App. Filed.......
06-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
Med's Request
15-12-2022
Med's Done....
29-12-2022
My wife’s 6 months stay in Canada ends on March 3. I haven’t received Copr. Wondering if I have to apply for extension or she can stay.
I am not sure what you should do about this situation. We applied for visitor extension for my husband on December 6, 2022. And he got a visitor record before the end of the year. It was quite fast.

His 6 months stay would have expired January 30, 2023. They gave him a VR which expires Dec 2023.

vamsi1988

Oct 30, 2021
I am not sure what you should do about this situation. We applied for visitor extension for my husband on December 6, 2022. And he got a visitor record before the end of the year. It was quite fast.

His 6 months stay would have expired January 30, 2023. They gave him a VR which expires Dec 2023.
Can i apply for extension on online portal for visitor visa. If u don’t mind can you please share the link

vamsi1988

Oct 30, 2021

Can please tell me what documentation you have provided

fever_08

Feb 13, 2010
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
06-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
Med's Request
15-12-2022
Med's Done....
29-12-2022
Can please tell me what documentation you have provided
I don't know the exact form or IMM document # -- it's the one to change condition or extend stay as visitor.

You'll need to upload passport, photo and financial statements (bank account to support the stay)

Crisvp

Feb 13, 2023
Hello, I'm new to this thread. I applied in December 18th 2022, received AOR and Medical Request on December 29th. Medical was done on January 3rd and approved on January 7th. I had biometrics done before for my study permit so that was out. I haven't received anything since the medical approval :( Does everyone have to receive the sponsor approval letter? I wonder why it's taking so long for the sponsor approval...

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Hello, I'm new to this thread. I applied in December 18th 2022, received AOR and Medical Request on December 29th. Medical was done on January 3rd and approved on January 7th. I had biometrics done before for my study permit so that was out. I haven't received anything since the medical approval :( Does everyone have to receive the sponsor approval letter? I wonder why it's taking so long for the sponsor approval...
Is the sponsor approval letter the same as the sponsor eligibility letter? I think it is and I received mine on Jan 18th, and we applied Dec 7. I will post my timeline. I also think it may depend on the officer working on your file. I feel we are in a waiting game now as well, as we have completed everything, received pre-arrival letter and eligibility letters. PA has no access to tracker however IRCC shows eligibility still in process and background still in process however we know eligibility has been done, but still waiting on final decision.

Inland Sponsorship - Spouse and 2 dependants
Dec 7 - online app submitted
Dec 10- sponsor rec'd AOR
Dec 15 - medical requests
Dec 19 - fee reminder letter (already paid)
Dec 22 - PA medical done
Jan 9 - Dependants medicals done
Jan 12 - Biometrics request for dependants (PA has biometrics on file from less than 10 years ago)
Jan 13 - Pre-Arrival letter
Jan 18 - medical passed
Jan 18 - sponsor eligibility email
Jan 26 - pa eligibility email
Jan 31 - dependants biometrics done

Crisvp

Feb 13, 2023
Yes, I would say it is. My husband got the AOR email and I got the medical request in my email but apart from that we haven't received anything. In my IRCC account it only says that my background check is in process but I expected the Sponsor Approval Letter to arrive few weeks ago. We are located in Manitoba and I don't know which office processes our case. Hopefully we will get a response soon enough since my visa expires in a few months...

And what exactly is the tracker you are talking about? Is it what it says in the IRCC website or another thing? Thanks!

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Yes, I would say it is. My husband got the AOR email and I got the medical request in my email but apart from that we haven't received anything. In my IRCC account it only says that my background check is in process but I expected the Sponsor Approval Letter to arrive few weeks ago. We are located in Manitoba and I don't know which office processes our case. Hopefully we will get a response soon enough since my visa expires in a few months...

And what exactly is the tracker you are talking about? Is it what it says in the IRCC website or another thing? Thanks!
its another tracker, but some (including myself and spouse) have had difficulties registering for it. I (sponsor) was just able to access it on Feb 1, but it only shows the sponsor application (so not much info). My Spouse hasnt been able to register for it, but from reading others posts is that the PR TRacker is behind on updates compared to GCKey. My spouse was able to link his only application to his GCKey ircc account.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022

for your processing office, on the emails rec'd, at the very bottom it will state which office its from. We are in Ontario and our office is Mississauga.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
today they decided to re-assess our eligibility. We had submitted the non-accompanying form for my stepson who is 17. Now they are asking for a custody agreement or a letter explaning the custody arrangements signed by non-accompanying parent and notarized. Which is ok, my stepsons Mother left him with his father when he was a baby and my husband has always had him under his care and while my husband has been in Canada, his son stayed with the grandparents (they all live together back in their home country). We had to track down the mother in order to get the first form signed and now have to track her down again to get another letter signed.

Elwest2

Sep 17, 2021
Hi all,

has anyone been experiencing ghost updates in their PR tracker? My tracker has been updated feb 9th, 14th and 15th but I can’t find any changes anywhere and background check still says not started.

also for anyone concerned about accessing the tracker I couldn’t get in until after I received eligibility approval and the pre-arrival letter. It seems to be very random as to when you can get access.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Hi all,

has anyone been experiencing ghost updates in their PR tracker? My tracker has been updated feb 9th, 14th and 15th but I can’t find any changes anywhere and background check still says not started.

also for anyone concerned about accessing the tracker I couldn’t get in until after I received eligibility approval and the pre-arrival letter. It seems to be very random as to when you can get access.
I havent been seen any ghost updates, and am the sponsor and just gained access to the tracker but the PA can't yet. My personal tracker for sponsorship was updated 2 days after they sent the re-assessment letters. Seems the order of processing is random as well, as my spouse rec'd pre-arrival letter the day after biometrics were requested for his children but pre-arrival was also rec'd before eligibility letters were sent. They since decided to re-assess eligibility as they wanted some form of custody arrangements as well, even tho the non-accompanying parent letter was signed and notorized.