+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December AOR 2017 - join here.

RockyStar1985

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi,
Need your expert advice. I am doing ‘short landing’ in Toronto. I am carrying some basic stuff which you would carry for a two week holiday and I will be staying with my family there.

1) Do I need to have a ‘List of accompanying items’? If yes, do I need to include the jewellery like engagement ring which I am wearing?

2) We won’t be shipping anything later. Do I still need to fill out ‘List of goods to follow’?

3) Can the officer refuse to put the stamp because I am here for short time with a plan to return after few months?

Thanks in advance.

gary007

Nov 12, 2017
Hi guys,

So, just received the Ready for Visa email. Strange enough, my CIC profile and application had my email ID on it. But my sibling had ordered GCMS notes for me. The Ready for Visa email was sent to my sibling's email ID.

Timeline:
AOR: Dec 21, 2017
MEP: Jan 09, 2018
IP1: Jan 09, 2018
NA2: Jan 11, 2018
IP2: Feb 27, 2018
GCMS notes ordered: May 03, 2018
Ghost Update: May 07, 2018
PPR: May 08, 2018
VO: Ottawa
Stream: FSW-O

Thanks to all the members of the forum for your guidance, encouragement and support. Without you all, this wait would have been terrible to deal with. Will keep you guys posted about post-PPR timelines as well.

Cheers, and good luck to everyone!
Congratulations and wish you best of luck for future :)

Reactions: bbq_g3

Dscpl1

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Hi,
Need your expert advice. I am doing ‘short landing’ in Toronto. I am carrying some basic stuff which you would carry for a two week holiday and I will be staying with my family there.

1) Do I need to have a ‘List of accompanying items’? If yes, do I need to include the jewellery like engagement ring which I am wearing?

2) We won’t be shipping anything later. Do I still need to fill out ‘List of goods to follow’?

3) Can the officer refuse to put the stamp because I am here for short time with a plan to return after few months?

Thanks in advance.
congrats on your COPR.
1. Fill everything you can on the form. Its better to play safe than go through immigration troubles on your first day in a country you want to call home.
2. You don't need to fill the list of goods to follow part if you are sure nothing will be sent to you later.
3. The officer will still sign the form. They don't expect everyone to come in and stay. What's important is that you do your landing before your medical expires.

I hope his helps. I wish you a safe journey whenever you travel.

Reactions: gary007

gary007

Nov 12, 2017
Hi guys
Recently I called up CIC 1 week back and the recorded message said :
Review of eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical result : You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents : "Nothing was said on the recorded message " (They asked for RPRF fees as additional document last month which i paid 2 weeks back , but noting for the moment )
Background check : We are processing your background check . We will send you message if we need more information.

Can some clarify the above ?
Appreciate your help .

Regards
Gary

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi mamiojo ...That looks positive...Hope you will get your PPR soon...

Can someone guide me on how to order for GCMS notes? Is it necessary that we should be having somebody in Canada to reference the GCMS Notes?
Thanks!

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

So, just received the Ready for Visa email. Strange enough, my CIC profile and application had my email ID on it. But my sibling had ordered GCMS notes for me. The Ready for Visa email was sent to my sibling's email ID.

Timeline:
AOR: Dec 21, 2017
MEP: Jan 09, 2018
IP1: Jan 09, 2018
NA2: Jan 11, 2018
IP2: Feb 27, 2018
GCMS notes ordered: May 03, 2018
Ghost Update: May 07, 2018
PPR: May 08, 2018
VO: Ottawa
Stream: FSW-O

Thanks to all the members of the forum for your guidance, encouragement and support. Without you all, this wait would have been terrible to deal with. Will keep you guys posted about post-PPR timelines as well.

Cheers, and good luck to everyone!
Sweet! Congrats! :cool:

Reactions: bbq_g3

GaurriMangaonkar

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Hi guys
Recently I called up CIC 1 week back and the recorded message said :
Review of eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical result : You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents : "Nothing was said on the recorded message " (They asked for RPRF fees as additional document last month which i paid 2 weeks back , but noting for the moment )
Background check : We are processing your background check . We will send you message if we need more information.

Can some clarify the above ?
Appreciate your help .

Regards
Gary
Hey.. i guess rprf fees is not considered as ADR. Also its IP2 stage. Im sailing in the same boat. You just gotta be patient n wait for PPR. Gcms will give a clearer idea. I asked my counselor if i ahould order one she told me to wait. But this waiting is really getting on my nervea.

Reactions: gary007

gary007

Nov 12, 2017
Hey.. i guess rprf fees is not considered as ADR. Also its IP2 stage. Im sailing in the same boat. You just gotta be patient n wait for PPR. Gcms will give a clearer idea. I asked my counselor if i ahould order one she told me to wait. But this waiting is really getting on my nervea.
Hey
Can you share your timeline please ?What is your NDVO?

Last edited: