+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** December 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship ***

susannelankin

Sep 18, 2020
Application Received 31/12/2020. I got a ghost update yesterday “profile updated”. Today I received pre-arrival letter and checked ecas says DM for both sponsors and applicant. What could this mean?
Exactly the same situation here! I'm assuming it's good news and GCKey just hasn't updated yet?

susannelankin

Sep 18, 2020
We got the PR Portal email last night! We're so excited but it was a surprise as we never had notification of AIP or SA! Is that normal?

We had a ghost update on CGKey yesterday along with our pre-arrival email (GCKey still hasn't updated), so if it hadn't been for that we wouldn't have checked ECAS to see we had DM!

Timeline below:

Received: Dec 4, 2020
Biometric reminder email: Dec 23, 2020
Pre-AOR: March 16, 2021
AOR: July 16, 2021
Medical request: July 15, 2021
In progress: July 16, 2021
Medical exam: July 18, 2021
Biometrics requested: July 23, 2021
Biometrics given: July 27, 2021
Medical passed: July 27, 2021
AIP: Unknown
SA: Unknown
Pre-arrival email: Aug 25, 2021
Decision made: Aug 25, 2021 (could have been earlier? no notification)
PR confirmation portal email: Aug 25, 2021
ECOPR: TBD
PR card: TBD

Naomi.

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
That’s so quick for a PR, is it because you are an American?
I have no idea, that could be a possibility though.

Just wanted to mention that this was my second time submitting my application because I made an error within my first application that I sent back in June 2020. It took them 6 months just to send my application back, letting me know the mistakes. I sent my revised application ASAP, so maybe I already had an open file and that could explain the reason for the quick PR.

I wish you luck on your application!

yoshwakeham

May 3, 2021
Is the Operations Support Centre the one that actually reviews the PR confirmation "packet"? I'm wondering as I've been waiting for eCoPR for a week now, the suspense is killing me! My case has been processed at CPC Mississauga – curious if anyone else who applied through Mississauga is experiencing a similar delay for eCoPR?

Beccabecca

Aug 26, 2021
Is the Operations Support Centre the one that actually reviews the PR confirmation "packet"? I'm wondering as I've been waiting for eCoPR for a week now, the suspense is killing me! My case has been processed at CPC Mississauga – curious if anyone else who applied through Mississauga is experiencing a similar delay for eCoPR?
Sorry. Don’t know answers to your question. It was processed indeed by CPC Missisauga but eCoPR says Issued at OSC…

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Is pre arrival letter a good thing? We’ve ran into some problems with my husbands application (ex partner refuses to get ID for non accompanying dependent to get medical exam done) and it shows that IRCC has not received results although my husbands is done & confirmed it was submitted with the panel physician. We’ve sent several web forms with proof and updates on the situation with the non accompanying dependent. Just confused why this has come and we have not heard back on anything else.
Also does anyone know how his ex partner filing sole custody of the non accompanying dependent may affect the application? ECAS also says decision made but GCkey does not.

Last edited:

Joyh

Dec 5, 2019
hey guys, since the waiting time is so long now, do u guys all applied for visitor status extension? I have heard that if owp got rejected after the visitor status is expired, then I will be out of status. Does it mean if I do not apply for owp with an inland spousal sponsorship, then I won’t have this risk?

susannelankin

Sep 18, 2020
hey guys, since the waiting time is so long now, do u guys all applied for visitor status extension? I have heard that if owp got rejected after the visitor status is expired, then I will be out of status. Does it mean if I do not apply for owp with an inland spousal sponsorship, then I won’t have this risk?
That's true - you are on implied status while your application is being processed, but if you get denied for any reason you will be out of status. We applied for an extension for my partner as insurance. The processing time is so delayed on extensions, he only got it a week before his PR was confirmed. I would do it again though, just as piece of mind (especially since travelling is not so simple during COVID times).

susannelankin

Sep 18, 2020
I think it's a bit of a crapshoot to be honest. It's hard to track how IRCC's systems work (if they have any at all). My partner's application was sent to Mississauga, we never got notification of it moving to another CPC. Then his invitation to the PR portal came from Calgary, and then his eCoPR came from Vancouver. Nonsensical...

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Please someone answer I am so lost!!!
If my spouses ex-partner gets sole custody of his son (non accompanying dependent in our app) does he no longer require a medical exam?