+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hi guys, I logged back in the online portal and it shows the option now to download your copy of submitted application. It is a pdf file with information about answered questions. At the top says "If you need to update your application, contact us ."
And this was not there before? Did it show something else before in that case?

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Guys, I just got off the phone with an IRCC representative and she confirmed that there is an online application for single applicants. I raised concerns about the validity of the link for the online application and she then asked for my email so she can send the overall citizenship application information. She said when I receive her email, I will then choose whether to apply online or via paper.

Once I receive the email, I will share it here!

Reactions: simfhs and BOYX

zkqxcv

Dec 3, 2020
Hi guys, I logged back in the online portal and it shows the option now to download your copy of submitted application. It is a pdf file with information about answered questions. At the top says "If you need to update your application, contact us ."
Yep, I am seeing the same - generates 13 page PDF file with a summary of all my answers. BTW, happy to know there's more people who successfully submitted it online, got a little scared after reading all the "what if it's a scam?" discussion over last few pages lol

Reactions: simfhs and cash247

ace32

Oct 17, 2016
Ok, So I called IRCC again, hoping to get a different answer from a different agent and I got it. The portal is legit, the service team have received emails about it. I asked specifically with the link website name. Also, the portal has issues hence it has been taken down and they don't know when it will be up, it works for some and not for others. Regarding physical presence calculator, they confirmed that in paper application also it is no longer required to sign it.

I am going to wait a couple of days and see if they bring it back up else I'll go the paper route.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Ok, So I called IRCC again, hoping to get a different answer from a different agent and I got it. The portal is legit, the service team have received emails about it. I asked specifically with the link website name. Also, the portal has issues hence it has been taken down and they don't know when it will be up, it works for some and not for others. Regarding physical presence calculator, they confirmed that in paper application also it is no longer required to sign it.

I am going to wait a couple of days and see if they bring it back up else I'll go the paper route.
Brah thanks a ton for the reply! Especially this part: "Also, the portal has issues hence it has been taken down and they don't know when it will be up".

Seems like they are actively working on the portal given the changes some people are noticing.

Reactions: ace32

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Guys, I just got off the phone with an IRCC representative and she confirmed that there is an online application for single applicants. I raised concerns about the validity of the link for the online application and she then asked for my email so she can send the overall citizenship application information. She said when I receive her email, I will then choose whether to apply online or via paper.

Once I receive the email, I will share it here!
Wow guys! I just received a call back from the representative that I spoke with earlier. She called back to let me know that even though the online application exists, she cannot send me a link in the email as promised (what the hell!!). She said that the online application is new and that they just got to know about it today. Hence, the citizenship application package that she would send wouldn't contain links to the online application.

Well, I don't know why IRCC is so disorganized with information dissemination. Why can't they make an official announcement and even make the link easily available (even to their representatives)?

Anyways, I still think single applicants should go ahead with the online application as it is too real to be a fake and given the fact that it is seamless compared to the paper application. I have completed by own online application but my eligibility is by the end of month. So, I am still waiting to submit.

Goodluck guys!

cash247

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
So sorry everyone if I put anyone in doubt. However, my post prompted a lot of reactions, people calling IRCC to confirm, etc. So it's good to get these confirmations. Sorry again for the scare. I like to look both ways before crossing. Hahahaha....

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
So sorry everyone if I put anyone in doubt. However, my post prompted a lot of reactions, people calling IRCC to confirm, etc. So it's good to get these confirmations. Sorry again for the scare. I like to look both ways before crossing. Hahahaha....
Sure! I agree. Your post really made me so scared that I pushed information hell out of the representatives mouth. Specifically, I said "the link is fake" and she had to laugh and said "it isn't". Just that they have not been duly updated!!!

Reactions: ace32

cash247

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Sure! I agree. Your post really made me so scared that I pushed information hell out of the representatives mouth. Specifically, I said "the link is fake" and she had to laugh and said "it isn't". Just that they have not been duly updated!!!
I’m sorry

ace32

Oct 17, 2016
I’m sorry
No worries, it became an exciting (not in a good way) 2 hours of digging, your claim had merit, on one hand the site was too real to be fake, but I couldn't find any news about it anywhere other than the forum and another Chinese forum, even the cached version does not exist, also the source of the site has some github links which made me even more scared. When the 1st IRCC rep said she did not know of any portal, I had a mini heart attack. Glad it got cleared up.

Reactions: cash247