating a fee return.

In cases where the applicant submitted an updated address directly to the visa office before October 12, 2012, this change should be made in CAIPS and the information should be forwarded to NHQ – Finance at: FSWFeeReturn@cic.gc.ca.

Applications requiring manual review

A subset of all the FSW applications affected by the Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act have been identified as requiring a manual review by visa offices to confirm they were in fact terminated by operation of law on June 29, 2012.

These FSW applications represent those for which a selection decision may have been established in case notes before March 29, 2012, but for which the decision code was not entered in CAIPS/GCMS.

This manual review will ensure that NHQ – Finance does not return fees in error for those applications where it is determined a selection decision was in fact made, but where CAIPS/GCMS data did not accurately reflect the decision code.

NHQ – Finance will provide visa offices with a spreadsheet listing FSW applications requiring a manual review of case notes. Visa offices should take the following steps in reviewing these applications, tracking the results, and returning the spreadsheet to NHQ – Finance:

The visa office will conduct a detailed review of the case notes in CAIPS/GCMS for each application listed in the spreadsheet provided by NHQ – Finance, and determine if a selection decision was in fact made before March 29, 2012 in accordance with the guidance provided in OB 442.
If it is determined that the application was in fact terminated by operation of law, the visa office will record the results of their manual case review as indicated in the spreadsheet provided by NHQ – Finance.
If it is determined that a selection decision had been made before March 29, 2012, and the application was not terminated by operation of law, that decision code should be entered by the visa office in CAIPS/GCMS and the results of the review should be noted in the case notes. The visa office will record the results of their manual case review as indicated in the spreadsheet provided by NHQ – Finance.
The visa office will forward the completed spreadsheet to NHQ – Finance by no later than November 30, 2012 at: FSWFeeReturn@cic.gc.ca.
Note: No further action is to be taken by visa offices with respect to terminated applications at this time.

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
SARA13 said:
hi wondeful

thabks
Hi Sara13:

My lawyer is Mario Bellissiom you may visit www.bellissimolawgroup.com and provide them details of your application they will guide you how to pay etc. it's very easy to join.

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
Sabiha Nazli said:
Dear,

Thanks for your prompt response. Yes, in Aug 2009 they asked me whether I am still interested in immigration or not. I remained in-touch with them and updating them regarding my job changes and my IELTS scores.

In-light of your suggestion I will write to London visa office soon.

Lets see what will come out from the box. Please cross your fingers for better outcomes.

Best regards
I wrote CIC London case specific query, in reply I got automated reply that due to new act my application has been terminated and I should fill out the fee return form. So now I have applied CAIPS notes but it will take 30 days so I am waiting for upcoming hearing in January and did not want return of my fee. Any member got his CAIPS notes very recently or before January will help all lot to see the actual reason of Decision Made. Please share if anyone has

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
cocknbull said:
Hi!

Dear brother I don't want to disappoint you but it looks your application is terminated and fees will be refunded to you according to law passed on June 29, 2012. According to this law if you don't have PSDEC=1 / SELDEC=1 before March 29, 2012 your file will be terminated and fees refunded.

In some cases though correct SELDEC was not entered in CAIPS notes for pre 2008 applicants but visa officers were instructed to do a manual review of all cases and finalise that manual review by Nov 30, 2012.

Please read the following. Thanks

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob442C.asp

Summary

The Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act became law on June 29, 2012. Under this legislation, Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications that were made before February 27, 2008 were terminated by operation of law if a decision based on FSW program selection criteria had not been made by an immigration officer before March 29, 2012.

Issue

This Operational Bulletin (OB) provides additional clarification to OB 442, specifically instructions to visa offices regarding the process for the return of fees paid to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) with respect to FSW applications that have been terminated by the coming into force of this Act, and facilitative actions required of each office.

Background

As noted in OB 442, the process of returning fees paid to CIC for terminated FSW applications will be centralized at NHQ – Finance, in consultation with visa offices as required. The source for determining the amount of fees to be returned will be Point of Service (POS+) financial data from visa offices. A POS+ data extract from each visa office will subsequently be matched with the data on affected applications extracted from the Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS) and the Global Case Management System (GCMS), and will form the baseline data used by NHQ – Finance for the purpose of returning fees.

A general notice was published on the CIC website on October 12, 2012 advising affected FSW applicants to confirm their contact information. NHQ – Finance will reconcile this information and validate it against POS+ and CAIPS/GCMS data to accurately initiate the return of the proper amount of fees to the principal applicant.

Instructions

NHQ – Finance will be implementing a phased approach to the return of fees for terminated FSW applications.

First priority will be given to those applicants who respond to the general notice on the CIC website as affected by the terminating provision of the Act, and who submit the Return of Processing Fee, Right of Permanent Residence Fee or Right of Landing Fee formand provide contact information as directed. NHQ – Finance will subsequently follow up with all affected applicants to confirm contact information in advance of issuing fee returns.

In order to facilitate the compilation of data required by NHQ – Finance to initiate the return of fees, visa offices are to take the actions outlined below.

Proactive client communication with visa offices

For all inquiries regarding terminated FSW applications that are received by the visa office, the visa office should direct the applicant to the general notice on the CIC website advising them to submit the Return of Processing Fee, Right of Permanent Residence Fee or Right of Landing Fee form to CIC. No action is to be taken by the visa office in initiating a fee return.

In cases where the applicant submitted an updated address directly to the visa office before October 12, 2012, this change should be made in CAIPS and the information should be forwarded to NHQ – Finance at: FSWFeeReturn @ cic.gc.ca.

Applications requiring manual review

A subset of all the FSW applications affected by the Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act have been identified as requiring a manual review by visa offices to confirm they were in fact terminated by operation of law on June 29, 2012.

These FSW applications represent those for which a selection decision may have been established in case notes before March 29, 2012, but for which the decision code was not entered in CAIPS/GCMS.

This manual review will ensure that NHQ – Finance does not return fees in error for those applications where it is determined a selection decision was in fact made, but where CAIPS/GCMS data did not accurately reflect the decision code.

NHQ – Finance will provide visa offices with a spreadsheet listing FSW applications requiring a manual review of case notes. Visa offices should take the following steps in reviewing these applications, tracking the results, and returning the spreadsheet to NHQ – Finance:

The visa office will conduct a detailed review of the case notes in CAIPS/GCMS for each application listed in the spreadsheet provided by NHQ – Finance, and determine if a selection decision was in fact made before March 29, 2012 in accordance with the guidance provided in OB 442.
If it is determined that the application was in fact terminated by operation of law, the visa office will record the results of their manual case review as indicated in the spreadsheet provided by NHQ – Finance.
If it is determined that a selection decision had been made before March 29, 2012, and the application was not terminated by operation of law, that decision code should be entered by the visa office in CAIPS/GCMS and the results of the review should be noted in the case notes. The visa office will record the results of their manual case review as indicated in the spreadsheet provided by NHQ – Finance.
The visa office will forward the completed spreadsheet to NHQ – Finance by no later than November 30, 2012 at: FSWFeeReturn @ cic.gc.ca.
Note: No further action is to be taken by visa offices with respect to terminated applications at this time.
+1 for u brother for guidance.

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007

Sabiha Nazli

Nov 12, 2012
Hello,

I also wrote to CIC London and didn't got any automated reply. Lets when and what response I will get. I will let you know. But I assume they have some bad news for us.

Best wishes

Sabiha :-[

Sabiha Nazli

Nov 12, 2012
Dear All,
Today I got same automated response as some of you got. So those whom application status has been changed from in process to decision made need to lose their hopes if they hold any.

Sabiha :'(