+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
What country is the applicant. I was stressed to the max just beforw I submitted. Must have chevked it twenty times. lol. Was massive relief getting aor.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Now that Marco Mendecino has increased staff by 66% I hope things start moving faster that mid-pandemic.
I'd just note that this 66% was an increase in the number of 'decision makers.' Probably staff reallocated from other, less busy programs. The number in one article (I believe the Minister's statement at some point but don't have it to hand) was an increase from 30 to 50 people. Presumably these are relatively senior staff with approval authority. We don't know if other staff were also moved (at lower levels for example).

We don't know much else about staffing and all the other issues (scanning files early, etc). Clearly this was a bottleneck that they'd identified and soemething they can do.

Note: a lot of the other bottlenecks in various places were dictated by local situation, esp missions abroad and closures of the visa application centres (for biometrics, etc).

Things are moving faster and they seem to have resolved some issues (by, for example, accepting biometrics from previous applications, and moving some processing to Ottawa - probably because those decision-makers are based in Ottawa).

BUT: don't expect magic, covid is still ongoing and new lockdowns and travel measures are not going to make things faster. 2020 was marked by almost six months where things were REALLY slow, almost stopped in some areas. They're also clearly still trying to catch up.

(And note: I'm not trying to discourage anyone - it just won't all magically go away in weeks)

m.a.s9362

Jan 4, 2021
ON
Category........
FAM
Submitted application on Dec 23 by DHL, received at CPC Sydney on Dec 31 according to courier tracking.

Reading this forum just makes me more nervous, I realized that three of my forms were out of date (the versions that I filled out were identical to the updated forms though) and I abbreviated the province name (ON instead Ontario) for my work addresses. Fingers crossed and praying that I get the AOR soon.

Just curious what's the next step before I can link the application (I'm both the sponsor and appointed representative of the applicant, i.e. my wife) to the online account - can we link the application to our online account without a client ID/UCI so that I can track progress or do I have to wait till I get the AOR? Any ideas how long it takes to get the AOR right now?

Good luck to everyone here!

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Wait for AOR. Once they receive it will have someone check it being complete. Meaning all signatures, all documents and forms are submitted. If all good you will receive aor. Than can link it. I was roughly 5.5 months waiting for aor. Was a nervous wreck filling the application and preparing.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Submitted application on Dec 23 by DHL, received at CPC Sydney on Dec 31 according to courier tracking.

Reading this forum just makes me more nervous, I realized that three of my forms were out of date (the versions that I filled out were identical to the updated forms though) and I abbreviated the province name (ON instead Ontario) for my work addresses. Fingers crossed and praying that I get the AOR soon.

Just curious what's the next step before I can link the application (I'm both the sponsor and appointed representative of the applicant, i.e. my wife) to the online account - can we link the application to our online account without a client ID/UCI so that I can track progress or do I have to wait till I get the AOR? Any ideas how long it takes to get the AOR right now?

Good luck to everyone here!
wait until you get AOR - then you can you can link. u can pre-make ur GCKEY Acc right now if u want though.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I'd just note that this 66% was an increase in the number of 'decision makers.' Probably staff reallocated from other, less busy programs. The number in one article (I believe the Minister's statement at some point but don't have it to hand) was an increase from 30 to 50 people. Presumably these are relatively senior staff with approval authority. We don't know if other staff were also moved (at lower levels for example).

We don't know much else about staffing and all the other issues (scanning files early, etc). Clearly this was a bottleneck that they'd identified and soemething they can do.

Note: a lot of the other bottlenecks in various places were dictated by local situation, esp missions abroad and closures of the visa application centres (for biometrics, etc).

Things are moving faster and they seem to have resolved some issues (by, for example, accepting biometrics from previous applications, and moving some processing to Ottawa - probably because those decision-makers are based in Ottawa).

BUT: don't expect magic, covid is still ongoing and new lockdowns and travel measures are not going to make things faster. 2020 was marked by almost six months where things were REALLY slow, almost stopped in some areas. They're also clearly still trying to catch up.

(And note: I'm not trying to discourage anyone - it just won't all magically go away in weeks)
Oh, 100% I agree... but I am speaking of situations such as waiting 8 months to have an application returned for a missing checkmark. Things like this, I don't find acceptable...and I'm hoping that the 6-8 month waits for AOR and just the initial hold ups go smoother.

m.a.s9362

Jan 4, 2021
ON
Category........
FAM
If the principal applicant has appointed a representative, are returned applications sent to the principal applicant's address or the representative's address?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Regarding the abbreviation not to scare you but I heard one app was returned for that.
Yes, I know. :( It's really out of my control now and I can't stress about it. My husband is going to work in Qatar for one year and I won't see him in 2021 at all. :( It will likely be 2 years without being in eachother's presence. I may visit him in Qatar, but I don't know yet what will be... he'll be working, so between work and sleep, how much time do we actually have to spend time together?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
If the principal applicant has appointed a representative, are returned applications sent to the principal applicant's address or the representative's address?
These are returned before the processing begins, so will be to the sponsor.