+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** December 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship ***

davidoqc2

Aug 16, 2021
Thanks for the response and sharing your timeline! It's a bit of relief at least to know that there are others who are so far out from receiving their AOR as well. It's quite unfair feeling; seeing how many people that applied months later have completed their entire process. There are people applying outland from the end of July that have completely finished their process already.
I feel you, it's really disheartening at times :( on the bright side though, if your AOR is coming a little bit late, more often than not the rest of your process will go super fast. Like I say, my AOR came in September 2021 (quite a bit later than everyone else in the October 2020 lot), and I already have my CoPR just 2 months later, which is earlier than a lot of people who were miles ahead of me. Fingers crossed you get lucky with that too when it happens, all the best :)

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
We were unable to get my husbands non accompanying dependent a medical exam as his mother refused to do so. His ex partner went to court and got full custody of the child and even sent a letter to IRCC requesting the child be removed from the application. The medical request letter was sent July 24th and on July 30th we sent a web form asking for more time than the deadline as at this point we were having a hard time convincing her but no legal court proceedings had happened yet. Anyways, on September 14th the IRCC officer asked for proof of the custody document. We sent it ASAP and then heard absolutely nothing until this morning. This morning tbe officer sent a letter saying they approve the request to extend time for the medical exam and we have until December 31 or it may be refused with no further consideration. I don’t know what to do, that web form was sent so long ago and we provided the documents that my husband has no custody. Would it be worth hiring a lawyer at this point or what should we do :(

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
We were unable to get my husbands non accompanying dependent a medical exam as his mother refused to do so. His ex partner went to court and got full custody of the child and even sent a letter to IRCC requesting the child be removed from the application. The medical request letter was sent July 24th and on July 30th we sent a web form asking for more time than the deadline as at this point we were having a hard time convincing her but no legal court proceedings had happened yet. Anyways, on September 14th the IRCC officer asked for proof of the custody document. We sent it ASAP and then heard absolutely nothing until this morning. This morning tbe officer sent a letter saying they approve the request to extend time for the medical exam and we have until December 31 or it may be refused with no further consideration. I don’t know what to do, that web form was sent so long ago and we provided the documents that my husband has no custody. Would it be worth hiring a lawyer at this point or what should we do :(
Hey Erika so sorry to hear this. I would suggest you to hire an immigration attorney ASAP, also get in touch with your local MP and explain your situation and ask them to contact IRCC and submit the documents officer requested, that might make a difference.