App. Filed.......
06-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
Med's Request
15-12-2022
Med's Done....
29-12-2022
We got our approval email today :) after over a month of silence. We did call last week to ask why it moved so fast and then we provided additional documents and the dead silence and they couldn’t give an answer and now we have the approval. Hoping the final steps are quick.

Inland Sponsorship - Spouse and 2 dependants
Dec 7 - online app submitted
Dec 10- sponsor rec'd AOR
Dec 15 - medical requests
Dec 19 - fee reminder letter (already paid)
Dec 22 - PA medical done
Jan 9 - Dependants medicals done
Jan 12 - Biometrics request for dependants (PA has biometrics on file from less than 10 years ago)
Jan 13 - Pre-Arrival letter
Jan 18 - medical passed
Jan 18 - sponsor eligibility email
Jan 26 - pa eligibility email
Jan 31 - dependants biometrics done
Feb 13 - reassessment of eligibility of sponsor and PA
Feb 13 - ircc requested custody arrangements letter
Feb 20 - custody letter submitted
April 4 - eligibility completed again
April 6 -approval email and need to verify address

Congrats! So happy for you and you family.

Reactions: Leeanncr

fever_08

Feb 13, 2010
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
06-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
Med's Request
15-12-2022
Med's Done....
29-12-2022
I received invited to PR portal upload photo on 16th March and received ECOPR about 4 days later. When I check my portal my photo still says in review with IRCC but my address conformation has been accepted. Has anyone else’s taken this long without their photo being rejected? I’m approaching the current processing time for the card being sent out so I will phone once that comes around too.
It took a bit over 2 weeks for them to tell us that they rejected the photo. We uploaded a new one 24hrs later only for them to send us a PR card of the photo they rejected. We got the PR Card and it still said in review. I never bothered checking when they changed it once we got the PR card. Hopefully yours come soon.

RARUETEV

Jul 23, 2019
Our timeline:
Submitted Inland spousal sponsorship including dependents - December 30, 2022
PA and dependents medical passed - March 2, 2023
Sponsor received AOR - March 3, 2023
Waiting since then...
anyone in the similar timeline?

FrenchBoï

Apr 11, 2023
Our timeline:
Submitted Inland spousal sponsorship including dependents - December 30, 2022
PA and dependents medical passed - March 2, 2023
Sponsor received AOR - March 3, 2023
Waiting since then...
anyone in the similar timeline?
Hey everyone,

Application submitted - January 5th 2023
(Biometrics done previously - 2022)
AOR - January 26th
Medical Request - January 26th
Medical completed - 8th February
Eligibility completed - 21st February
Invitation Pre-arrival letter - 22nd February

I am now waiting on my background check to be done, it's been a month and a half since my medical was completed and the status is still on "not started".
Anyone else in the same case?

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Hey everyone,

Application submitted - January 5th 2023
(Biometrics done previously - 2022)
AOR - January 26th
Medical Request - January 26th
Medical completed - 8th February
Eligibility completed - 21st February
Invitation Pre-arrival letter - 22nd February

I am now waiting on my background check to be done, it's been a month and a half since my medical was completed and the status is still on "not started".
Anyone else in the same case?
The updates are slow. My spouse got ecopr today but gc key still shows background and eligibility in progress. Up until the other day it still showed background not started. We had about a month delay recently where we had no movement.

Reactions: FrenchBoï

Elwest2

Sep 17, 2021
Thank you to those who responded to my earlier question about receiving the physical card. I’m at 33 days of the current 35 day processing time. Tried to phone today just to see if they could tell me whether it’s been sent out but will probably be better waiting until tomorrow morning when it’s usually quieter. Concerned about the CRA strikes that are about to happen. I need my card before I travel to finally see my family again in June!

RARUETEV

Jul 23, 2019
Hi All, Quick advise please. We applied for In-canada class sponsorship application (Spouse and two children included on the application) on December 30th, 2022 when my spouse and kids are in Canada in visitor status and we received AOR on March 3rd, 2023. Since then we have no communication/update. My spouse applied for Open work permit on March 14th, 2023 (there was no option to include dependents in open work permit application). So now both PR application and Open work permit applications are in pending. Could you please advise if we have submit visitor visa extensions for my spouse and children? Will the open work permit application give implied status for my spouse? if yes, will that implied status applicable for my children also?

Another question, to apply visitor visa extension, could you please advise what I should mention in the letter of explanation for visitor visa extension?

Thank you

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi All, Quick advise please. We applied for In-canada class sponsorship application (Spouse and two children included on the application) on December 30th, 2022 when my spouse and kids are in Canada in visitor status and we received AOR on March 3rd, 2023. Since then we have no communication/update. My spouse applied for Open work permit on March 14th, 2023 (there was no option to include dependents in open work permit application). So now both PR application and Open work permit applications are in pending. Could you please advise if we have submit visitor visa extensions for my spouse and children? Will the open work permit application give implied status for my spouse? if yes, will that implied status applicable for my children also?

Another question, to apply visitor visa extension, could you please advise what I should mention in the letter of explanation for visitor visa extension?

Thank you
The inland OWP application will give your spouse implied/Maintained status. But your children need to apply for visitor status extension. The OWP will not give the children any special status.

Last edited: