+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Hey Everyone!

Here is the Application Tracker for the Online Citizenship Applicants: [ONLINE] 2020 Citizenship Tracker

Ignore the Averages section since it's broken. I will fix it in the coming days. Of course, all credits go to the original author of the main tracker. I maintained their style in order to maintain familiarity. I amended the sheet to account for aspects which are unique to our situation e.g I added an interview invitation column.

I also restricted access to the sheet to prevent trolls from playing with it. Of course, the trolling issue is quite a prevalent one given the experience we just had lol

If you would like to edit the sheet, feel free to request access on the sheet. Once you do so, just PM me on this forum with the Google account you requested access from. I will approve your request subsequently. Alternatively, you can post your status update on this thread and either I or any of the other approved users will add you to the tracker.

If there is anything else in the sheet that you would like to add or if anything is broken, do not hesitate to let me know.

Good luck with your applications! :D
Thanks @BOYX for this effort.
Could you add my info:

City: Vancouver
No. of applicants: 1
Physical presence days: 1125
Application sent: Dec 04
Email recieved: Not yet

Reactions: BOYX

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
OMG guys i am now reading this that i can apply online BUT i ALREADY sent my application paper one by mail yesterday oppss!! i did not know about it and the site or IRCC never mention to apply online anywhere at all!! it is okay will cross fingers for AOR hopefully things getting better now

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
add my info please thanks

City: Montreal
No. of applicants: 1
Physical presence days: 1181
Application sent: Dec 03
AOR: Not yet

zkqxcv

Dec 3, 2020
Hi @simfhs / @citizenship.enthusiast / @zkqxcv / All - Couple of questions:

1) For 2 pieces of personal ID, were you able to upload the jpeg?
Mine continues to spin and says 'Uploading id.jpeg' for more than 20 minutes.
Please advise how you uploaded yours.

2) For 'other supporting documents', is there a file size limit?

3) Any idea where in Toronto we can get digital photo? Photo service in most places is shut due to lockdown.
1) I uploaded PDF
2) I would assume 4Mb as for anything else?
3) I got my pic taken at London Drugs but they don't operate in the east. I'm in BC. They uploaded my photo to a website and gave me a link and a code, so I could download jpg file after.

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
I'm having trouble too.
I replaced all files with names without spaces and everything has check marks. Any other suggestions?

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
No I was about to send the paper version this weekend but felt that online would be a better option.
Oh alright. Well unfortunately I have nothing to offer. I am stuck the same as you. I keep getting the "Fail to submit" message despite trying the application on 5 different accounts. Must be something specific to our files that the portal cannot yet handle.

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
People who were successful; did the review page mention correcting errors and filling out missing information? I feel I shouldn't be getting check marks if it recognized I missed something but maybe that's what's wrong with my application? For some reason I'm not getting a screenshot of it so here's a copy and paste

Before you submit your application

• correct any errors
  • provide any missing information

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
I was going through the HTML source code of https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply.html and I found this:

<!-- cit apply online banner START -->
<!-- 9 empty, 1 alert, 10% chance of getting the banner -->

IRCC hasn't taken down the banner which says `We’re testing a new online citizenship application. It’s now available for some applicants.`. They have just throttled it. So anyone who visits the page have 1 / 10 chance of seeing that banner. I confirmed this by refreshing the page multiple times (10 - 20) until I saw the banner.

Looks like there is no technical glitch. IRCC is just trying to throttle the traffic to their online application system.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I was going through the HTML source code of https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply.html and I found this:

<!-- cit apply online banner START -->
<!-- 9 empty, 1 alert, 10% chance of getting the banner -->

IRCC hasn't taken down the banner which says `We’re testing a new online citizenship application. It’s now available for some applicants.`. They have just throttled it. So anyone who visits the page have 1 / 10 chance of seeing that banner. I confirmed this by refreshing the page multiple times (10 - 20) until I saw the banner.

Looks like there is no technical glitch. IRCC is just trying to throttle the traffic to their online application system.
Good find. :p
Few times the link appeared continuously in a row of 3 times when i did Shift+Refresh in chrome but later same trick was not working ;). And yes as you said, clicking multiple times continuously gives me the link sometimes.

<div class="hide">
<section class="provisional alert alert-info" id="applyonline">
<h2>Find out if you can apply online</h2>
<p>We’re testing a new online citizenship application. It’s now available for <strong>some</strong> applicants.</p>
<p><a href="https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/landing" target="_blank">Check if you can apply online<span class="wb-inv"> (opens in a new tab)</span></a> <span aria-hidden="true" class="glyphicon glyphicon-new-window"></span></p>
</section>
</div>

Last edited:
Reactions: ace32

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Did you apply online or Paper based?
Hello no i applied by paper application! There is no info about online application on IRCC website and they are tellinf to send paper applications. No updates yet Maybe it is a beta site. Anyway i applied by paper as requested on their site. I know TRV and some other visa type u can apply online already but citizenship no info updated abt it yet.