Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Iftikhar123 said:
Do any one have idea how long its takes to get oath letter after DM on online status but nothing show inside just decision made
There is no standard rule or fixed period that Oath should be given certain days after Decision Made date. Each CIC visa office is inviting candidates for Oath based on their work load.

Some visa offices are scheduling Oath with few weeks from DM, yet other CIC offices in Ontario are taking even 2 months or more too.

However, DM is good news and now its matter of scheduling the Oath, depending upon the slot available at your location.

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
depend on the office it may take anytime form 2 to 5 month to get , if you get decision made it always good news that you are in queue toward oath just relax it will come soon , unless CO forgets, also keep an eye for it as if it goes beyond 5 month just order ATIP report
good luck

Jdkrs

Mar 4, 2015
Hello Friends,

Quick question. Will the 'oath invitation' details be updated in Ecas ?

wrote the test on Jan 21 and cleared it. Status changed to decision made this morning.
I know i will get a letter for oath ceremony. Will the details be updated online as well similar to the test invitation.

Thanks
jdkrs

Iftikhar123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
Jdkrs said:
Hello Friends,

wrote the test on Jan 21 and cleared it. Status changed to decision made this morning.
I know i will get a letter for oath ceremony. Will the details be updated online as well similar to the test invitation.

Thanks
Karthik
what is ur time line and which is ur ,local office

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Jdkrs said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks
Karthik
Congrats, its good news. Its matter of finding Oath ceremony slot for you, you are weeks away depending upon your local office. ;D

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jdkrs said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks
Karthik
what is ur timeline

Jdkrs

Mar 4, 2015
Jdkrs said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks
Karthik

Here is my timeline. office is Scarborough

1. Applied on - Feb 27, 2015
2. AOR - march 31, 2015
3. Started processing - June 25, 2015
4. First test date - Aug 26, 2015 (Missed it owing to travel)
5. Second test date - Jan 21, 2016 (Cleared 20/20 and interview. Just FYI i was notified online around December 11, 2015 for a test on Jan 21, 2016)
6. Online status change to decision made - Jan 23, 2016
7. oath date - Waiting

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jdkrs said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks
jdkrs
DOnt be dependent on online status it may change or will remain same as test invite, wait for letter with the way vancouver is inviting for oath you should get oath by may as i have oath Schedule and my letter of oath was dispatched on 16 Jan and still my online status show no state s change for oath invitation send ... just expect something in april or May good luck and congrats for a step closer to citizenship

Loriboo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
I cleared my test on August 5 2015, no decision made, no oath invitation, no progress at all, it still said in process. I refuse to apply for ATI because I trust that it won't come with nothing I did not know already. I know Hamilton office is very slow and I am very jealous to see how West offices are moving very fast..

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Jdkrs said:
Here is my timeline. office is Scarborough

1. Applied on - Feb 27, 2015
2. AOR - march 31, 2015
3. Started processing - June 25, 2015
4. First test date - Aug 26, 2015 (Missed it owing to travel)
5. Second test date - Jan 21, 2016 (Cleared 20/20 and interview. Just FYI i was notified online around December 11, 2015 for a test on Jan 21, 2016)
6. Online status change to decision made - Jan 23, 2016
7. oath date - Waiting
Congrats !!!, its matter of few weeks, at the most it taking 8 weeks. Hope you would get much faster.

Yukaa08

Jan 23, 2016
Hello Everybody I just want to share my timeline

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 16, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 30, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on December 2, 2015.
4.We sent you a notice on January 4, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 18, 2016 at 12:27 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. Decision made January 21, 2016

Does decision made means I'm going to be invited for the oath taking? or is there any possibility that I will get a letter that I need some more documents? (The citizenship officer told me that it depends on Edmonton's budget on how long I have to wait for the Oath taking.) other than that he told me file was good to go and I just have to wait.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Yukaa08 said:
Hello Everybody I just want to share my timeline

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 16, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 30, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on December 2, 2015.
4.We sent you a notice on January 4, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 18, 2016 at 12:27 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. Decision made January 21, 2016

Does decision made means I'm going to be invited for the oath taking? or is there any possibility that I will get a letter that I need some more documents? (The citizenship officer told me that it depends on Edmonton's budget on how long I have to wait for the Oath taking.) other than that he told me file was good to go and I just have to wait.
Congrats !!! DM is good news !!!

Depending upon the time frame at your visa office for Oath ceremonies, you would receive the Oath invitation in few weeks.

Good news, CIC offices in the west coast are doing swift processing and excellent job. So, its just matter of few weeks.

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
Loriboo said:
I cleared my test on August 5 2015, no decision made, no oath invitation, no progress at all, it still said in process. I refuse to apply for ATI because I trust that it won't come with nothing I did not know already. I know Hamilton office is very slow and I am very jealous to see how West offices are moving very fast..
If you did not get the RQ form then CIC has 6 months to make a decision after the test. So you should hear from them by Feb 5. Your online status might change any day.

Good Luck.

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
Dear All Fellow RQ'ed applicants -

I applied in December 2014 and got an RQ in April 2015 primarily due to excessive trips outside Canada. I have over 30 trips plus a dozen day trips to the US. I didn't even have details and dates for few of the trips that triggered the RQ.

Please find my timelines below;

Applied - Dec 2014
AOR - Feb 2015
Started processing - Mar 2105
RQ issued - Apr 2015
RQ sent - May 2015
Invite for Test - Dec 2015
Test - 26 Jan 2016
Decision Made - 28 Jan 2016

I hope you find this helpful and also see there is light at the end of the tunnel.