+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December AOR 2017 - join here.

Kourosh89

May 6, 2018
Hello fellow December AORs

I tried to keep myself patient and care free about my ppr processing, but can't hold it anymore :( I am planning for a long international travel beginning early June, and desperately want to have my ppr by then. Since my application is in post 6 months period, do you guys know if there is any effective way to ask CIC what is going on?

Here is my timeline

AOR: 3-Dec-2017
Medical Passed: 14-Dec-2017
IP2: 27-Feb-2017 (I didn't know about IP2, so the first i heard about IP2 and checked my status is IP2 was late late February)
Additional Documents: never asked for - current status: We do not need additional documents.
Country of Citizenship: Iran
Country of Residency: Iran

Thanks

This is what i got today from CPC :(

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards"

Any thoughts?

Abhilal15

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards"

Any thoughts?
Did you cross 6 months?

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Guys, I have really exciting and strange news. I received a call yesterday from an immigration officer and, after several questions (22 min call), he approved my PR over the phone :D

It was around 5 pm EST, he told me his colleague was gonna issue the PPR email today or next week, for me to call back if I didn't receive it in a week.

I'm posting the detailed questions he asked here later, but I guess it all will only sink in once I receive the PPR email, at last.

There are no updates on my CIC account. How do I know it wasn't fraud? It's the same agent who emailed my boss on Wednesday asking about the legitimacy of my employment letter and whether I'm still with the company.

I have mixed feeling about this. I'm screaming in happiness on the inside, and at the same time I'll only believe it once the golden email arrives on my inbox.

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
Guys, I have really exciting and strange news. I received a call yesterday from an immigration officer and, after several questions (22 min call), he approved my PR over the phone :D

It was around 5 pm EST, he told me his colleague was gonna issue the PPR email today or next week, for me to call back if I didn't receive it in a week.

I'm posting the detailed questions he asked here later, but I guess it all will only sink in once I receive the PPR email, at last.

There are no updates on my CIC account. How do I know it wasn't fraud? It's the same agent who emailed my boss on Wednesday asking about the legitimacy of my employment letter and whether I'm still with the company.

I have mixed feeling about this. I'm screaming in happiness on the inside, and at the same time I'll only believe it once the golden email arrives on my inbox.
o_Oo_Oo_O I didn't even know that they could interview you through phone.
I don't think it is a scam. Congrats

Reactions: mamiojo and gary007

salman87

Mar 1, 2018

Regards"

Any thoughts?
Really sorry to hear it, tbh it sucks that an application gets delayed like this.

I remember reading a story about frustrating delay times for Iranians, got one here : https://ipolitics.ca/2018/03/28/scores-of-iranians-living-in-canada-decry-lengthy-wait-times-for-permanent-residency/

It might generally be the case that it gets delayed for ppl from Iran...don't lose hope though, u'll get it in the end :)

gary007

Nov 12, 2017

Congratulations ,I would suggest wait for golden email too :)

Reactions: mamiojo

thesilentobserver

Oct 8, 2017
Hey Folks. Had a ghost update today. Application status and Background check changed to “We are processing.......”.

AOR Dec 31st
IP1 Jan 16th
FBI PCC upload Jan 30th

What is the average wait time after the status change?