+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
I just called IRCC, the agent took time to confirm, and she said this is the new system launched 4 days ago.
She said its not a pilot program, and if you eligible you can apply.
I asked if this is faster, she said its just another way they are accepting applications.

Since its just launched, expect it to be glitchy. Maybe they will fix it completely and announce it in Jan. Time will tell
Another side of the story! IRCC please answer my call!!!

cash247

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
I just called IRCC, the agent took time to confirm, and she said this is the new system launched 4 days ago.
I asked if this is faster, she said its just another way they are accepting applications.

Since its just launched, expect it to be glitchy. Maybe they will fix it completely and announce it in Jan. Time will tell
I'm not in a hurry. I'll wait till applications are accepted through the GC account using the GCKey. Same one used for EE applications!

ace32

Oct 17, 2016

One issue is they removed the Signature and Date and Confirmation from Online physical presence calculator so if I want to just submit it via paper I can't because there is no where to sign on the physical presence calculator

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Yup, I am following the maximum number of files guidelines. Thanks for going through it by the way - much appreciated!

Also, keep us posted if you receive any correspondence from the IRCC.
I think there is something you must be doing wrong since I was able to submit today. Maybe the form validations are not complete on their end. Check the length of attachment names( I made short names < 10 chars). And I put address in full, no abbreviations
Regarding the max no of files, I submitted more than it said in some fields: 3 IDs, 2 jpg photo attachments (1 photo & another studio info)
For your case, you have passport gap, and more work experiences than me(I had 4 entries) Maybe it takes upto 10 entries?

Dec 4, 2020
Yup it is weird because I logged in from my phone and I got an email from
IRCC.DoNotReplyCIT-CITNePasRepondre.IRCC@cic.gc.ca via amazonses.com
about suspicious login. the email looks legit as mentioned by @simfhs but I don't know about the amazonses.com part. Any clue?
That email address is exactly what got me wondering about the legitimacy. But, by pulling up thr Google cache of the website and personally seeing the information posted by CIC, I overcame my concerns and submitted my application.

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
One issue is they removed the Signature and Date and Confirmation from Online physical presence calculator so if I want to just submit it via paper I can't because there is no where to sign on the physical presence calculator
Exactly, thats how I found about the online application portal. And the portal specifically says
  • Save the result as a file
    • You don't need to sign the calculation
  • Upload the file here
They need to update the application guide to clear confusion, and also announce they will be taking online application. In this half-baked situation it will only cause confusion

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
I think there is something you must be doing wrong since I was able to submit today. Maybe the form validations are not complete on their end. Check the length of attachment names( I made short names < 10 chars). And I put address in full, no abbreviations
Regarding the max no of files, I submitted more than it said in some fields: 3 IDs, 2 jpg photo attachments (1 photo & another studio info)
For your case, you have passport gap, and more work experiences than me(I had 4 entries) Maybe it takes upto 10 entries?
you can still send by paper and no need to SIGN the physical presence calculator.

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
We've had 2 versions to the IRCC confirmation story
The agent I called likely did not know as well about the online applications at first, because she said she will confirm and tell. After 10 mins on hold, she gave the info. I suspect all agents do not know about it yet

ace32

Oct 17, 2016
you can still send by paper and no need to SIGN the physical presence calculator.
You do need to sign it if sending on paper, it clearly states in 10.a Signed copy of Online Physical Presence Calculator, else I would never have gone thru the trouble of looking into all this

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
You do need to sign it if sending on paper, it clearly states in 10.a Signed copy of Online Physical Presence Calculator, else I would never have gone thru the trouble of looking into all this
they have updated it because they launched the new online portal...read again.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
It's not unreasonable to be suspicious given the AWS connection. However, AWS does appear to be doing business with the Canadian government to provide cloud solutions: https://aws.amazon.com/canada/publicsector/government/. Also, AWS has servers/data centres all over the globe; so the Canadian government using it doesn't necessarily mean that your personal data is being sent to/hosted in the US.
Yeah at this point there is more than sufficient evidence that this online application system isn't a sham. I mean even if it is, I won't be too mad - it'll probably be the most intelligent scam I have ever come across. I hope the scammers buy themselves something nice with the credit cards they open under my name - honestly well deserved ngl lmao

Reactions: Rijo02