+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
If it starts with F it is the actual number. XF seems to be temporary.

They do not seem to be as consistent with sending the AOR as before, some are getting eg biometric requests first.
Thanks for the clarification, in that case, it just may take a few days to update. I received my test invite for my citizenship on December 15 I believe and it still hasn't updated that I have received an invite. lol

What's frustrating about the whole process is how precise we all need to be with everything, yet they are all over the map. Why can't they stay consistent so we actually all know where we are in the process! So aggravating!

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
December applications in my opinion will be min three to four months probably. I was roughly 5.5 months.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
December applications in my opinion will be min three to four months probably. I was roughly 5.5 months.
5.5 months for AOR? omg.... thats a long time, do you think the entire application will be finished by December 2021? They said ETA of 1 year for entire application.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I applied in June. Received June 24th. AOR December 4th. I would be amazed if finished in a year, very amazed.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Yes, easily. Ive seen some 2019 apps still waiting. Talk to a lady today who was just under two years.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
In some Facebook groups I've seen 2018 applicants. This is all so aggravating!

Definitely, in most cases will take more than 1 year as this was the pre-pandemic average timeline. What has really bothered me the most is so many people waited 8 months to get their application back for a mistake, just to have start all over again. I'm worried about waiting an exorbitant amount of time if I made an error. I don't know why they can't assign the number when they receive your package and then contact you to update a specific form due to a mistake or missing document instead of sending the whole thing back. So archaic.

Reactions: maryberry

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I litterally yelled when I got aor out of excitment. Long wait it was. And yes I cant imagine waiting that long during these times and pandemic to just get it returned. Also I agree these decisions are massive for peoples future.

Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I litterally yelled when I got aor out of excitment. Long wait it was. And yes I cant imagine waiting that long during these times and pandemic to just get it returned. Also I agree these decisions are massive for peoples future.
Now that Marco Mendecino has increased staff by 66% I hope things start moving faster that mid-pandemic. I have to say, in my groups I saw sooo many applicant receiving their PPR - it felt like there was a huge push to get applications approved at the end of the year...I hope that wasn't the only reason, but I'm worried now that they've pushed hard on their 2020 target they'll slow back down. I am anxious everyday...waiting for AOR or seeing my returned application. I'm literally sick to my stomach.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Whats your submit date?
It was received at the PC on December 18, 2020....so I'm in for a while. *sigh* I wish I started our application sooner, like after we got married... I was just stressed and anxious about it. What can you do.