+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** December 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship ***

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Please someone answer I am so lost!!!
If my spouses ex-partner gets sole custody of his son (non accompanying dependent in our app) does he no longer require a medical exam?
Hi Erika from the information available online, even though the dependents are not accompanying they still need to give medicals. You mentioned status on ECAS is Decision Made, is it for both Applicant and Sponsor? I think your application is all done accept for the medicals and as soon as you guys submit them, you will get invitation to PR portal, I am only mentioning what I saw on few posts of processing timelines posted on a spousal sponsorship facebook group. Hopefully you guys can sort out the medicals issue soon.

susannelankin

Sep 18, 2020
Please someone answer I am so lost!!!
If my spouses ex-partner gets sole custody of his son (non accompanying dependent in our app) does he no longer require a medical exam?
Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this, Erika! Sounds like a complicated situation and would suggest calling IRCC if you haven't already to get clarification.

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Just now spoke to IRCC call center agent, she said a letter was sent to primary applicant on Aug 9th and everything is put on hold waiting for the response, I checked with my lawyer and the letter was a reminder to send the medical's. My lawyer on the same day sent a webform with emedicals sheet I sent her, and also the screenshot of our GCKEY showing medicals were received and passed on July 29th. I just don't understand what is going on really. Already the processing is slowed down and top of that now this, we are so frustrated.

ACatto

Jan 8, 2021
Has anyone else just been left on “medical approved”? My medical was approved on the 1st of august, since then, nothing. I’ve tried calling I don’t know how many times, but I just get an automated message saying that they’re too busy right now and then get cut off.
I had been following the spreadsheet, but nearly all of the data has gone, what happened?
Anyone else in the same boat? I just don’t understand the inconsistencies in processing times between the different steps.

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Has anyone else just been left on “medical approved”? My medical was approved on the 1st of august, since then, nothing. I’ve tried calling I don’t know how many times, but I just get an automated message saying that they’re too busy right now and then get cut off.
I had been following the spreadsheet, but nearly all of the data has gone, what happened?
Anyone else in the same boat? I just don’t understand the inconsistencies in processing times between the different steps.
We are also in the same boat. Have you checked GCKEY, does it say your eligibility review has started? for us it says eligibility review not started yet. Really wish there is some kind of transparency on how IRCC is processing the applications.

Reactions: ACatto

ACatto

Jan 8, 2021
We are also in the same boat. Have you checked GCKEY, does it say your eligibility review has started? for us it says eligibility review not started yet. Really wish there is some kind of transparency on how IRCC is processing the applications.
I got a ghost update on GCKEY this morning saying that my application had an update, when I opened it, there wasn’t anything.
It says that they are reviewing my eligibility, but I have already been approved I principal, in the email it states that I meet the eligibility requirements.
The whole status system is a mess. It says that they don’t need my fingerprints but will notify me if this changes, but lower down shows the details of my biometrics.
If they could just keep it updated accurately so you actually knew what step you were at and what they were working on, or simply if you are in a queue for the next step, it would provide so much peace of mind.
we get to progress soon.

CaiShalane

Sep 12, 2021
Us too! We received AOR on July 21 and passed medical Aug.10th. Silence since, other than another reminder to pay biometric fees, which was already paid. So frustrating how things have completely come to a stop. You see so many others with the same timeline in the final stages or who's files are complete.

Mani sssss

Sep 16, 2021
File received 27 dec 2020
Temp.App.no 27 march 2021
Aor 4 june 2021
Medical req. 15 june 2021
Fingerprints req. 19 july 2021
Fingerprints done 8 sep 2021
After that nothing
Anybody knows what is next
How much time after fingerprints
No OWP yet I already apply with PR

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
File received 27 dec 2020
Temp.App.no 27 march 2021
Aor 4 june 2021
Medical req. 15 june 2021
Fingerprints req. 19 july 2021
Fingerprints done 8 sep 2021
After that nothing
Anybody knows what is next
How much time after fingerprints
No OWP yet I already apply with PR
Have you finished medicals? did you pass them?

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Yes june 29
Ideally next steps should be Sponsor approval and Approved in Principle, you will see decision made on ECAS. There is no way to know how long this takes, some are getting these within 2 months after AOR, some are getting it very late, not really sure how IRCC is processing the applications, so all we can do is wait and more over seems like there are more important cases IRCC needs to take care of now.

Mani sssss

Sep 16, 2021
Ideally next steps should be Sponsor approval and Approved in Principle, you will see decision made on ECAS. There is no way to know how long this takes, some are getting these within 2 months after AOR, some are getting it very late, not really sure how IRCC is processing the applications, so all we can do is wait and more over seems like there are more important cases IRCC needs to take care of now.
June 29 I receive the email you have met the requirements for eligible as a sponsor
Is this the approval?
Nd july 2nd I receive the email
It has determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse
Is this the approval ?

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
June 29 I receive the email you have met the requirements for eligible as a sponsor
Is this the approval?
Nd july 2nd I receive the email
It has determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse
Is this the approval ?
Yes, did you check ECAS, does it say decision made on there for both Sponsor and Primary Applicant.