+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

canada_help

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Hi @simfhs / @citizenship.enthusiast / @zkqxcv / All - Couple of questions:

1) For 2 pieces of personal ID, were you able to upload the jpeg?
Mine continues to spin and says 'Uploading id.jpeg' for more than 20 minutes.
Please advise how you uploaded yours.

2) For 'other supporting documents', is there a file size limit?

3) Any idea where in Toronto we can get digital photo? Photo service in most places is shut due to lockdown.

Last edited:

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Hi @simfhs / @citizenship.enthusiast / @zkqxcv / All - Couple of questions:

1) For 2 pieces of personal ID, were you able to upload the jpeg?
Mine continues to spin and says 'Uploading id.jpeg' for more than 20 minutes.
Please advise how you uploaded yours.

2) For 'other supporting documents', is there a file size limit?

3) Any idea where in Toronto we can get digital photo? Photo service in most places is shut due to lockdown.
It means you have space(s) in the file name. Use _ wherever there is space in your filename. That fixed mine yesterday! Do so and thank me later! Hahaha!!

canada_help

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
It means you have space(s) in the file name. Use _ wherever there is space in your filename. That fixed mine yesterday! Do so and thank me later! Hahaha!!
Thanks @Rijo02 but didn't work for me.
I removed spaces, underscore, even reduced it to ID.jpeg but not able to upload.
Please advise.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Thanks @Rijo02 but didn't work for me.
I removed spaces, underscore, even reduced it to ID.jpeg but not able to upload.
Please advise.
Interesting!!

Yesterday, I had wanted to upload a 500kb file and it kept spinning forever during the upload. I had to reduce the file size but it didn't work till I changed the file name (removed the spaces). So, I guess you have done what needed to be done.
The only think I can suggest is for you to try converting jpeg to pdf (jpeg shouldn't really be the issue). I suggested this as all my files were in pdf and they worked fine after I changed the name format. Nevertheless, this is not confirmatory as I haven't uploaded my pix (as I don't have one yet). So, try converting the file to pdf and let's see!

canada_help

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Thanks @Rijo02! png and jpg works. Pdf works too. I guess its only JPEG that's causing issue.

If you are aware, please let me know from where to get digital pic. Staples said they are not doing it anymore due to lockdown.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Thanks @Rijo02! png and jpg works. Pdf works too. I guess its only JPEG that's causing issue.

If you are aware, please let me know from where to get digital pic. Staples said they are not doing it anymore due to lockdown.
Am happy to know that you were able to figure it out. About the digital pic, this is definitely location dependent. I live in Hamilton, ON and I believe (not certain as I haven't even stepped out of my apartment this week) shops are still open for such services. Depending on where you live, you might have to explore nearby locations that haven't locked down yet. Perhaps I should try and take my pix tomorrow (before Hamilton locks down too ;)) and update you (and whoever is interested and lives close). You can decide if you want to use the same shop or not.

All the best to us all!!

Reactions: canada_help

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hey Everyone!

Here is the Application Tracker for the Online Citizenship Applicants: [ONLINE] 2020 Citizenship Tracker

Ignore the Averages section since it's broken. I will fix it in the coming days. Of course, all credits go to the original author of the main tracker. I maintained their style in order to maintain familiarity. I amended the sheet to account for aspects which are unique to our situation e.g I added an interview invitation column.

I also restricted access to the sheet to prevent trolls from playing with it. Of course, the trolling issue is quite a prevalent one given the experience we just had lol

If you would like to edit the sheet, feel free to request access on the sheet. Once you do so, just PM me on this forum with the Google account you requested access from. I will approve your request subsequently. Alternatively, you can post your status update on this thread and either I or any of the other approved users will add you to the tracker.

If there is anything else in the sheet that you would like to add or if anything is broken, do not hesitate to let me know.

Good luck with your applications! :D

Reactions: simfhs

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
One issue is they removed the Signature and Date and Confirmation from Online physical presence calculator so if I want to just submit it via paper I can't because there is no where to sign on the physical presence calculator
Actually, I am facing same problem.

I want to apply on paper for entire family with kid. But I am in confused state on physical presence calculator ( removal of signature)

I will wait & watch until next month.

canada_help

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Hi All - Did anyone else face problem with JPEG? The issue is...the digital picture has to be JPEG.
So png, jpg and pdf workaround wont' work for the picture. Please advise.
Even if I try D.JPEG it doesn't work.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hi All - Did anyone else face problem with JPEG? The issue is...the digital picture has to be JPEG.
So png, jpg and pdf workaround wont' work for the picture. Please advise.
Even if I try D.JPEG it doesn't work.
Yeah .JPEG does not work for some reason. I suggest you change it to .JPG (which is essentially a JPEG format) and you should be good.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Am happy to know that you were able to figure it out. About the digital pic, this is definitely location dependent. I live in Hamilton, ON and I believe (not certain as I haven't even stepped out of my apartment this week) shops are still open for such services. Depending on where you live, you might have to explore nearby locations that haven't locked down yet. Perhaps I should try and take my pix tomorrow (before Hamilton locks down too ;)) and update you (and whoever is interested and lives close). You can decide if you want to use the same shop or not.

All the best to us all!!
By the way, Shoppers Drug Mart does citizenship photos. They are an essential business so they're open and naturally they won't deny such auxiliary services either. I suggest everyone check them out if the alternatives are closed.